What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 99th Birthday South Sydney

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:

So according to your logic the bulldogs became a different club when they name changed from the berries the panthers are a different club when they changed colours. And the roosters are a different club because they are the roosters and not easts lol, parra are a new club too because they changed their logo and the NRL is not 100 next year cause they name changed. What else will you guys full of negativity and hate come up with lol. Strong case of the green eyed monster has reared its ugly head lol. Its a shame so many people have blinkers on, out of hatred for a club. Instead of applauding the mile stone of 100 seasons you bag it. Every club has the right to exist and no one club is better then any other! The way you guys think I should hate the dogs because I am a roosters fan (love watching them play) I should hate the bunnys for being our neigbours (I cant wait to see them win a GF). Hmmmm what else oh I hate today because its hot LOL. You guys should really watch soccer instead!

rabbs

Juniors
When you look up junior development at the roosters it automatically goes to the souths web site.

McCrud

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
So according to your logic the bulldogs became a different club when they name changed from the berries the panthers are a different club when they changed colours. And the roosters are a different club because they are the roosters and not easts lol

Sounds about right to me. You 'name changers' can argue amongst yourselves as to who is the worst offender.

Rotten Rooster said:
parra are a new club too because they changed their logo and the NRL is not 100 next year cause they name changed.

Every club updates logos - they don't CHANGE the icon that represents them.

The NRL is not 100 years old (sigh).

Rotten Rooster said:
Every club has the right to exist and no one club is better then any other! The way you guys think I should hate the dogs because I am a roosters fan (love watching them play) I should hate the bunnys for being our neigbours (I cant wait to see them win a GF). Hmmmm what else oh I hate today because its hot LOL. You guys should really watch soccer instead!

Why the hell are we here then? I'm here to tell you the Roosters suck, the Broncos are Kings and the rest of the clubs are all worse then the one I support for whatever dubious reason I can think of. If we all thought every club was wonderful nobody would support one team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bring back John Fifita said:
The way I see it, if a man/woman was born in 1908, and spent 2 years in a coma in the 90's, but re-emerged and is still living today, they are still 99 years of age.

Similarly, Souths ARE 99. or in other words it is the 99th anniversary of their formation as a club. Any disputing this is trivial, meaningless jibbering.

Yes they are 99. No ones arguing that, stop confusing the thread, i'm not entirely sure the Souths fans can keep up.

Le Kook said:
Sounds about right to me. You 'name changers' can argue amongst yourselves as to who is the worst offender.

Any reputable source can tell you Roosters have had an unbroken history as clubs and have played in every season in the top grade since they were formed. History of Rugby League Clubs "Sydney Roosters (Eastern Suburbs) 1908 - " Rl1908. com "The Sydney Roosters, formerly known as Eastern Suburbs, are the only remaining club that has been ever-present in the premiership."
I could change my name and still be the same person. "Dubious" indeed

McCrud

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Any reputable source can tell you Roosters have had an unbroken history as clubs and have played in every season in the top grade since they were formed. History of Rugby League Clubs "Sydney Roosters (Eastern Suburbs) 1908 - " Rl1908. com "The Sydney Roosters, formerly known as Eastern Suburbs, are the only remaining club that has been ever-present in the premiership."
I could change my name and still be the same person. "Dubious" indeed

Let me help break apart your 'unbroken' history for you:

Eastern Suburbs - That's one break

Sydney City Roosters - There's another.

Sydney Roosters - And here's another.

Clubs usually don't need terms such as 'formally known as" littered throughout thier bio. Yours does...

adamkungl

Immortal
Le KooK said:
Let me help break apart your 'unbroken' history for you:

Eastern Suburbs - That's one break

Sydney City Roosters - There's another.

Sydney Roosters - And here's another.

Clubs usually don't need terms such as 'formally known as" littered throughout thier bio. Yours does...

Looks like a name change not a break to me, as they played in every season before and afterwards...but of course any reason to keep this idiotic argument going...

