What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback theory

jayjayselmes

Juniors
i love how parra scored 38 points and our half back contributed to none of it.

its so great isnt it ???

Kornstar

Coach
jayjayselmes said:

its so great isnt it ???

You obviously didn't see the last try?

The Colonel

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:

its so great isnt it ???

You should learn to open your eyes when you watch a game.....:lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
mateo busted the lplayer to score not smith you clowns

f*** me dead

he was sh*thouse at best

Yet the commentators, coach and 99% of fans can see what you don't......

By the way, I'm not a clown..... I work with the elephants.

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:

f*** me dead

he was sh*thouse at best

I was waiting for you to drag your pathetic arse in here...didn't take long, you're like a deluded vulture circling a perfectly healthy animal in the vain hope that it might die...Pitiful, absolutely pitiful, that's all that you and your constant Smith bagging is. You never use evidence, you never say anything except to have a go at the 99% of the league community who rate Tim Smith...weak.

eel01s

Bench
I thought is was excellent that Parra did not rely on kicks to score their tries. Not only does this mean that our confidence is growing in attack, but the opposition now has to rethink their defence when playing us.

So, if Smith and Finch see an up and in defence, the kicks can come out to force the defencive line to hang back. When this happens, the offloads and second phase play can begin again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dear JJ,

There were no sh*thouse players in our team last night.

Love

Twizzle

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayjayselmes said:

f*** me dead

he was sh*thouse at best

it's funny how you watch the game differently to others, your hatred for him has now gone beyond the joke.

I used to think you were funny, now I feel really sorry for you..:?

Freak2

Juniors
I think both halves started the game slowly. Finchy fell off a few tackles early and then gave away a penalty or 2, and Tim simply got lost a few times making poor decisions. Once getting caught with the ball, another time going to Eric with a cut out on the last that wasn't on, and finally a poor cross field kick on the last.

Luckily enough our halves were able to improve predominantly because we were not behind on the scoreboard and the pressure was off. To be totally fair both are playing much better football currently then they have for quite some time. EG: 1-2 years. But the need for consistancy is still there!!!

1 point I would like to raise with Tim is that he has stopped putting it dead on the last giving the opposition a free 20 metres!! - Well done

But I am still waiting on his first NRL 40-20!!:p

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Bazal said:
Even Finch was acceptable, still our worst but decent enough
you sir are an idiot, finch had his best game of the year and was everywhere last night, scoring tries, saving tries, setting up tries, breaking the line, cleaning up lose balls

Bigfella

Coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timmy played ok, it's good to see that he doesn't play outstanding and we still score 38 points

That was the great thing about the game. Earlier in the season he was the only source of points.

If anything, the retreating defence probably gave him too much time on occasions. Also it seems to me that in the games where we rack up a score, the side consciously gives Finch a bit more hand in things.

But there were some great touches by both halves. Tim is looking to turn the ball back towards where the break came from, which is very constructive. Also some good solid understated touches by both.

And why the obsession with 40-20s'? How many games are decided by them in a season?

Freak2

Juniors
Bigfella said:
And why the obsession with 40-20s'? How many games are decided by them in a season?

My opinion: Every halfback in the comp should be capable and Tim is yet to kick one in 3 seasons. TRUST ME HE HASNT GOT ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT!!!!

They don't win you games but are often turning points between winning and losing.

PS: Last nights turning point - Robbo's tackle!!

denwatts

Juniors
I have been critical of Tim Smith all year and praising Ben Smith all year on other boards but I will say this I though Tim Smith played the his best game for us all year last night.What he did was allow his players to dictate how the game was going to played game and he then played as a team man game and not as the one everything revolve around.What he did last night was up his defence because he was not being pressured into finding instant solutions in attack.Ben Smith is the best centre the club has had since Mick Cronin,that boy can play and defend.