What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

• Yes. It has gone way too far.

Votes: 172 74.1%
  • No. He deserves everything he gets.

Votes: 60 25.9%

• Total voters
do u guys really think that the other guys just happened to walk in while Matthew was having sex with the girl?? like it was a coincidence? very naive if you think thats the case.

Exactly. And I think this is a big part of the revulsion about what is claimed to have happened - the underlying suspicion that he was a ringleader who lured her into a preplanned gangbang.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You pledging your undying love again Loltimmothay? Awwwwwwww!

Nopes, just laughing at your absolute inability to say something not laced with male hatred. Automatic assumption of guilt with Johns, rubbishing his interview as acting.... you need therapy.

Now if only there was a nude version of that, she might be able to pick the guys out of that lineup.

Gee, Chris Anderson sure looked happy to be there. :roll:

Big Mick

Referee
It was all Jason Stevens...he has been acting innocent all this time...lol...sorry just thought i'd lighten a pretty dark mood.

Kiki

First Grade
Exactly. And I think this is a big part of the revulsion about what is claimed to have happened - the underlying suspicion that he was a ringleader who lured her into a preplanned gangbang.

look none of us will ever know what went on in that room, so i'm not going to pass judgement.

having said that, it does disturb me that he was a senior member of that team. not a 19 yr old just along for the ride.

Last edited:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think it's a bit ridiculous that he's being punished now, when the issue was already more or less out in the open.

I do believe that he did the wrong thing and should have known better. The personal repercussions of his actions at the time, however, were probably not severe enough.

Feels like double jeopardy a bit, but in the end he's reaping what he himself has sown.

He's practically no one to me nowadays, though. I don't watch football for the commentators and I'm not a fan or watcher of the Footy Show. I don't really care and have no reason to feel particularly sorry for him.

Dave Q

Coach
The footy without Matty is looking pretty sad already.

Perhaps they can axe the footy show and replace it with re-runs of Mr Ed or F-troop?

Mr Ed would know more about rugby league than the Fatster or Vozz.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Love your work Engine, I hope the footy show producers are reading this and make that call!

Lambretta

First Grade
Good post.
The teammates and others involved really are the scum of the Earth.
What's more disturbing is Matt appears willing to take the fall.

Errr. Take the fall?

Matty Johns has not done anything illegal as far as we can work out. He / they "may" have done - but that's not what's in question.

The issues at hand are "Did Matty Johns behave in a manner that was reprehensible towards this girl"? The answer is YES.

Has Matty Johns and all the players involved dragged the game through the dirt? Yes again.

Now he has admitted that he's been an idiot. He's disgraced himself, he's hurt his family and he's hurt the girl involved, albeit inadvertantly. He has therefore lost his job at Channel 9 and the Melbourne Storm.

If none of the other players involved are still playing football, what's going to happen to them? Errr, nothing.

However - there possibly could be wider repercussions for Matty Johns by naming these players. When you get caught doing something stupid or illegal, naming your mates or dobbing people in is seen as wrong. If Matty DOES name names and still wants a career in League in the future - then naming could do him more harm among league players.

I'm not saying it's morally right - because it's not. He SHOULD name players - but I'm sure he's aware more than anyone of the damage he could do himself by naming names. He's in a horrible position and I dont envy him at all.