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:

Every club updates logos - they don't CHANGE the icon that represents them.

The NRL is not 100 years old (sigh).

Why the hell are we here then? I'm here to tell you the Roosters suck, the Broncos are Kings and the rest of the clubs are all worse then the one I support for whatever dubious reason I can think of. If we all thought every club was wonderful nobody would support one team.

So your telling me you cant appreciate a great game unless it involves the broncos, you cant appreciate a champion player unless he is from your team? I go for the roosters but enjoy most games in a round, I love to watch Benji and SBW, I love to watch Bowen tear up a team. Your mentality, thought process and the arguments you put forward are cheap and juvenile! You have nothing to contribute on this sight except negativity.

McCrud

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
Your mentality, thought process and the arguments you put forward are cheap and juvenile! You have nothing to contribute on this sight except negativity.

Enough said...

McCrud

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Looks like a name change not a break to me, as they played in every season before and afterwards...but of course any reason to keep this idiotic argument going...

This 'idiotic' argument began because Roosters fans thought it appropriate to take pot shots at Souths history. If Roosters fans are happy to let rip - it's only fair others are entitled to examine the credibility of the Roosters '100 years'.(i.e The Roosters club deliberately attempting to remove links to the club's history and hertiage through name changes - also known as 'selling-out' the club)

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:
This 'idiotic' argument began because Roosters fans thought it appropriate to take pot shots at Souths history. If Roosters fans are happy to let rip - it's only fair others are entitled to examine the credibility of the Roosters '100 years'.(i.e The Roosters club deliberately attempting to remove links to the club's history and hertiage through name changes - also known as 'selling-out' the club)

You really are such a kook and I am sure souths fans can speak for them selves, I doubt they require your cheap shots. I think your just jealous of our achievements lol. Its like me saying the broncos are a new club because of their jersey changes and emblem changes.

McCrud

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
You really are such a kook and I am sure souths fans can speak for them selves, I doubt they require your cheap shots. I think your just jealous of our achievements lol. Its like me saying the broncos are a new club because of their jersey changes and emblem changes.

Didn't we already go through this?

I suppose every club is 'brand new' every year then because if I were to guess, I would say EVERY club in the NRL has either:

A) Changed jerseys

B) Updated the club logo, crest or mascot.

Updating a graphic is not comparable to destroying the historical ties a club holds to their birthplace by removing their location in their name and adding in a new one.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:
Didn't we already go through this?

I suppose every club is 'brand new' every year then because if I were to guess, I would say EVERY club in the NRL has either:

A) Changed jerseys

B) Updated the club logo, crest or mascot.

Updating a graphic is not comparable to destroying the historical ties a club holds to their birthplace by removing their location in their name and adding in a new one.

Well kooky my mate I have come to the conclusion that your a closet rooster fan, I think we should go to a game together. You know put on the red white and blue, f**k I will even buy you a hot dog. my heart beams with glee when i come across a fan that is so well read and an a true authority on our history. I know how proud you are deep down with our great history.

Choppies

Coach
FFS when did this become a Roosters thread? I refuse to trawl though the pages to find out.

Facts are Souths are 99 years old. Good on them, happy birthday etc etc.
The Roosters have changed their marketing name but have since the first comp in 1908 and are still registered in the NRL, ARL, NSWRL as the ESDRLFC.
End of argument, good night!
If you don't beleive me contact the NRL and ask what we are registered in the comp as.

McCrud

Juniors
Choppies said:
FFS when did this become a Roosters thread? I refuse to trawl though the pages to find out.

Facts are Souths are 99 years old. Good on them, happy birthday etc etc.
The Roosters have changed their marketing name but have since the first comp in 1908 and are still registered in the NRL, ARL, NSWRL as the ESDRLFC.
End of argument, good night!
If you don't beleive me contact the NRL and ask what we are registered in the comp as.

What an illogical argument you Roosters fans come up with.

