What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harrison to Gold Coast

thommo4pm

Coach
roboshark said:
which team did ian schubert play for??????

Excellent point and one I think we all have asked ourselves many of times.
Surely there is some conflict of interest in that.

Maybe the salary cap auditor should be an independent person who has never had any ties or connections with any NRL team or any ARL / NSWRL teams/clubs.

_Johnsy

Referee
started at easts in 75, played with them till 80. Then to wests for 81, then back to easts in 82. Then to Manly in 83, then back to the maggies from 86-88.

thommo4pm

Coach
_Johnsy said:
started at easts in 75, played with them till 80. Then to wests for 81, then back to easts in 82. Then to Manly in 83, then back to the maggies from 86-88.

Nice work Johnsy....so judging by that we can all see where Schubert's loyalty's would lie.

OVP

Coach
_Johnsy said:
The sydney city (formerly known as roosters) are considering dropping red from their club colours and changing their mascot, woof woof. :lol: :lol:

This club is just getting lower, and lower. This cannot get any better.

I smell FEAR :lol:

Come and have a round of golf son
We'll play for 300k (nudge nudge)

But what if you win kcin

I won't (nudge nudge)

Coming down the 18th they're level and kcin misses a put from 4 inches for bogey

f**k i lost ... here you go mr analstar, fiddler, run for miles, etc etc etc ... would you like it in 100s or 50s

super_coach

First Grade
My thoughts the Gold coast are getting the better end of the deal. Okay Ash hasnt had his best days at Bondi but his not on his pat malone their.

I see him as a player who will take a lot of pressure Prince. As for Big willie on the big slippery dip of life, best years are in the scrap book and not like a good bottle of red aint going to get any better with age

scuzzi

Juniors
A positive from this could be that the roosters would now be highly unlikely to afford Matt Bowen without offloading more players... although i doubt Bowen would leave anyway.

Good on Ashley Harrision for the way he's handled this situation too. No sulking or crying, just getting on with things and looking to the future. Take note Reynoldson

The Business

Juniors
Smartman said:
The dogs-Rorters rivalry is hotting up again.

Too bad the chooks have signed the wrong players from Canterbury. Lets see who have they taken.

Nate Myles - Promising at the dogs but dead set ordinary at the chooks as well as being on 330k :lol:

Mark Omeley - The dogs had when he was at his peak, the past year has seen him lose his edge.

Willie Mason - see above

Braith Anasta- Overhyped as a youngster and the roosters couldnt wait to swoop, at best a solid player.

Whos next on the chooks hitlist, Corey Hughes?:cool:
O'Meley is hardly past it at 26.

Willie Mason is arguably the best forward in the world.

Anasta was excellent for the Roosters in 2007. He will only get better.

Myles has the ability to make an impact at the Roosters. I'm tipping a big year for him.

Don't let your hatred of the Roosters cloud your judgement.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
_Johnsy said:

and worked for the Bulldogs in Admin during Superleague.

good signing, in the end his heart wasnt in it at the roosters, i think heading back to a team in queensland, with a similar lower end team, like souths was during his stay, i think he will get his form back towards origin pretences.

t-ba

Post Whore
mightybears said:
nah, khan well past his prime and ivan just can't play out the 80 minutes :D

I don't care what anyone says, the real talent in the Milat family was Ivan's brother. He could cut through defences like a hot knife through a backpackers butter.

Charlie124

First Grade
Good signing for the coast.

Matt Bowen was never leaving.

Mason is FAR from the best forward in the world.

That is all.

Concierge

Juniors
eelavation said:
Schubert played for Wests, Manly and Easts than worked in Canterbury's administration

he never played for Parra.

He was also my teacher during the early 90's at randwick boys and rugby coach, we use to pack scrums during class. Once we got sa bit excited and went through the wall lol. I think he was at wests back then boy did he come bashed to School on a mondays.

As for Mase and Shrek your kidding past it at 26 & 27 lol