What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handlin and Mcguigan

troy

Juniors
McGuigans Company shares have been flying the last week. Rumours of a US buy out. He'll have loads of cash on hand if the case

Kiwishark

Juniors
Do these 2 guys have a history of being involved in Rugby League management? Were they at the Roosters with Ricky?

Dorsel

Juniors
Brian McGuigan is a top bloke......held in very high regard...has all the business smarts you could ask for.....

spider

Coach
beekershark said:
Just as long as these men, or men of their calibre sit on the board. Not all board members need to be as high profile as them or involved with such huge companies, but that SOME are is very important.

Yes i know, and agree. Its a business at the end of the day so experience is important.

TBH - if this decision [sticky and team] comes off in all aspects, not just points on the ladder, it will be a fitting result to a couple of massive decisions.

I hope so.

ali

Bench
The_Replacement said:
I haven't read all the responses to this issue. If these are the names that are mentioned, well there are advantages of having Ricky Stuart coming on board.
I am not a fan of Ricky Stuart, I detest him as a coach that much I was almost willing to jump ship and support another team. I cannot understand why we have hired a coach who in the last two years has coached a side that has finished below us on the table, and in turn spend over a million dollars to secure him. I believe that all our problems are with the Front Office, we need to get rid of them and get some fresh faces in. maybe we can get Handlin and/or Mcguigan on the board to boot Stuart to nowhere land.

Sounds like what I just read in the Leader. Did you write them a letter?

For the record, i completely disagree with what you are saying. For what it has cost us, we'll go close to getting it back in sponsorship and season seats before a ball is kicked.

Anyway, I completely agree with Beeks. This may be the shakeup our board needed. One good decision to sign Stuart, who has sort of fallen into our hands, could lead to a revolution within the club. Lets hope a couple of Fordos mates onto the board is part of the deal. For that, I may actually vote for Baz's ticket.

Quigs

Immortal
Handlin and Mcguigan still a-gettin higher in L.A.,
You know where that's at.

And no one's gettin' fat except Mama Cass.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

spider

Coach
Ali said:
The _Replacement said:
I haven't read all the responses to this issue. If these are the names that are mentioned, well there are advantages of having Ricky Stuart coming on board.
I am not a fan of Ricky Stuart, I detest him as a coach that much I was almost willing to jump ship and support another team. I cannot understand why we have hired a coach who in the last two years has coached a side that has finished below us on the table, and in turn spend over a million dollars to secure him. I believe that all our problems are with the Front Office, we need to get rid of them and get some fresh faces in. maybe we can get Handlin and/or Mcguigan on the board to boot Stuart to nowhere land.

Sounds like what I just read in the Leader. Did you write them a letter?

Other way round maybe - read The Leader first.

For the record, i completely disagree with what you are saying. For what it has cost us, we'll go close to getting it back in sponsorship and season seats before a ball is kicked.
I would go one further Ali and say we should outsell 06 with the signing of Ricky. Bring on 07

carinashark

First Grade
I would like to see both looked at a bit more closely before we get to excited. There might be some unwanted baggage associated with them.

Latest posts