What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 99th Birthday South Sydney

Ice777

Bench
effnic said:
When did you crawl out of your hole ice.

A few weeks ago effwit did you miss me? Good to see some things never change though, i can always rely on you to take a massive bite ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
*Paul* said:
Welcome to the SGI has 15 Premierships School of Semantics.
Yep, it incredible that some folk can't work out the math. You'd think 15 was a manageable total to carry on with.

Re the actual topic, Souths still existed as a club during their absence from first grade. Correct me if I'm wrong. And the NRL is not the be-all and end-all of a club's history. Look at Newtown, they're a club proud of their heritage.

In any case, its up to Souths supporters how they want to celebrate their history. Its got nothing to do with those entertaining albeit pedantic types who have trouble adding up, especially those who support other teams.

Happy birthday Souths. :thumn

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Sorry I couldnt seem to find any "Sydney Roosters" in the 1908 competition. There was a Newtown and a South Sydney. hmmm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Happy Birthday Souths.

Danish

Referee
Junior Bunny said:
Sorry I couldnt seem to find any "Sydney Roosters" in the 1908 competition. There was a Newtown and a South Sydney. hmmm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Happy Birthday Souths.

Wasn't a South Sydney Rabbitohs either nimrod.

There was an Eastern Suburbs though.... the legal name of the Sydney Roosters if you care to look it up ;-)

Much like how the bunnies have dropped "Souths" from their merchandise and advertising. Its a marketing thing.

You've still only played 98 seasons of the real game though, no matter which way you slice it :D

McCrud

Juniors
Danish said:
Wasn't a South Sydney Rabbitohs either nimrod.

There was an Eastern Suburbs though.... the legal name of the Sydney Roosters if you care to look it up ;-)

Much like how the bunnies have dropped "Souths" from their merchandise and advertising. Its a marketing thing.

I cannot give any credibility to the howls of Roosters supporters that argue that it is somehow acceptable to change the name of your club (numerous times) for 'marketing purposes'. When Roosters supporters are questioned about these name changes, they simply start yelling "but we're registered as the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club!", as if this token gesture somehow alleviates the shame of multiple name changes.

South Sydney definately get more credit for their history then the Roosters IMO, I don't know how Roosters fans pluck up the courage to have a swipe at Souths to be honest...

mckinks

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Souths 1909 :lol:

Even Brian Waldron & Melbourne couldnt top that rip off. :crazy:

It was Balmain who had a whinge and forfeited, nothing to do with Souths. Blame your striped ancestors, not the opposition.

wittyfan

Referee
If I recall correctly, both teams before the game decided to forfeit. At the last minute however, Souths reneged on the agreement, ran out on to the field, and claimed the premiership.

innsaneink

Referee
mckinks said:
It was Balmain who had a whinge and forfeited, nothing to do with Souths. Blame your striped ancestors, not the opposition.

My ancestors are feathered, not striped...however, as wittyfan points out....youre incorrect here.
A mutual boycott of the game was agreed upon ....yet on gameday Souths renegged and the rest is history...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
wittyfan said:
If I recall correctly, both teams before the game decided to forfeit. At the last minute however, Souths reneged on the agreement, ran out on to the field, and claimed the premiership.

'If I recall correctly'? So you were privy to the discussions were you?

LMAO.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
innsaneink said:
My ancestors are feathered, not striped...however, as wittyfan points out....youre incorrect here.
A mutual boycott of the game was agreed upon ....yet on gameday Souths renegged and the rest is history...

Your version of events is nothing but heresay, as are any I could come up with.

innsaneink

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Your version of events is nothing but heresay, as are any I could come up with.
My version?
:lol:

Its the general consensus bud...

Lets see something contradict it, preferably from a neutral source.