What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

• Yes. It has gone way too far.

Votes: 172 74.1%
  • No. He deserves everything he gets.

Votes: 60 25.9%

• Total voters
Saying someones behaviour was reprehensible isnt an attack.

Err yeah, it is.

As is saying "I dont need to have been in the room at the time to know that he's disgraced himself or acted in a terrible manner."

Or maybe it wasn't you?

If you think that's an attack you need to get out more.

Funny, I was just thinking that I hope you're housebound.

Regarding my original post that you quoted and talked about morals.

I think you'll find I was having a shot at people who were judging Matt Johns by their moral standards. You included.

I would like to point out that I MEANT Johns "should" name names is he wants to spread the blame in the short term and take the focus off himself. However - he won't as it will do more long term harm than good now.

I tend to think, and you tell me if this an outrageous way of thinking, that Matt decided long ago not to lag on his mates.

It's his life that is on the skids. Why don't we all stop pretending to be experts and let him sort it out?

I actually AGREE with him not naming names.

So?

I wonder if a Historian with knowledge of the Roman Empire would agree that he had to live in Roman times to have an opinion on them.

Opinions are formed through experience. That's true. But you don't have to have experienced something first hand to have an opinion on it.

I am of the opinion that getting caught up in a Tsunami isnt all that pleasant. I've also read witness statements that back up that fact. Yet, I've never experienced one.

Is my "opinion" wrong?

I see, so how many witness statement did you read in regard to this case, the ones that led you to the opinion that Matt Johns disgraced himself and acted in a terrible manner?

No opinion is wrong. Many opinions are ill-informed nonsense though.