What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

half_back

Juniors
Harold Matts was a very close game despite the scoreline.
Personally, i would have to say, Tai played well scoring 1 or 2 but Jakiel in my opinion had it all over Tai. I would have to say Penriths forwards played much better than there backs (once again despite the scoreline).

In the Horrid game some call Representative footy otherwise known as the SG ball. The WSAS made up of entirely 17 yr olds carved Penrith up.
Matthew Moylan played better then the rest of his team. Harry started on the bench for god knows why, he injected a little bit of upbeatness on the Penrith boys but basically the game fell away after that.

Smart coach hey, we all start a gun halfback on the bench, i know he must have his reasons but i still cant get my head around it to be honest
:?

:):)

I dont disagree with leaving Harry on the bench after he threw a tantrum last week and walked out of the ground before the end of the game because he was taken off the field. No one is bigger than the team regardless of the size of thier contract. Although it does sound lie their are many issues in the team.

ranga

Juniors
It is so sad that you small group of wankers cant see obvious talent ,he is a year younger than these boys but more than holds his own and if you cant see this you need to get a life and move on because YOU SON will never have the courage or talent that Jakiel displays ,and better still you can get out from behind your key board and tell him your opinion face to face Iam sure he will appreciate your worldly knowledge also I would look forward to meeting you at some stage to get your thoughts

ranga

Juniors
some people must have been watching a different h-matts game to me, academy never ever looked like winning, if it went longer penrith would have won by more. Tai was scared of jakiel??????? Jakiel had nothing, he forgot he was out there to play football, may be because he was not good enough to compete. All talked it up last week? what happened 26-4, that is a fair old flogging in anyones terms.

I also noticed your user name is micro is this in reference to your brain or man hood

micro

Juniors
Ranga, being from the mighty green and white yourself, you would know Tai is not scared of anyone, let alone his little cousin. Dont get me wrong Jakiel should be starting in the front row at penrith this year with Tai, they are the two best front rowers, then you would have the master and the younger apprentice.:sarcasm:

overandout

Juniors
I dont disagree with leaving Harry on the bench after he threw a tantrum last week and walked out of the ground before the end of the game because he was taken off the field. No one is bigger than the team regardless of the size of thier contract. Although it does sound lie their are many issues in the team.

Whats going on with Harry?

half_back

Juniors
Whats going on with Harry?

Harry doesnt seem to be playing up to the expectations of him this season. The game before last he was benched during the second half because of indifferent form and he walked straight off the field up the tunnel and left before the game concluded. That is more than enough reason to bench him in my books regardless of who he is or how important he might be to the team

footyboy7

Juniors
Ranga, being from the mighty green and white yourself, you would know Tai is not scared of anyone, let alone his little cousin. Dont get me wrong Jakiel should be starting in the front row at penrith this year with Tai, they are the two best front rowers, then you would have the master and the younger apprentice.:sarcasm:

Ok micro, for starters Tai and Jakiel are not related, please dont argue with me on this one.
True that Tai is definately not scared of anyone, and i have never not once seen him back down from a challenge which Jakiel definately is.
True Tai and Jakiel should be Penrith starting front rowers, but obviously the great almight Penrith selectors wanted to pick the best team of 16 yr olds and not the best possible team..

The Teach

Juniors
Harry doesnt seem to be playing up to the expectations of him this season. The game before last he was benched during the second half because of indifferent form and he walked straight off the field up the tunnel and left before the game concluded. That is more than enough reason to bench him in my books regardless of who he is or how important he might be to the team

He also didn't show up for a regularly scheduled training session on Monday night so he was probably lucky to be given any game time whatsoever.

overandout

Juniors
Thanks fellas,I just know of Harry from his days playing out west and was just wondering what was happening.Thanks.

micro

Juniors
We are on the same page footyboy7, it was tongue in cheek calling him a cousin, they are all cousins. Does the trial of not using under age players even if they are capable finish before they pick next seasons squads? one can only hope.

footyboy7

Juniors
We are on the same page footyboy7, it was tongue in cheek calling him a cousin, they are all cousins. Does the trial of not using under age players even if they are capable finish before they pick next seasons squads? one can only hope.

