What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Pre-Season Ever

denis preston

First Grade
The problem with these sort of articles is that they're written by journalists who spend 1/16th of their time looking at a particular team. That's how you end up with Molo and Burgess out, Amone in the centres and Suli on the wing. Haven't even seen that lineup in these forums!
Absolutely, the same journalists who supported McWrecker and printed "the guy can coach "!

Rubbish selections there , no Molo or Burgess but includes Kerr who for me has to train the house down and have good trial form to just make the bench.

BBTB

Juniors
Far too many hills in that lot

Did you know Paul or Ricky Milton they were long serving players at your club

Both represented St G in Ball & Flegg
No! Played for Penshurst in 66'.....same year as Ross Strudwick played for Renown. (St.george,Australia, & qld)Our 5/8 O"sulivan, also went on to play for the Dragons 1st grade.By the way,O'sulivan actually did the preseason roadrun ,fair & square,(and won). Funny thing that.😂

Como Connection

First Grade
No! Played for Penshurst in 66'.....same year as Ross Strudwick played for Renown. (St.george,Australia, & qld)Our 5/8 O"sulivan, also went on to play for the Dragons 1st grade.By the way,O'sulivan actually did the preseason roadrun ,fair & square,(and won). Funny thing that.😂
Kevin O'S?
CC

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Contributing to my hardest pre-season ever, I finally plucked up courage to watch the 1975 Grand Final. I was overseas at the time of the original and have studiously avoided it since. Apart from the lopsided scoreline, all I heard about was my favourite player of all time, poor old Chang, his white boots and the misplaced injection. Damn you Foxtel- why do you have to keep resurrecting it as a "Classic Grand Final"-it was an exercise in humiliation and the Roosters have barely stopped doing it to us ever since. Anyway, I still couldn't finish it- some things are just too painful.

Dragon David

First Grade
Contributing to my hardest pre-season ever, I finally plucked up courage to watch the 1975 Grand Final. I was overseas at the time of the original and have studiously avoided it since. Apart from the lopsided scoreline, all I heard about was my favourite player of all time, poor old Chang, his white boots and the misplaced injection. Damn you Foxtel- why do you have to keep resurrecting it as a "Classic Grand Final"-it was an exercise in humiliation and the Roosters have barely stopped doing it to us ever since. Anyway, I still couldn't finish it- some things are just too painful.
I'll never watch it again. Total humiliation. We were supposed to have won it. Changa, god bless him, had a lousy day to say the least.

Gareth67

First Grade
I was there on the hill also with my younger sister , whom had never been to a game.

Finally made it back to the car after kicking every beer can that got in my way and the first words she said to me in the car were “ why do you follow that mob for , there useless ? “

Ah women they just don’t get it - do they ? ? ? 😳

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I was there that day too. Sitting on the seats at the bottom of the hill. Sad day indeed. Left the ground in shock - not knowing about Chang's needle issue till later.
Top of the M.A Noble stand for me. Still suffering from shock…Still, great team that Roosters side. I was so surprised when we actually beat them 8-5 in the Semi.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
In 1975 I coughed up good coin to buy my first colour TV to watch the grand final. I watched it, but have never looked at it again!
I can remember my wife going to the SCG with her Dad in the Members Stand and I got to watch and curse on the colour TV all by myself. We lived in Lane Cove on the river and my yelling and screaming and swearing luckily couldn't be heard.

It was an afternoon to forget, but come 1977 and 1979 - best results for a long time and happy to watch replays anytime.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I can remember my wife going to the SCG with her Dad in the Members Stand and I got to watch and curse on the colour TV all by myself. We lived in Lane Cove on the river and my yelling and screaming and swearing luckily couldn't be heard.

It was an afternoon to forget, but come 1977 and 1979 - best results for a long time and happy to watch replays anytime.
Thank goodness for "Bath's Babes"! (or was that Bath's Babys)? I had visions of 11 straight again after '77.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that this is the last of the greet and meet interviews of the new guys. All looking keen and eager to rip into 2022. Hopefully the blending of the new guys and the ones already here will be smooth and will result in a successful campaign next year.