What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ashton

Juniors
This is not an official team

But this is what my SG ball team qould be.

1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nani
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Tony Satini
6. Aaron Farkas
7. Harry Siejka* ( if not in 20's)
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Dean Zammit
11. Vaipuna Tia-kalifi
12. Sam Hollis
13. Corey Carl
14. Robert Mate*
15. Tai Tuivasa
16. Ryan Wilson
17. Junior Masaga

What you guys think???
Please dont Criticise its just my opinion

Sweet-as who would be in your Harold Matthews side for 2010?

sweet-as

Juniors
sorry mate but I dont really know too much about next years harold matts age. Obviously it'll have players like Jakiel, Cartwright, Wiki, and the 3 boys that were in Harold matts this year.
A player who i believe has plenty of potential as well is tevita F's younger brother named leonati or something.
I think natural ability will make this harold matts team one of our most successful in some time.
Also I cannot wait to see John Tuliatu in action. I've watched this kid play some outstanding school footy, and watched him play very impressively in last years harold matts loss to the Western suburbs.

My predictions for this years rep season:

SG ball--2nd to parra

Harold Matts--Should take the comp quite comfortably i believe.

half_back

Juniors
Talented and deserves his recognition. Penrith have advised Reece Regan {australian u15 merit lock} and Jason Antonelli {penrith harold matts player of the year} to look elsewhere, penrith officials believe they are too small? Work that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but not true. Regan is in the Edge program with Satini, Wilson as the only year young players. He also played in the development cup up in Charlestown with all of the year older boys who will make up ball squad. He will be selected in the Penrith ball team as utility. He was the only matts player this year to also play Ball (vs Gold Coast as hooker) and will most probably be taken for his utility value as Lock/hooker.

half_back

Juniors
Sweet-as who would be in your Harold Matthews side for 2010?

This could be the start of a Possible Harold Matts Team

1. Alan Nuilsea
2. Jayden Tavae
3. John Tuliatu
4. Josh Walker
6. Tyrone Glassie
8. Jakiel Fuimoano
9. Zac Clay
11. Wiki Tuavao
12. Jaye Fuimoano
13. Bryce Cartwright
14. Jacob Maklouf
15. Aiden Glanville

sweet-as

Juniors
This could be the start of a Possible Harold Matts Team

1. Alan Nuilsea
2. Jayden Tavae
3. John Tuliatu
4. Josh Walker
6. Tyrone Glassie
8. Jakiel Fuimoano
9. Zac Clay
11. Wiki Tuavao
12. Jaye Fuimoano
13. Bryce Cartwright
14. Jacob Maklouf
15. Aiden Glanville

I see you have named acouple of younger boys in Aiden Glanville and Zac Clay.

I would rather have them playing academy.
I think Zac Clay might be ready for Matts but I dont think Aiden is.

Pumhill

Juniors
i think that aiden would also be ready to play harold matts,
though he would need to have an off season training with the team seeing how hard they hit etc
zac clay has played in development squad for penrith up and age as well as jaye fuimaono, who plays for st marys 15 1s up an age :crazy:

footyboy7

Juniors
Mmmm my SG Ball team would be a little bit different.
1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Michael Compton
6. Robbie Mate or William Beale*
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Jonathon Taefu
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

14. Aaron Farkas
15. Kaisa Matavoa
16. Junior Masaga
17. Dean Zammit
Then Ryan Wilson, Tony Sotini and Reece Regan. Who are all training with the Edge Squad.

As for Harold Matthews.
1. Alan Nuilesa
2. Ryan Casey
3. Josh Walker
4. John Tuliatu
5. Joseph (St Marys)
6. Apparently half or 5/8 from Bathurst or somewhere has been talked about.
7. Jake Maklouf
8. Jakiel Fuimaono
9. Zach Clay
10. Leonati Feiloakitau
11. Bryce Cartwright (13)
13. Wiki Tauvao (11)

Jaye Fuimaono
Mika Tauga
Peau Aleni
Jarrod Brackenhofffer

And sorry sweet-as but in only my opinion a few of the players mentioned for the WSAS Sg Ball, based on this years alone performance dont deserve that spot.

:):)

ashton

Juniors
Mmmm my SG Ball team would be a little bit different.
1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Michael Compton
6. Robbie Mate or William Beale*
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Jonathon Taefu
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

14. Aaron Farkas
15. Kaisa Matavoa
16. Junior Masaga
17. Dean Zammit
Then Ryan Wilson, Tony Sotini and Reece Regan. Who are all training with the Edge Squad.

As for Harold Matthews.
1. Alan Nuilesa
2. Ryan Casey
3. Josh Walker
4. John Tuliatu
5. Joseph (St Marys)
6. Apparently half or 5/8 from Bathurst or somewhere has been talked about.
7. Jake Maklouf
8. Jakiel Fuimaono
9. Zach Clay
10. Leonati Feiloakitau
11. Bryce Cartwright (13)
13. Wiki Tauvao (11)

Jaye Fuimaono
Mika Tauga
Peau Aleni
Jarrod Brackenhofffer

And sorry sweet-as but in only my opinion a few of the players mentioned for the WSAS Sg Ball, based on this years alone performance dont deserve that spot.

Is the player's from Bathurst name Joe Bugg?

murraymob

Coach
Sorry but not true. Regan is in the Edge program with Satini, Wilson as the only year young players. He also played in the development cup up in Charlestown with all of the year older boys who will make up ball squad. He will be selected in the Penrith ball team as utility. He was the only matts player this year to also play Ball (vs Gold Coast as hooker) and will most probably be taken for his utility value as Lock/hooker.

