What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold mathews sg ball trials

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
can only take 3 from parra eels as rules in place to try and stop this sort of stuff, I hope they enforce it.

That is normally the rule however each case is looked at seperately and if there is a good reason then Parramatta will allow for more than 3 players to move. In this case there was a family involved with that side (1 parent was a trainer, the other was manager) who were causing a heap of problems and the kids had enough of the abuse and decided to leave.

The rule is designed to stop big clubs poaching the smaller clubs best sides and it is a good rule but in this case the behaviour of the family in question was totally unacceptable and even if Parramatta didn't allow the boys to all move clubs together, they still would have left Junior Eels to escape the couple in question.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
quoted post removed

My understanding is the boys had had enough of a certain family involved with the side because of their behaviour and they simply wanted to stick together and play in the same side as mates from school. Jye Mamo is new to the district and needed to choose a club so it makes sense that he would want to play with his school mates.

As for what the coach is "offering", I'd say the boys would just be happy with the "offer" to play in a team where the manager and trainer aren't abusive towards a bunch of kids. Sounds like a good offer to me.;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is normally the rule however each case is looked at seperately and if there is a good reason then Parramatta will allow for more than 3 players to move. In this case there was a family involved with that side (1 parent was a trainer, the other was manager) who were causing a heap of problems and the kids had enough of the abuse and decided to leave.

The rule is designed to stop big clubs poaching the smaller clubs best sides and it is a good rule but in this case the behaviour of the family in question was totally unacceptable and even if Parramatta didn't allow the boys to all move clubs together, they still would have left Junior Eels to escape the couple in question.[/QUOT

Yeah I knew that was the case that parra looks at each case. If that's the case then no wonder that parents move their kids away from negative environment, problem is we have some of the greatest people involved in a great sport but we have some absolute drongos. The more we weed out the better off we all are.

Parramatta U17s development are playing this sunday in Wollongong. They will play 2 games against country area academy sides. They also play penrith development on the 3rd march.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Went to guilford only to find that the game was cancelled. Did anyone hear that that it was going to be cancelled ??? If so they should have post it on here .

batesy67

Juniors
In reply to Hindy rulz about the certain family at jnr eels he had better have proof. im that manager in question and if it wasnt for my husabnd and myself some of those kids wouldnt even make it to training or games. i personally picked one boy up from emerton and took him to the game and another boy for 8 years was taken to and from training nearly every week. that boy we even helped stop his family from being deported back to tonga we helped pay some of the boys rego cost as the couldnt pay. we even took one boy to rep trials and when he made summer coaching in 2009 i was the one who took him and signed his contract with parramatta as his parents couldnt take him. in 2008 we helped raise $30,000 to take that team to qld to play football and have a weeks holiday not one child in that team had to pay a cent. not once have my husband and i ever abused a child in that team over the last 10 years we have been with this team if anyone wants to question this contact secretary of Parra junior eels. the coach in question now at seven hills who took the 9 players some of these parents at the beginning of last season wanted him gone one father wanted to punch him out and we stuck up for him and this is the thanks we get. he was only giving some boys 5min each half and this was no acceptable by anyone. i dont know what he has told these parents or promised because they suddenly had a quick turn around and now all these boys go to Patrician Brothers blacktown where is a coach. now these rumours of abuse have started he better have good solicitor.as we will fight these rumours all the way
Linda and Craig Bates

Last edited:

sooty

Juniors
What a sad situation for the bates family right or wrong have to feel for them when after all, we are talking kids sport.

Changing the subject however and back to the thread. Does anyone know the makeup of the matts and ball team. It was supposed to be finalised at the end of Jan according to some. Has the wet weather affected this?

Further I have read with interest on another forum that the team to beat is maybe Penrith in the Ball anybody have an opinion on this? or some inside mail. I wouldnt mind betting our boys give them a run for their money.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the rumour or inuendo regarding this particular junior team, the players and the coaching staff will cease right away..this thread is about junior rep sides and not not 1 particular junior team in the PDRL..

the thread will be locked away orn quarantied if you continue this discussion.

the rep teams have been finalised and the club secretaries have been informed should be posted any day now. the 17s development went ahead today.

murraymob

Coach
In reply to Hindy rulz about the certain family at jnr eels he had better have proof. im that manager in question and if it wasnt for my husabnd and myself some of those kids wouldnt even make it to training or games. i personally picked one boy up from emerton and took him to the game and another boy for 8 years was taken to and from training nearly every week. that boy we even helped stop his family from being deported back to tonga we helped pay some of the boys rego cost as the couldnt pay. we even took one boy to rep trials and when he made summer coaching in 2009 i was the one who took him and signed his contract with parramatta as his parents couldnt take him. in 2008 we helped raise $30,000 to take that team to qld to play football and have a weeks holiday not one child in that team had to pay a cent. not once have my husband and i ever abused a child in that team over the last 10 years we have been with this team if anyone wants to question this contact secretary of Parra junior eels. the coach in question now at seven hills who took the 9 players some of these parents at the beginning of last season wanted him gone one father wanted to punch him out and we stuck up for him and this is the thanks we get. he was only giving some boys 5min each half and this was no acceptable by anyone. i dont know what he has told these parents or promised because they suddenly had a quick turn around and now all these boys go to Patrician Brothers blacktown where is a coach. now these rumours of abuse have started he better have good solicitor.as we will fight these rumours all the way
Linda and Craig Bates

not sure of your case .But i hear where your coming from having been involved with a small club within the penrith district for many years.Our club could compete with all clubs up to age 12 then we would lose all the talented kids to the bigger richer clubs.There where many excuses far and wide.If i was you i would take it up with parra and enforce any rule regarding amount of players allowed to transfer from one club to one other club

Stagger eel

Staff member
aussiegirl, unless they've been released on the official website than no one would know..bloody good question though!

parrachilean31

Juniors
Are you there playing at hammondville oval ?? On the draw on parra website is says the crest stadium ?? Anyone going I be there I hope we spank those bulldog teams!!!!

Latest posts