What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannay for centre

fred_knight

Juniors
Read in the telegraph that Josh Hannay has been told to look elsewhere, reckon he would make a good centre considering we have none...

27 years old , over 150 FG games, almost 50 tries, played origin, and can kick a goal or 2.

Whats everybodys thoughts?

Nope.

Not keen at all, seems to have lost his passion altogether. And we are getting rid passengers not picking them up.

Frederick

Staff member
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Nope.

Not keen at all, seems to have lost his passion altogether. And we are getting rid passengers not picking them up.
Doesn't mean it can't be re-ignited. I've always been a fan of Hannays, used to enjoy watching him play for the Cowboys, and wouldn't mind him here if he came cheaply.

His spent plenty of time in QLD cup, then changed clubs, got kicked to PL there and still done nothing....

Would be a waste of the cap even @ $55k.

Yosh

Coach
Yeah he has carrcked it. Wouldnt want him. Kidley is also a very capable kicker now, not in dire need for one so sall good. KEEP him where he is!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hannay was a tremendous player in his day, and it's hard to imagine that talent just 'disappearing'. I understand he's not found a place in Cronulla's plans, but that doesn't mean he's a lost cause. Perhaps an incentives based contract such as what we offered Smith? At worst we lose a marginal amount of money (salary cap wise) and at best we pick up a guy who is grateful for the opportunity and would make a handy goal-kicker.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Signing Hannay would be bad idea, *remembers Russell Richardson*

As far as I remember, the gap between Hannay's rep days and today is substantially less than that between Richardson's 'mickey mouse' rep days and when we hired him.

CJKnight

Juniors
I've always been a Hannay fan. Sign him up now if he is available. There's our goalkicker for sure.

keeney

First Grade
Hannay was always better than Richardson. I don't think we should sign him, but wouldn't be spewing if we did. Was a very good player once upon a time.

Whats Doing

Bench
Hannay doesn'tr provide us with any increased playing power than what we already have. His best days are long gone and does nopt possess the speed necessary to compete at the highest level.

I think he has found his true level in reserve grade.

Latest posts