What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halves for the future.

tresurehunt

Juniors
isnt it funny how when parra and the dogs both struggling to get morts signature,we fought so hard ,club and fans for him to stay at parra. and now nobody wants him ?

kanga

Juniors
If Penrith let this guy go to waste and not build on his potential, I would be looking at Blake Austin from Penrith. Have a look at round 3 foxtel footage. Very impressed with his kicking game, side line goal kicking and game control. I dont know if it was a one off as we dont get to see many games, but his potential was obvious.

kanga

Juniors
I would throw around $200 000+ on Harry Seijka and get rid of Robson. Then have Mortimer, Murray and Seijka fight it out on the halves pairing. That to me seems like the best possible option right now. Two genuine ball players and a great support player. Really if anyone else can come up with a better option, I have still to hear it.

Oh can someone who knows give us an update on how Karl Filinga is going pleese. Has he been playing and if so is he showing any improvement? Cheers.

Interesting number for someone who is not well known and coming from 20's. Can you point out what Seijka has done for Penrith. Any game footage? What are his stats like on nrl stats per game.

For a number like that, he would have to be one hell of a player and easily shines each game.

kanga

Juniors
No need to be hostile mate. I agree with you. But we can only go after halves that are available. And there just aren't at the moment as s**t as that is. The top notch halfbacks are locked into 5 year contracts, so you have to make do with the leftovers... as frustrating as that is. Robson and Mortimor are rubbish. I don't want them leading our team around this year or next. It's just a sad stae of affairs that there's no one else better available.
While I follow Penrith, I do follow Parra as well. Parra have some exiting games but they certainly are getting let down in the halves. The kicking game on Friday was embarrassing and something does need to be done.

BOMAR

Juniors
If Penrith let this guy go to waste and not build on his potential, I would be looking at Blake Austin from Penrith. Have a look at round 3 foxtel footage. Very impressed with his kicking game, side line goal kicking and game control. I dont know if it was a one off as we dont get to see many games, but his potential was obvious.
Plenty of Points
Will the big scores keep coming in round four? In round three every game had a multiple try-scorer and three of them finished with trebles – Brisbane’s Dale Copley, Canberra Raiders Sami Sauiluma and Penrith’s Blake Austin.

Making a point... 24 of them
Blake Austin turned in one of the most dominant 40 minutes of rugby league I’ve seen at Toyota Cup level last Saturday. The relaxed five-eighth showed why Penrith officials have him identified as a future NRL player, already drawing comparisons with Luke Lewis. He scored three tries in 32 minutes, kicked for another, directed his side brilliantly and finished with 24 points, breaking Lachlan Coote’s Penrith NYC record of 22.

Austin hobbled off early and coach Alex Melville will want him back as soon as possible given they play the Broncos, Canberra and Melbourne over the next three weeks.
On a footnote, halfback Tim Dengate also looked very good and with Harry Seijka due back from injury soon, Alex Melville has a halves rotation to trouble any team in the competition.