What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harrison to Gold Coast

The Survivor

Juniors
How many childish morons are there on this site. If Easts get Mason then good luck to them. Fancy supporters of Saints, Parra and even Souths having a go at Easts. They all have opened the cheque books in a big way at different times. Hypocrites the lot of them.

thommo4pm

Coach
The Survivor said:
How many childish morons are there on this site. If Easts get Mason then good luck to them. Fancy supporters of Saints, Parra and even Souths having a go at Easts. They all have opened the cheque books in a big way at different times. Hypocrites the lot of them.

who have Saints opened the cheque book at moron?
Apart from our own juniors?

And look at the quality of the players we have lost over the last 4 years compared to your club.

Barrett, Bailey, Timmins, Kite, Riddell, Best, Bickerstaff, Gorrell, Ennis, Head, Naiqama, Houston, Wicks, Greenshields, Henderson, Millard, Blacklock, plus more.

How many test and Origin players in that lot?
Who was the last big name player Saints bought?

Don't ever compare Saints to the cheating c**ks.

Simo

First Grade
I dont get how this will fit under the cap, the Harrison thing I mean. Either the coast had enough room to sign him outright or the Chooks will still have to count him under there cap.

Unless Mason gets one of those deals where this year he plays for peanuts whilst they pay for Harrison and next year he gets a motza when they dont have to pay Harrison?

innsaneink

Referee
Very good move for harrison, three year gig as opposed to his last at the roosters, plus the titans seem light in the back row with really only Laffrank and minichello there going by there profilepage

_Johnsy said:
I have been sent a picture of the redevolepment of the Easts leagues club entry, kind of ironic don't you think.

revolvingdoor.jpg

Lol,looks like they are the same doors from the early 90's.

Bench
thommo4pm said:
who have Saints opened the cheque book at moron?
Apart from our own juniors?

And look at the quality of the players we have lost over the last 4 years compared to your club.

Barrett, Bailey, Timmins, Kite, Riddell, Best, Bickerstaff, Gorrell, Ennis, Head, Naiqama, Houston, Wicks, Greenshields, Henderson, Millard, Blacklock, plus more.

How many test and Origin players in that lot?
Who was the last big name player Saints bought?

Don't ever compare Saints to the cheating c**ks.
Well said Thommo,my club is the same,can't afford any players just keep on letting current players go.
Let alone signing internationals in November when every club is supposedly on the limit.:?

NGR

Juniors
The Survivor said:
they may well have opened there checkbooks... but which of these clubs has the salary cap auditor on there side... :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This smash and grab that clubs like the Roosters and possibly Cronulla are willing to do is pathetic. Your clubs are already strongly disliked... with Mason on board that will be made WORSE. ;-)

Tom Ace

Bench
Timmah said:
This smash and grab that clubs like the Roosters and possibly Cronulla are willing to do is pathetic. Your clubs are already strongly disliked... with Mason on board that will be made WORSE. ;-)

What sort of imbecile actually cares if opposition supporters dislike their team?

If we have a successful season with the squad we have next year I will care for all of 1 second that some twit, who follows an opposition team, is sulking about how my team goes about their business.

macavity

Referee
I just dont understand how it all works

some clubs just can't seem to keep the players they want to keep, sign the players they want to have, and get rid of the players they want to get rid of.

and some clubs everything just seems to fall into place for them, seemingly without effort.

its a bit too simple to put it down to management.

look at this for example - Ash Harrison just happens to find a new club as soon as Mason comes on to the market...... not pushed, just seemingly steps aside for the good of the team... :sarcasm:

in conrast, us Knights cant get rid of Reynoldson at all - even when we quite rightly decline to take up an option, he hangs around like a bad smell!

Tom Ace

Bench
Sounds like Mason won't even make it over now anyway after the huge offer from Wigan.

And I for one couldn't care less.

As for Harrison, he was just clogging things up anyway and taking a position of a more talented young backrower so it's probably best that he left.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Max Power said:
Sounds like Mason won't even make it over now anyway after the huge offer from Wigan.

And I for one couldn't care less.

As for Harrison, he was just clogging things up anyway and taking a position of a more talented young backrower so it's probably best that he left.

Spot on.. I couldn't care less about Harrison going as he was only impeding the development of more talented players like Setamaita Sa and Mitch Aubusson. I would rather either of those at Lock ahead of Harrison..

OVP

Coach
Max Power said:
What sort of imbecile actually cares if opposition supporters dislike their team?

If we have a successful season with the squad we have next year I will care for all of 1 second that some twit, who follows an opposition team, is sulking about how my team goes about there business.

Beautifully put.

badav

Bench
macavity said:
I just dont understand how it all works

some clubs just can't seem to keep the players they want to keep, sign the players they want to have, and get rid of the players they want to get rid of.

and some clubs everything just seems to fall into place for them, seemingly without effort.

its a bit too simple to put it down to management.

look at this for example - Ash Harrison just happens to find a new club as soon as Mason comes on to the market...... not pushed, just seemingly steps aside for the good of the team... :sarcasm:

in conrast, us Knights cant get rid of Reynoldson at all - even when we quite rightly decline to take up an option, he hangs around like a bad smell!

Firstly i don't think Ashley Harrison stepped aside for the good of the team. More like for the good of himself (to sew up his future). Which he is well within his rights to do especially given how poorly the roosters have gone about things (the sharks have been equally bad in this situation)

Second it comes down to how marketable the player is, and then luck like whether another club is chasing a player of that position, and if they have the money free under the cap to sign them.

Titanic

First Grade
Harrison in - Mathers out ... but gee, the cap must be a tight fit now. As far as Harrison joining us in concerned - I will wait to see what sort of form he can rustle up - never my favourite but I am sure I can be convinced. Walker injured but now we can see if his namesake can step-up. And finally I'd like to re-ignite the "P. Campbell for the bench" debate.