What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Cam Smith lost his mantle?

Who’s the best ref in the game?

• Cam Smith

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Sam Burgess

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Vee

First Grade
It's called 'advocacy'.

Some of the referees are getting paid more than some of the players they are disadvantaging - so good on Smith and Burgess for holding the referees accountable and ensuring they properly perform their duties.
I can't tell whether you're serious or not.

Mug Costanza

Juniors
No one wins more play the balls than Sam and no one gets as much attention as Sam from opposition. Watch how much he gets humped, strangled and wrestled.

If he wins the PTB which he does often he deserves to play it quickly.

ram raid

Bench
The best ref in the game is evidently Buzz Rothfield. Since his crusade against the penalty crackdown, players can lay on top of a player for 40 seconds.. It's great for the game. Buzz actually does have that much weight . No wonder AFL laughs at us.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Best one I remember of Sam, can't remember if it was last year or 2017 where he got a bit if extra attention in the tackle and just stayed down on one knee and stared at the ref and just blatantly refused to get up until he blew his whistle and got it

Vic Mackey

Referee
Best one I remember of Sam, can't remember if it was last year or 2017 where he got a bit if extra attention in the tackle and just stayed down on one knee and stared at the ref and just blatantly refused to get up until he blew his whistle and got it

That was last year against the Tigers

BranVan3000

Coach
Sam is levels above Cam, never seen a player receive so many penalties when they have dropped the ball cold. The only ones who come close are Tom and George.
To be fair they get a ton of calls against them when the ball has been blatantly stolen because their reputation on ball security is so poor

I think teams do target the ball on the Burgii because there is a good chance the call goes their way

T-Boon

Coach
Five citations, and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that will land you in a world of hurt, in the form of a disciplinary review, written up by me, and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.

Haha, where is that from?

moffla

Bench
Every captain does it. Smiths just the best at it. Kinda helps when you’re articulate, rather than slurring “REF!!” Every tackle.

Lambretta

First Grade
It's up there with 'not happy Jan'.

As it stands, I think the refs are doing a fantastic job. Of course, my opinion will change once we lose. But then again, we're due a loss.

Origin time
You'll feel like a Broncos fan
Clint Eastwood as your manager and half your team missing

You get to use that excuse before "but the weffs wronged us"

The two most perplexing issues in RL today:

How did that ball slip through Burgii fingers and receive no penalty....

And just how do Wests Tigers contine to sign hacks over talented juniors they just let slip through their fingers.

English Rose

Juniors
To be fair I know we all make a joke out of it but isn’t it a sign of a good captain questioning refs decisions and getting the best results for their respected teams?

I’d rather have a Smith or Burgess captaining my team than a player who doesn’t say boo to a goose when his team are getting dud calls!

8Ball

First Grade
Not even the best Cameron Smith in rugby league

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest posts