Edge thanks for your info.Can you tell me what the edge programe is

footyboy7

Juniors
Edge thanks for your info.Can you tell me what the edge programe is

The Edge squad is basically the Sg Ball squad for the coming year. It is the best under 17s and few 16s in the Penrith District of there opinion.
The do weights, con games, fitness all like a normal rep team and played in the Hunter Challenge last month. The squad is there to basically get these footballers ready for the upcoming representative season.

footyboy7

Juniors
Who out of my 10 players dont you agree with?

Well based on current form i beleive that Jason Doran (now injured), and Joel Waddell havent been playing at there best.
Tekina Vailea is injured. Tai who is still a dominant force is just not taking the comp seriously anymore. As for Reece he has got a better chance of making Penrith SG Ball.

I think that Jason Antonelli, Steve Miscevic, Ben Heterick, Clay Robinson, Brendan Heather, Tevita Vave and Aaron Taavale have a great chance based solely on this years performance. And also a few offsiders or newbies, may be chosen.

Last edited:

sweet-as

Juniors
Well based on current form i beleive that Jason Doran (now injured), and Joel Waddell havent been playing at there best.
Tekina Vailea is injured. Tai who is still a dominant force is just not taking the comp seriously anymore. As for Reece he has got a better chance of making Penrith SG Ball.

I think that Jason Antonelli, Steve Miscevic, Ben Heterick, Clay Robinson, Brendan Heather, Tevita Vave and Aaron Taavale have a great chance based solely on this years performance. And also a few offsiders or newbies, may be chosen.

Hmmm, Thats true Doran has broken ribs. However I have watched most of St marys games this year and Doran and Waddell have been their most consistantly good players by far.
Tekina is also injured but that does not mean he cannot play reps?
Tai doesnt give a sh*t about club football.
But I still agree with my 10 players i noted down, they are all naturally talented players, most of them a little raw and undersized. Would love to see these players get buffed up a bit with some weights and see what they can do.

footyboy7

Juniors
Hmmm, Thats true Doran has broken ribs. However I have watched most of St marys games this year and Doran and Waddell have been their most consistantly good players by far.
Tekina is also injured but that does not mean he cannot play reps?
Tai doesnt give a sh*t about club football.
But I still agree with my 10 players i noted down, they are all naturally talented players, most of them a little raw and undersized. Would love to see these players get buffed up a bit with some weights and see what they can do.

To be honest i do think Tekina would be right to play reps but if he wants to play in the forwards he needs to put on some weight, true?
Yeah see Tai is a great player with a terrible attitude, all because he cant be F***ed to play club, that wont get him anywhere. Tbh he doesnt have the right to be like that. No on does.
Look As much as i rate Jas and Wadds after playing with and against them for a number of years, i don think this season is there best that is all im saying, they have more to offer.
Tell me sweet-as, that you honestly never seen them in better form? Cause it would be a lie if you hadnt.

I also think Penrith have made the right choice in choosing Reece, Wilso and Tony for the Edge Squad because they rightfullly earned it.

sweet-as

Juniors
Look As much as i rate Jas and Wadds after playing with and against them for a number of years, i don think this season is there best that is all im saying, they have more to offer.
Tell me sweet-as, that you honestly never seen them in better form? Cause it would be a lie if you hadnt.

Yeah your right there mate, I think they both got a rude shock this year in Harold Matts.
In previous years Doran has played like an extra back rower, with a number 10 on his back. I think he got a rude shock when he realised the style in which a modern-time front rower has to play.
As for joel I think he is a superstar defender but was just not phycally prepared to take on the Harold matts offence.
However, by watching st marys this year it appears they have both started to adjust to this.
Doran is starting to cart the ball up well like front rowers should, rather than attacking on the edges.
And joel is starting to improve his attack rather than focusing completely on his defence.

My tip for this year...

Glenmore Park and st marys GF once again and Glenmore's discipline and structure will get the better of St marys.

What you guys reckon??

micro

Juniors
Halfback, reegans contract was not renewed and his manager was told Penrith did not want to sign him as he was not the build they wanted for the future. They might pick him for ball, if he does not sign with someone else. If they wanted him they would sign him, ??????

micro

Juniors

Footyboy, i would agree with your selections, you have to be diciplined to be a chance for selection.

micro

Juniors
Mate ill have to disagree. You obviously havnt been to many u/16s games this year as Satini has been by far the best player in the comp. Heterick however has been ordinary. Only thing I would of signed him for is his goal kicking.
mate, i am talking about a few matts games and two school games i have seen, he was very strong in defence, very strong and his goal kicking was outstanding, scored a few tries too.

footyboy7

Juniors
My tip for this year...

Glenmore Park and st marys GF once again and Glenmore's discipline and structure will get the better of St marys.

What you guys reckon??

Mmm, im sorry sweet-as, this year im gonna go with Glenmore Vs Brothers Grand Final.
My reasons being Glenmore Park best team in the comp, best coached, best disciplined and so on. And Brothers are a very skillful, fast and are quite disciplined at the best of times.

Both teams have very good players. And games between them this season have been close. With Brothers being the closest to beating there full side this year.
So yeah thats what i think.

St Marys are not very disciplined this year. They do not really listen to the coach rather opting to do there own thing. A very talented side which needs to start listening and respecting others then they will go places. But if this doesnt happen im sorry i cant see much goin on with them.

I think the rep squads for all ages, will be different from the same same Penrith squads of old, with some new players striving for selection.
Any also have this feeling?

Latest posts