What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold mathews sg ball trials

parra pete

Referee
Do you mean Lawrence Fishburne...Was he in the Long Nine Yards...If so I think he was the quarterback

Just some venue photos from last night.

main.php

Fans waiting for the 1:20pm game that never came.

main.php

Cars fill the hill

main.php

To the Area on the Corner

main.php

The View from the Stands

sooperdooper

First Grade
another special to play 20's = V.Tautai (however it is spelt)
all i know is people from numerous clubs have him down as DANGEROUS

Delboy

First Grade
Sooper, he is the same kid I was told by a member of the coaching staff to watch out for this year. Was mentioned alongisde Gagan, Terepo and another one I can't remember as real prospects and to watch them progress this year.

Okay So I don't have a lot of notes.

Team sheets were being kept under wraps, purely for the numbers of other clubs talent scouts in attendance, I personally saw Manly, the Roosters, and Cronulla there, considering the 2 Clubs going around it was no wonder.

Harold Matthews

4 - 4 Blue squad were the Possibles. 2 X 20 minute halves lots of handling errors. Draw was an apt result after leading well the team went down 1 - 3 2nd half.

9 - 1 Golds Squad were the Probables, they played well against the Illawarra side who didn't take a break after playing against the Blue side, they looked class at half time, leading 6 - 0. The score was 3 - 1 2nd half When the team played against the white Illawarra side which was actually U/17 development squad from Illawarra.

SG Ball golds (Probables?)

8 - 2 Overall with good games from the 6, 11 and 15 Jacob Azar, who played with the Squad last year, a year underage and is part of the High Performance unit that has been working with the Toyota Cup Squad. The 2nd half was a little down on the first with a 3 - 1 scoreline.

Blues (Possibles?)

5 - 0 In the first half showed there dominance over the side from Illawarra, noticeable games from the 3 , 6 , 7, 19 , 4 (Vai), 16

In the 1st half, an Illawarra player gave an almost perfect reason to be sent for 10. Parramtta had made a break and constance flick passing and around the player passes caused the break to end 2 meters from the try line, The Illawarra player lined up in an offside position and dived on the ball as it was played. He was sent for 10 immediately, I don't think I have ever seen a player send for 10 in a Trial, but the Illawarra side had time to get their line set and the players could catch a breath as he took his time walking off. unfortunately the team gave up try on Tackle 3 and the try was conceded.

I didn't stay for the 2nd half of that game as I had some appointments to get to that night.

Next week the club is at Mcreadie Oval as New Era stadium is being use for the World 9's Tournament.

parrachilean31

Juniors
I was at the game very impreessed with all sides that played that day. Talking about vai he is a very good player he will definately be In the team . The coaches for both sides are going to have tough time selecting due to the quality which was on display. This week is the cut week so be verry interesting but what did see is the Harold mathews side is verry big these boys are 15 - 16 unbeliable !!!!

parra pete

Referee
We had three kids from here play in the Riverina Academy side against the Storm on Saturday in Albury.
It was 38 - 40 degrees, Storm S G Ball side, runner up in 2009, won the game 58-0, and apparently looked very big fit and well drilled.
The team (Storm) is made up mainly of Polynesian boys, and has six of last years squad still playing.
I have a mate who is on the Storm coaching staff (SG Ball squad) and he told me, the squad of 40 have been training since AUGUST last year, and with just 25 spots open, the boys are dead-set keen to get selected.(No different to any other Club, I suppose).
Storm won Toyota Cup in 2009 so the future is looking good for them...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sooper, he is the same kid I was told by a member of the coaching staff to watch out for this year. Was mentioned alongisde Gagan, Terepo and another one I can't remember as real prospects and to watch them progress this year.

Jason Wehebe and Loko were the 2 others Dell...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't know the extent of the injury at this stage. Jacob Loko has another 4 weeks before he is back, I think he is a special to play 20s after SG Ball, he is a unit.

I can't wait to see that Ball side at full strength...they sound like a scary unit.