What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannant Looks At Tits.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Will not get him. Why would hannant go from a top 4 side to a side that will struggle to make the 8..not to mention he'll get just as much cash for Nth Qld or Gold Coast if he leaves Brisbane anyway.

Billigan

Juniors
Michaels Is Expected to resign with the broncos later this week. This was commented in yesturdays sunday mail.

boots16

Juniors
Will not get him. Why would hannant go from a top 4 side to a side that will struggle to make the 8..not to mention he'll get just as much cash for Nth Qld or Gold Coast if he leaves Brisbane anyway.

FoxSports reporting that Hannant signed with the dogs for 3 years.

DeeJ

Bench
Massive loss. We keep losing our props! Hopefully someone else can step up this season or the next.

Dazzat

First Grade
The polar bear is going south for the winter ....

Me thinks we have some good props coming through the ranks - including one David Taylor. Kenny is on the improve, but Clinton needs to lift alot (maybe when his mother Hillary finally loses the US elections he'll find some form).

Isaac Ah Mau seems highly regarded, but I reckon we'll still need to go to market.

Losing Hannant is a blow ... three top props gone, three years in a row.

hellteam

First Grade
I think we're looking good. Sure we've lost Hannant, but we now have the NSW origin halfback, two of the best three centres in the game, no 1 or 2 fullback, the best player (lockyer), the best young prop prospect in taylor, qld second rower thaiday, qld origin hooker (marsh). and we have solid experienced players such as parker boyd and eastwood.

dont think we can complain really.

Nevcost

Juniors
I would have rather Bruno kept Hannant then sign Folau, a good front rower is more important to a team then a good outside back

hellteam

First Grade
folau wouldnt be getting as much as everyone is saying anyway, theres no way the media can check how much individual players are getting paid. just the sydney morning herald making sh*t up again

Dazzat

First Grade
folau wouldnt be getting as much as everyone is saying anyway, theres no way the media can check how much individual players are getting paid. just the sydney morning herald making sh*t up again

Exactly ...

Meninga-like centres tend to attract crowds (important aspect of any club today). Hannant-like props don't get the turnstiles at Suncorp spinnning.

While Hannant is quality, there'll be others. We have Webke in the coaching staff now to mentor the next generation through.

Big Pete

Referee
Gutted about this decision to be honest. I've been a fan of Hannant ever since he played his first game for us against the Cows and it's such a shame to lose such a promising player to a team like the Dogs.

Either way I wish him all the best and hold no hard feelings.

With that said, who can we possibly sign/blood to replace him?

Kenny, Clinton and Taylor have all been well below par and Ah Mau seems like a reggies player. Speaking of reserves, young Josh McGuire could be a future option, appears to be a superb player from what I've seen although he needs a little more conditioning/discipline.

Who's on the market? Speaking of rumours and the one related to Te'o has me interested. He's had a superb season for the Tigers thus far however do we really need another backrower?

Dazzat

First Grade
Who's on the market? Speaking of rumours and the one related to Te'o has me interested. He's had a superb season for the Tigers thus far however do we really need another backrower?

With one T.Carroll moving on, a hard-running, hard-tackling backrower who can hit the fringes may come in handy.

Dazzat

First Grade
This is a good opportunity to ask the question. Is this a pattern for things to come? With Wayne Bennett moving on, will we see players showing less loyalty to the club than before?

For example, in the past, so many players have returned to the club after going elsewhere - Tonie Carroll, Brad Thorn, Justin Hodges and even Ben Hannant.

Might not be the case in the future under a new coach - nothing against Henjak.

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, the Broncos will certainly lose their aura about them without Bennett there. With that said I reckon we'll still be one of the top clubs.