What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Congrats to Benji joining the likes of Jones, Wiki and Graham in the Hall of Fame

IMG_6228.jpegIMG_6229.jpeg
See the list of players already inducted here

Reactions: Izz

JJ

Immortal
While Les Boyd was quite the player, I’m not so sure about that one…

JJ

Immortal
You'd have thought Boyd might have matured, but nope...

Brohman remains bitter, which is sad but understandable - but the decision to put Boyd in there isn't really understandable imo

JJ

Immortal
Someone in the main thread mentioned Hugh McGahan as a possibility, interesting, certainly a premier lock at one point...

Lindner and Sironen are staggering omissions imo espcially with Boyd there now, Gary Larson too

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
14th Immortal to be named tonight, here is the reported shortlist

According to the News Corp publication, the final Immortals shortlist for the 2024 induction includes Ron Coote, Allan Langer, Cameron Smith, Darren Lockyer, Brett Kenny, Peter Sterling, Laurie Daley, Glenn Lazarus, Bradley Clyde, Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater, Ken Irvine and Brad Fittler

The current 13

The other 13 Immortals are John Raper, Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis, Reg Gasnier, Clive Churchill, Bob Fulton, Graeme Langlands, Mal Meninga, Dally Messenger, Arthur Beetson, Norm Provan, Frank Burge and Dave Brown

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I wouldn’t mind seeing Lazarus go in. Coote, Irvine, Kenny and Sterling a bit before my time. I don’t see Langer as an immortal at all, think Daley and Clyde fall a bit short. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear Lockyer called out tonight

Meth

Staff member
I would probably go Brett Kenny or Peter Sterling, but I understand the call for Cameron Smith. It’s a matter of when, not if

Big Marn

Bench
Ken Irvine the oldest there by far. Was he a player that was just on the end of the line scoring tries that others had created?
Obviously in the hall of fame for being a great winger.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ken Irvine the oldest there by far. Was he a player that was just on the end of the line scoring tries that others had created?
Obviously in the hall of fame for being a great winger.

think he was a champion sprinter that came across, and if you gave him 5cm to work in it was game over

JJ

Immortal
Kind of criminal that Sterling and Kenny aren't there - would be atrocious is they put someone like Langer in first imo. Kenny was something else - NSW had a winning record with him at 6, was always selected for Aust ahead of Meninga, and at times ahead of Wally - then of course they realised they could both be in the team... the difference in grand finals - I was just in awe of him as a young kid

Obviously Coote is way back, no doubt deserving but if they put him in now, the obvious question is why not earlier?

Smith obviously will be in at some stage - but I still struggle with the notion of the immortal - Meninga had longevity, but to be clear Kenny and Miles (strangely absent from these discussions) were better centres (and Kenny wasn't even primarily a centre), and Lewis was a better leader...

I would probably go Brett Kenny or Peter Sterling, but I understand the call for Cameron Smith. It’s a matter of when, not if
If Smith gets it with only being retired a couple of years its a big piss stain to all those who are in contention that retired before him.

His time will come.

Id go Kenny or Sterling

You'd have thought Boyd might have matured, but nope...

Brohman remains bitter, which is sad but understandable - but the decision to put Boyd in there isn't really understandable imo
Boyd gets a 12 month suspension for that elbow and a 9 month suspension for eye gauging.
Whats the criteria for getting into this hall of fame.
If its that then Hopoate would be a shoe in

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just started watching, not sure I’ll get all the way through to the announcement but hopefully will be a good watch before then

Voss already annoying me a bit as host lol, Lara Pitt did a great job with the pre interviews and looked outstanding doing it