What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannay's contract

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Tamazoid said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
Hannay for $300,000, tell him he’s dreaming, he’s worth about $200,000 if that. Hodges is the best centre in the game at the moment, not hannay

I was talking off-contract centres.

And I don't care if he's worth $200,000, we have major goalkicking and centre deficiencies and I'd pay whatever to get Hannay down to Cronulla.

No chance, Hannay wouldn't want to play under a w@nker like anderson

legend

Coach
I hope the Cowboys keep Hannay. He is easily the best goalkicker in the NRL at present. A real sharpshooter.

Can Morrison play second row? If he can the Cowboys will have an awesome pack. They pretty much have every spot covered. If they managed to sign a bloke like Civoniceva, they would be a contender IMO.

kaon

Juniors
The Northern Eagles who were essentially Manly had a choice of either Sharp, the Manly coach or Graham Murray who was going to coach Norths that year. Murray didn’t mind because he then took the Roosters to their first Grand Final in 20 years after Gould resigned.

Sharp or Murray?

It would be interesting to see whom they would choose now in hindsight.

legend

Coach
I think Murray is one of th emost underrated coaches in the game along with Matt Elliott.

Murray has an eye for talent and his success with the Cowboys this year is well earned. They need to keep him up there long term for the good of the club and the game.

Really, who could ask for a better place? It's always warm, has a continual holiday atmosphere and your dollar goes much further in Townsville than it does in Sydney.

There are so many places to go when you are not doing footy related stuff.

Alan Shore

First Grade
bucko said:
Grahame Murray coached at the roosters did he not?

Yep, and he took them to the Grand Final in 2000, making one Goose Gould mighty jealous. In 2001 they were beaten in the first week of the finals, so Goose and his buddies got Murray sacked.

bucko

Juniors
I don't mind listening to Gus have a rant on the tele or the radio, but I think he is a big factor in the current attitude of the roosters.

Alan Shore

First Grade
bucko said:
I don't mind listening to Gus have a rant on the tele or the radio, but I think he is a big factor in the current attitude of the roosters.

He is a big factor in NSW sides being thrashed in Origin.

Latest posts