'Marketing name', only a spiv could come up with that - and have the fanbase buy it hook line and sinker.

How does the 'registration' name have any relevance to the 'public' name that is on display on your jerseys, advertising etc.? It does not.

If your club was proud of the term 'Eastern Suburbs', they would publicly display that name - but they don't, they have banished it from all public facets of the club. Because the name 'Eastern Suburbs' is hidden away in some registration book doesn't take away from the fact that the Roosters sold-out their history and heritage by changing their public name. They wanted to broaden their appeal, so they changed their name, therefore having the 'official' name registered is worthless, especially to the naive fans.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Le KooK said:
What an illogical argument you Roosters fans come up with.

'Marketing name', only a spiv could come up with that - and have the fanbase buy it hook line and sinker.

How does the 'registration' name have any relevance to the 'public' name that is on display on your jerseys, advertising etc.? It does not.

If your club was proud of the term 'Eastern Suburbs', they would publicly display that name - but they don't, they have banished it from all public facets of the club. Because the name 'Eastern Suburbs' is hidden away in some registration book doesn't take away from the fact that the Roosters sold-out their history and heritage by changing their public name. They wanted to broaden their appeal, so they changed their name, therefore having the 'official' name registered is worthless, especially to the naive fans.

my kooky mate, if anyone sold out it was you guys and every one knows that superman, get my drfit.

Choppies

Coach
Rotten Rooster said:
my kooky mate, if anyone sold out it was you guys and every one knows that superman, get my drfit.

He obviously need some guidance regarding professional sports.
So because a franchise has a name change they forfeit their history and have start all over again according to you?
Does this apply to the Bulldogs? to the Sharks?
To Souths even? In case you didnt know they wern't called the Rabbitohs on day 1. Did they forfeit their history by adding the Rabbitoh monniker?

Nearly all leagues world over are franchise based weather we like it or not. The Roosters are a franchise, Souths are a franchise,the Broncos are a franchise. etc get it?
Example The New Orleans Hornets in the NBA moved from Charlotte in 2002. They did not forfeit their history
by moving to New Orleans, they still kept their playoffs records, retired numbers etc
Why? Because that is the history of the franchise that was given to them by the NBA.
That franchise will always have that history no matter how many name or city changes they have.
Same applies to the Golden State Warriors former Philadelphia Warriors and the Los Angeles Lakers former Minneapolis Lakers etc etc
Same applies to Rugby League clubs.

*Paul*

Juniors
I think he was just having a dig, rather than seriously suggesting a history reset. Still, it must have annoyed some Easts fans.. I'm not one, and it annoyed me. After a decade, it still doesn't cut any ice with me, they'll always be Easts.

McCrud

Juniors
*Paul* said:
I think he was just having a dig, rather than seriously suggesting a history reset. Still, it must have annoyed some Easts fans.. I'm not one, and it annoyed me. After a decade, it still doesn't cut any ice with me, they'll always be Easts.

See? This bloke understands....

innsaneink

Referee
Choppies said:
He obviously need some guidance regarding professional sports.
So because a franchise has a name change they forfeit their history and have start all over again according to you?
Does this apply to the Bulldogs? to the Sharks?
To Souths even? In case you didnt know they wern't called the Rabbitohs on day 1. Did they forfeit their history by adding the Rabbitoh monniker?

Nearly all leagues world over are franchise based weather we like it or not. The Roosters are a franchise, Souths are a franchise,the Broncos are a franchise. etc get it?
Example The New Orleans Hornets in the NBA moved from Charlotte in 2002. They did not forfeit their history
by moving to New Orleans, they still kept their playoffs records, retired numbers etc
Why? Because that is the history of the franchise that was given to them by the NBA.
That franchise will always have that history no matter how many name or city changes they have.
Same applies to the Golden State Warriors former Philadelphia Warriors and the Los Angeles Lakers former Minneapolis Lakers etc etc
Same applies to Rugby League clubs.