What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halves for the future.

Avenger

Immortal
If the current halves are here in 2012 I will consider not renewing my membership. They are awful. When I see them play I feel nauseas. So who will it be in 2012? And who is available?

Cronk (With the mysterious get out clause)

Sam Williams (Apparently has agreed to terms with the Raiders but as yet has not signed)

Jarrod Mullen (Conflicting reports as to whether he has re-signed)

Widdop (I did read that he is off contract in 2012)

Maloney (Apparently I read somewhere that the Warriors have an option in their favour.)

Wallace (Off contract in 2012)

Ben Roberts (Off contract in 2012)

Brett Seymour (Off contract in 2012, we could maybe even get him for this year)

Tim Smith (See above)

Sezer from the under 20’s - Dogs and likewise Sejka from the under 20’s Panthers (I must admit I have never seen them play)

I jnust don't know mate. Everyone was telling me Ando passed on Trent Hodgkins who went to the Dogs.

I have yet to See Brad Murray, but I don't know his head would be in he right place at the moment.

I would love Wallace, close to being local isn't he? From St Mary's? But with Lockyer retiring, wouldn't the Broncos throw huge amounts of cash at him?

Hayne at 6 won't work at the moment, and I don't think that Mortimer would be that bad of we had a good half and a quick hooker giving them good service.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we should go for that Manly no7 cherry evans, damm he gets me huge fantasy points in the toyota fantasy comp

6. Quade cooper
7. cherry evans

Bazal

Post Whore
It was reported locally that Sam Williams has in fact re-signed for two years. Of course, if he keeps having to play second fiddle to that awful excuse for a halfback Orford, he might be on the market sooner. He's an excellent player

Maloney would do me perfectly

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I would chase Sandow and Sutton - I think they are both off contract I think. And I am not joking. They just need good coaching

Ratchy

Juniors
we should go for that Manly no7 cherry evans, damm he gets me huge fantasy points in the toyota fantasy comp

6. Quade cooper
7. cherry evans

The club had a chance to sign him at 2 different times & never really put their best foot forward to do so. He would've definately signed with Parra too since he supported them as a kid.

spartan2153

Juniors
If the current halves are here in 2012 I will consider not renewing my membership. They are awful. When I see them play I feel nauseas. So who will it be in 2012? And who is available?

Cronk (With the mysterious get out clause)

Sam Williams (Apparently has agreed to terms with the Raiders but as yet has not signed)

Jarrod Mullen (Conflicting reports as to whether he has re-signed)

Widdop (I did read that he is off contract in 2012)

Maloney (Apparently I read somewhere that the Warriors have an option in their favour.)

Wallace (Off contract in 2012)

Ben Roberts (Off contract in 2012)

Brett Seymour (Off contract in 2012, we could maybe even get him for this year)

Tim Smith (See above)

Sezer from the under 20’s - Dogs and likewise Sejka from the under 20’s Panthers (I must admit I have never seen them play)

During the broadcast before the game the commentator said slater had resigned with the club to 2015 & also mentioned that cronk & smith where contracted till 2013.

Mullen will not be leaving newcastle now that tinkler has taken over & why would want to leave to come to the eels at the moment.

Roberts i wouldnt waste my money

Seymour is the only realistic player we would have a chance at. At least he has experience & would make add 10 times to our current halves structure

Parraren

Bench
Short term fix: I'd take Seymour & Tim Smith in a heart beat over our current halves but they're not the right guys to chase long term.

Jason70

Juniors
Short term fix: I'd take Seymour & Tim Smith in a heart beat over our current halves but they're not the right guys to chase long term.

Wouldnt solve our halves problem, but may sort out any cashflow problems the Rose and Crown may have