What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold mathews sg ball trials

Certaintly is a future prospect, carried himself well. At 16 I know the coach played Hayne at lock all season to ensure he got the footy and promised him he would play fullback in grand final, he did and scored 4 tries lol. Like all good players young jacob is developing the ability have plenty of time. I will tell you that young Josh Neale certaintly has benefitted from playing a year up in the Cabra 17s in 2009. He is developing into one good forward plus handy goal kicker.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Certaintly is a future prospect, carried himself well. At 16 I know the coach played Hayne at lock all season to ensure he got the footy and promised him he would play fullback in grand final, he did and scored 4 tries lol. Like all good players young jacob is developing the ability have plenty of time. I will tell you that young Josh Neale certaintly has benefitted from playing a year up in the Cabra 17s in 2009. He is developing into one good forward plus handy goal kicker.

thanks mate..

on a more disturbing note, we were told on saturday at Cabra that there were several recruitment scouts from various clubs lurking around the area while the match was being played, I guess it's expected at Parramatta but it really does make you wonder why these aresholes can't do their own dirty work instead of looking at stealing talent from other clubs.

parra pete

Referee
thanks mate..

on a more disturbing note, we were told on saturday at Cabra that there were several recruitment scouts from various clubs lurking around the area while the match was being played, I guess it's expected at Parramatta but it really does make you wonder why these aresholes can't do their own dirty work instead of looking at stealing talent from other clubs.

That's why they are called recruitment scouts, keeping an eye on promising talent. Easier to buy off the shelf rather than grow your own.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's why they are called recruitment scouts, keeping an eye on promising talent. Easier to buy off the shelf rather than grow your own.

couldn't we re-direct them to Hay? I'm sure you can give them a good old country style welcoming...;-)

parra pete

Referee
couldn't we re-direct them to Hay? I'm sure you can give them a good old country style welcoming...;-)

Every Club has them...and don't think the Parra scouts are looking at other Clubs.
We get them out here too..mainly from the Raiders or the Storm.
Part of life, part of evolution. We 'll give ANYONE a warm welcome..Even Willie....;-) remember where you heard it first....

thanks mate..

100% correct stagger, I am sure there was one from the roosters, don't know they would need to recruit with all their juniors:crazy: lol. I think also maybe one from bulldogs.

stumpyone

Juniors
thanks mate..

Parra is not white as snow, Zac Clay and Jye Mamo are Penrith juniors, both named in Matts n under 15's squads late last year. No club is going to knock back a quality youngster if they have a chance to sign him. Everybody does it. The worst rumour is the Rorters are trying to set up a permanent dvelopment squad training in the Penrith District.

Delboy

First Grade
Stumpy, from what I was told both Penrith players approached Parra and asked to trial for a spot.

Not a big deal at this age, but I am fairly confident that was the case

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra is not white as snow, Zac Clay and Jye Mamo are Penrith juniors, both named in Matts n under 15's squads late last year. No club is going to knock back a quality youngster if they have a chance to sign him. Everybody does it. The worst rumour is the Rorters are trying to set up a permanent dvelopment squad training in the Penrith District.

and compared to other clubs, we've hardly touched the surface of any other NRL club, NRL talent scouts shoud be looking at kids outside other NRL clubs if their under 18 years of age.

stumpyone

Juniors
Well, I understand that the "gentlemans agreement " between the two clubs that was in place in prior seasons, as both clubs had such large nursery's, has been been broken by Parra. I understood that both players were spoken too before mid last year about the switch. I am waiting to see how Penrith responds. It is known that Parra has an influential talent scout within Patrician Bros Blacktown, with the intention to encourage Penrith juniors to go to Parra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well, I understand that the "gentlemans agreement " between the two clubs that was in place in prior seasons, as both clubs had such large nursery's, has been been broken by Parra. I understood that both players were spoken too before mid last year about the switch. I am waiting to see how Penrith responds. It is known that Parra has an influential talent scout within Patrician Bros Blacktown, with the intention to encourage Penrith juniors to go to Parra.

well didn't Penrith sign Kyle Fraser? or did he go to the Roosters?

Hindy Rulz

Juniors

Mark Morrison is a teacher at the school but I've never heard of a Parra talent scout being employed by the school. Not sure who you are talking about?

I think it's more a case of the Panthers not looking after alot of their players. When the newspapers report that players like Greg Waddell and Harry Siejka are on big$$$ naturally players get jealous and want their cut. Obviously player managers play a part to.

Is there a document that defines the boundaries for each association?

Yes, it is held by the NSWRL from what I understand,

I was sent and e-mail from Kevin Wise about our district as written in that document

Kevin Wise's e-mail said:
Commencing at Camellia station, thence via railway line to Parramatta Road,to Church St, thence via Church St to Woodville Rd to the Hume Highway, thence along the west side of the Hume Highway to Landsdown Bridge. AlongCabramatta Ck to its junction with Elizabeth Drive, along Elizabeth Drive toNorth Liverpool Rd, then along North Liverpool Rd to the junction withCowpasture Rd, Cowpasture to Chandos Rd, Chandos Rd to Trafalgar Tunnel,along Reservoir Boundary to Reservoir Private Road, Reservoir Private Roadto Church Lane, Church Lane to Blacktown Road, Blacktown Road to Main St,along Main St to Sunnyholt Road to Old Windsor Road, Old Windsor Road toHawksbury River. The whole of the Baulkham Hills Shire linking up with therailway line at Pennant Hills Station thence via the railway line toCarlingford Road at Epping, along Carlingford Road and Pennant Hills Roadto the Carlingford railway line, thence via the railway line to the point ofcommencement at Camellia Station.
When Stumpy talks about Gentleman's agreements, the above also comes into play with most of the Hawksbury District being run as Penrith Junior Reps and not Parramatta.

born an eel

Bench
Blacktown Road to Main St,along Main St to Sunnyholt Road to Old Windsor Road, Old Windsor Road toHawksbury River
this means Stanhope Gardens is in the Penrith district?
Stanhope gardens is a sponsor and the players make appearances here a couple of times a season.

BOMAR

Juniors
I dont know about a parra talent scout being at partrician bros but there will always be movement between parra and penrith as they are next door to one another. But there is a teacher at the school involved with roosters which could be a cause for concern, as roosters are already well known for bleeding other districts players.

well didn't Penrith sign Kyle Fraser? or did he go to the Roosters?

Kyle Fraser, captained SG BALL side in 2008? I think was not required or wanted by parra. Asked for a trial at penrith and has been going really well. Good young bloke who has got himself another opportunity. So we can't blame the panthers for this one lol

Latest posts