Of course lol:p my bad...
Yes they're all related in some way or at least they think they are.. :)
I hope so because next years harold matts squad is looking very strong. Lets just hope they pick the best team possible not the best team of 16yr olds. I.e. Jaye Fuimaono(Kiels Bro) and Zach Clay playing up an age(my opinion of course)
And maybe a few matts boys atm being selected for SG Ball next year i.e. 3 or maximum 4 players from what ive seen so far this year.
:)

isaiah

Bench
are you any chance of beating the undefeated bulldogs in h matts. a loss puts you in either 7th or 8th for the finals

Flasha

Juniors
For the people saying that Jakiel should be in the Penrith Matts team. He had the chance to be a panther this year and declined it. Jakiel was initially picked in the academy primarily to get his fitness up and be used as a replacement player if needed. There was no intent to have him start every game. From what I have seen Jakiel trained the house down and the Academy of course wanted to use him as their starting prop. At this stage before the season started Jakiel was asked to move across from the academy squad into Penrith's matts squad because they thought they had a lack of depth in props. He didn't turn up to training and later told the staff he wanted to stay with the academy because he thought he would get more game time then Penrith.

I rate him highly and I think Tai and him will more then likely be playing in the ball side together. Jakiel played well against Penrith on Saturday and put a decent shoulder charge on Tai, but it looked as though Jakiel wanted to prove his toughness rather then win the game. I thought the little blonde number 14 for the academy was a standout. He defended his heart out should some good potential.

On the ball side. I have no idea why these guys are not winning games with the talent they have. There is clearly issues with Harry and the coach and there just seems to be a massive lack of direction and hunger to win games. Extremely disappointing to see.

ashton

Juniors
Of course lol:p my bad...
Yes they're all related in some way or at least they think they are.. :)
I hope so because next years harold matts squad is looking very strong. Lets just hope they pick the best team possible not the best team of 16yr olds. I.e. Jaye Fuimaono(Kiels Bro) and Zach Clay playing up an age(my opinion of course)
And maybe a few matts boys atm being selected for SG Ball next year i.e. 3 or maximum 4 players from what ive seen so far this year.
:)

I read where Zach Clay scored 192 points last year for St Clairs. But what position does he play?

isaiah

Bench
your ball side could finish as high as 4th, but i doubt it, or as low as 12th if they get flogged by the doggies.

funny if they finish 10th, 11th or 12th and get the dogs again the next week. bit like the titans last season, beat the dogs in the round game and lost to them in the first week of finals.

titans shouldn't have much trouble with the academy sides in 16's or 18's.

half_back

Juniors
For the people saying that Jakiel should be in the Penrith Matts team. He had the chance to be a panther this year and declined it. Jakiel was initially picked in the academy primarily to get his fitness up and be used as a replacement player if needed. There was no intent to have him start every game. From what I have seen Jakiel trained the house down and the Academy of course wanted to use him as their starting prop. At this stage before the season started Jakiel was asked to move across from the academy squad into Penrith's matts squad because they thought they had a lack of depth in props. He didn't turn up to training and later told the staff he wanted to stay with the academy because he thought he would get more game time then Penrith.

I rate him highly and I think Tai and him will more then likely be playing in the ball side together. Jakiel played well against Penrith on Saturday and put a decent shoulder charge on Tai, but it looked as though Jakiel wanted to prove his toughness rather then win the game. I thought the little blonde number 14 for the academy was a standout. He defended his heart out should some good potential.

On the ball side. I have no idea why these guys are not winning games with the talent they have. There is clearly issues with Harry and the coach and there just seems to be a massive lack of direction and hunger to win games. Extremely disappointing to see.

That isnt correct. Jim Jones refused George Zhara's request to bring him across into the Penrith Harold Matts team. Jakiel wanted to come across.

micro

Juniors
Footyboy7, you seem to know your league ;-) . I would say from what i have seen and heard from others, the only matts boys who would look like playing up next year would be, Ryan Wilson and B.Hetrik the two centres( i am told Hetrik was made captain a couple of weeks ago by the powers at Penrith), Atonelli and Tai. Maybe Reece the 9 if he plays a team game. Your thoughts? :sarcasm: On whether matts can beat Bulldogs, anything is possible, whether it is probable?:roll:

half_back

Juniors
your ball side could finish as high as 4th, but i doubt it, or as low as 12th if they get flogged by the doggies.

funny if they finish 10th, 11th or 12th and get the dogs again the next week. bit like the titans last season, beat the dogs in the round game and lost to them in the first week of finals.

titans shouldn't have much trouble with the academy sides in 16's or 18's.

You are right that they shouldnt have too much trouble especially with the talent in both teams. Unfortunately everytime the Matts travel they are a considerably worse team so it could end up being a close game. Added to that Academy are in 12th and on the cusp of missing out on the quarters I think there could be an upset brewing. Cant see that happening in the Ball though.