What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ashton

Juniors
841161_1_O.jpg

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
Any news on our juniors?
Who's been playing good for club?
Who should be in 2011 rep teams??
Did anyone see the 18s state squad to play queensland good to see Tom Eisunhuth from penrith ball make the side but can someone tell me how the hell William Hopoate,Will Smith,Tyrone Roberts,Alai Taufaao,Adrian Haangana who have all been playing 20s this year dont make it over two canberra players who ran nowhere in the ball and havent played any 20s and to add to that the sgball player of the year junior paulo dosent get a look in and finally penriths hooker blake south outstanding all year cut teams to pieces didnt get a look in please talk about politics..

sweet-as

Juniors
Did anyone see the 18s state squad to play queensland good to see Tom Eisunhuth from penrith ball make the side but can someone tell me how the hell William Hopoate,Will Smith,Tyrone Roberts,Alai Taufaao,Adrian Haangana who have all been playing 20s this year dont make it over two canberra players who ran nowhere in the ball and havent played any 20s and to add to that the sgball player of the year junior paulo dosent get a look in and finally penriths hooker blake south outstanding all year cut teams to pieces didnt get a look in please talk about politics..

What a joke it is that Junior Paulo cant make the team, also would have had Tyrone Viiga in there

footyboy7

Juniors
What a joke it is that Junior Paulo cant make the team, also would have had Tyrone Viiga in there

Also probably not as relevant. But NSWCHS 15s Zach Clay.
Oh and in the 18s players like Gerard McCallum, Jacob Miller and Jacob Loko, Junior Paulo, Jack Lee Hang and DJ Lokeni Purcell have apparently all missed out on selection??? ourfootyteam.
Afew of them making NSW Origin, playing 20s and played for there state and country at school level before, i just dont get it.

sweet-as

Juniors
Also probably not as relevant. But NSWCHS 15s Zach Clay.
Oh and in the 18s players like Gerard McCallum, Jacob Miller and Jacob Loko, Junior Paulo, Jack Lee Hang and DJ Lokeni Purcell have apparently all missed out on selection??? ourfootyteam.
Afew of them making NSW Origin, playing 20s and played for there state and country at school level before, i just dont get it.

miller made the team, but got no idea why paulo was left out

stumpyone

Juniors
14's development has a training session with Matty Elliot the evening of 21st June, before they play trials in July. Those interested may want to have look see. There is some talented boys in the squad.

MountainMan

Juniors
Lets talk 2011 for a second
Anyone been out to watch club footy,see whos standing out for sg ball selections?
Also C Grade for 20s?
Give mee some feed back guys,whos ur 2011 bolters

micro

Juniors
Lets talk 2011 for a second
Anyone been out to watch club footy,see whos standing out for sg ball selections?
Also C Grade for 20s?
Give mee some feed back guys,whos ur 2011 bolters
my spies tell me Tony Satini has been playing well for Glenmore Park since returning from sg ball and injury, the mighty saints have a number playing very well including joe-lee (who should be in the front row). Windsor have shown a bit, with dillan, jennings and hollis. Brothers say hetriks is killing them after sg ball academy and he won one of the major ball awards up a year, also regan back from a broken hand is playing strong.St clair dont have much, wilson is playing ok in c-grade.

MountainMan

Juniors
Yeah young Jennings is going great guns in the 17s,Windsor got a pretty good 17s team from what iv seen,Jennings,Ariu,Shubert,Hollis.they all should be in the frame for Penrith Ball.
Same goes with the C Grade side,Iv watched them 3 times this year..Ronny Palumbo and Sam Hollis must be either in the 20s squad or very very close to it atm,let alone next season.
I like the look of Tekina Vaiella from St Clairs 17s,Im guessing he will be there,but he didn't play much Matts,so maybe there not fans?
Tori Willi in the C Grade side,Reminds me a little of Preston Campbell ,quick,good footwork,but maybe to small for 20s?
Penitani from Brother goes alrite on his day
Who else is there?

Flock

Juniors
Boys, how are the St Clair 17 1s going this year, heard there on a bit of a rouch patch?
Who are there stand out players, if any?

sweet-as

Juniors
i think St Clair are coming 6th at the moment in the 17s, from what i have seen and heard they are well off the pace of St marys, Glenmore Pk and Windsor.
Have seen Jennings play a bit this year and he looks just like his brother ability wise, should be a walk in into the 2011 SG Ball Sqaud.

Who are the in-form forwards in the 17s at the moment because that is where we have struggled in this age?

Flock

Juniors
not the pace or acceleration but definatly the ability to break tackles and he still has some pace he isnt slow

ashton

Juniors
Attention Moderators

Could you please remove the 2009 out of the title of this thread.

Thanks Ashton

THANKYOU

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
Yeah young Jennings is going great guns in the 17s,Windsor got a pretty good 17s team from what iv seen,Jennings,Ariu,Shubert,Hollis.they all should be in the frame for Penrith Ball.
Same goes with the C Grade side,Iv watched them 3 times this year..Ronny Palumbo and Sam Hollis must be either in the 20s squad or very very close to it atm,let alone next season.
I like the look of Tekina Vaiella from St Clairs 17s,Im guessing he will be there,but he didn't play much Matts,so maybe there not fans?
Tori Willi in the C Grade side,Reminds me a little of Preston Campbell ,quick,good footwork,but maybe to small for 20s?
Penitani from Brother goes alrite on his day
Who else is there?
tekina didnt play a lot of matts because of injury had a foot injury and was out for five weeks in a nine week comp and i think we have a ronnie palumbo fan you keep rapping him so im gunna go and watch this kid go round if hes as good as you say he will push his way in ...

stretcher

Juniors
my spies tell me Tony Satini has been playing well for Glenmore Park since returning from sg ball and injury, the mighty saints have a number playing very well including joe-lee (who should be in the front row). Windsor have shown a bit, with dillan, jennings and hollis. Brothers say hetriks is killing them after sg ball academy and he won one of the major ball awards up a year, also regan back from a broken hand is playing strong.St clair dont have much, wilson is playing ok in c-grade.
Winning an award in the academy ball up an age dosent qualify automatic selection next year especially when you have a lot of other players are playing just as good but i will grant he had a good season but so did ryan wilson,tony satini,reece regan,george jennings,dilan ariu,ben bridekirk and clay robinson and none of these guys are automatic so lets not to far ahead and give these guys bigger heads than they already have,they have to work hard every chance they get and not let there guards down through forum talk because this forum dosent pick the squads selectors do there the ones they have to impress..

micro

Juniors
Winning an award in the academy ball up an age dosent qualify automatic selection next year especially when you have a lot of other players are playing just as good but i will grant he had a good season but so did ryan wilson,tony satini,reece regan,george jennings,dilan ariu,ben bridekirk and clay robinson and none of these guys are automatic so lets not to far ahead and give these guys bigger heads than they already have,they have to work hard every chance they get and not let there guards down through forum talk because this forum dosent pick the squads selectors do there the ones they have to impress..
Hey stretcher, spot on. Where did i say anything about automatic selection for the kid or anyone else???????? I mentioned who i heard was going good!!!! Satini,regan, hetriks and others, just like you wrote????? lets not get ahead of ourselves and maybe read what is in the post not jump to the wrong conclusions!!!!!

Latest posts