What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there ever been a more important 3 minutes?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Back to the press conference thing again are we?
Would you like him to talk in happy cliches
"Taking it one game at a time"
"I think the Storm are a very good team"
"I didnt think the ref had a great game"

Sorry that Wayne Bennett is not Gus "I dont need this shyte youse give me" Gould (2004 game three origin press conference)

Wayne, as salivor has stated, is a coach...he promotes the game through his coaching of his team and the style of play they produce on the field.
Coaches are not meant to be Don Kings and say "Only in Australia"

No.

That is all he virtually said for each question.

No one expects him to wax lyrical like Banjo Patterson, but sorry to say that it was not a good look.

salivor

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
Oh yeah, do you mean when he ran out the back door of the airport when he came home, rather than face the press? Wayne, Wayne, Wayne........

I wasn't talking about as a coach, he was a big backer of the tournament and the concept. But bitter idiots like you seem to forget that. And while he may have lost the tournament as coach, nobody can deny that New Zealand getting up in that tournament was one of the best things to happen to International league for decades.

As for the press conference on Monday night football that you seem to want to focus on. Wayne actually apologised for this: http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?TopMenuID=266&MenuID=281&NewsID=3217

But that's right, keep building up Wayne as the bad guy.

salivor

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
The more League on the back page, the less there is for any other sport. Gedditt?

But isn't your issue with Wayne Bennett and Monday night footy and how he doesn't promote the game? So did the Hayne incident not dominate the press for nearly 2 weeks? Did his first press conference where he refused to talk again not dominate the press? In 2 short press conferences Wayne put League on the back page and therefore there was less from other sports, gedditt?

m0j0

Bench
SpaceMonkey said:
It's ironic that he showed a decent bit of toe to score the winning try in the game that this thread is all about!

Not the we need Toddy these days, Crockett has way more pace.

I'd love to see a replay of it again. I thought he had a bit of a "head start." Besides, I just wanna see the replay to see that look on Rusty's face again...:lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
m0j0 said:
I'd love to see a replay of it again. I thought he had a bit of a "head start." Besides, I just wanna see the replay to see that look on Rusty's face again...:lol:

Nah, he was a mile onside.

t-ba

Post Whore
Ziggy the God said:
I was wondering how long it would take you and come and put the slipper in, after all, according to your pharken logic no Souths fan can ever talk up their side.

That's never what I said and you know it. I get sh*tty when Souths fans hang their hat on ancient history with an almost wilful disregard of the present.

Shorty said:
No it's not,anybody would be drove insane by somebody saying we should have those points.
It's pretty sooky considering Raiders,by far are not the only team that have been ripped off by the refs this year...and by far not the worst.

Look at Warriors fans,but unlike you they have other things to talk about and GET OVER THINGS.

Great,you say that like your opinion would indicate any relevance to me,which it doesn't.

You are driven insane easily. That says a lot about you.

I've watched every Warriors game this year, and every Raiders game. And we have definitely been ripped off more than any other team this season. I don't remember the Warriors being ripped off much at all, so I don't know where you're going with that. Don't comment on things you know nothing about toots. Just because you were gifted 2 points, (and don't deserve to be in the 8) doesn't mean you need to try and pipe up and throw your 1.5 cents in.

Run along lil miss obvious, and go play with your barbies.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
BuffaloRules said:
"Its all about Souths"...

Is it just me, or do Souths fans think that the whole NRL competition suddenly revolves around them now??

Now? It has always revolved around Souths.

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
Says the person whinging about should be being in the 8 despite losing games themselves not because of the refs,take some responsibility.
Bobby DIGital said:
I've watched every Warriors game this year, and every Raiders game. And we have definitely been ripped off more than any other team this season.
Of course you think that:roll:
Bobby DIGital said:
Don't comment on things you know nothing about toots. Just because you were gifted 2 points, (and don't deserve to be in the 8) doesn't mean you need to try and pipe up and throw your 1.5 cents in.

Don't be condescending,this has nothing to do with my team so don't bring it up.
Whether or not we deserve to be in the 8 is beside the point,the Raiders aren't in the 8 and they aren't because they're not good enough.
Not because it was the ref's fault,because they didn't get there.
The only possible way you'd have any merit is if the ref decided that every opposition of yours won right then and there.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
yobbo84 said:
LOL. Seriously. I post a thread about how a small part of one game has had such an enormous impact on the ladder positions of these 2 clubs, and all of a sudden everyone arks up, puffs their chest out and gets angry. It's little ant syndrome at it's best.

All I can say is that some people have serious issues with Souths and their relative success this year. Fair dinkum. What would happen if we ever won a comp? Would there be mass suicides? What is it about South Sydney that has everyone so uptight? Does a club who's had little or no success for nigh on 30 years really get under your skin that much? A club who your team has completely dominated on the football field in recent times yet you still get so worked up about? Are you jealous of the media coverage my team receives whilst your club, in it's third iteration, struggles to receive any attention, even in their homeland? Do the fans on this website, who are enjoying for once a somewhat successful year, really get to you so much? Why? What is it deep in you that gets you (and everyone else) so worked up? Is it jealousy? Fear? Can't be, your team is better... right? Seek help people.

You forget mate that all Souths fans MUST kiss the arse of every other rugby league supporter on the planet for marching for us when we were out of the league. Despite the fact that 99.9% of league fans didn't give a f@ck whether we made it back or not, and most were quite vitriolic towards to club when we were gone, our right to question other supporters was lost when they single-handedly got us back into the comp. Don't ever forget mate it wasn't Nick Pappas et al that gave us our team back, it was Joe Blow the Parra supporter next door that actually did all the hard work.

And chav as we are always told, don't live in the past. What do we have to be proud of as Souths supporters? 20 premierships? Countless internationals? The fact that we are one of the clubs that helped to spawn the game in this country? No way mate, that is ancient history. We have been garbage for 15 years, and this season we are only mediocre so why talk the team up? Why be content with the improvement of the team? Get a hold of yourself!

And be careful what you say about Souths as well in general. If you dare speak of Souths at any time that actually means that you believe that the entire universe revolves around the club. I mean fancy a Souths fan talking about Souths! Beggars belief!

Just stick to kissing everyone's arse and talking the club down. You won't offend anyone that way.

Shorty said:
Says the person whinging about should be being in the 8 despite losing games themselves not because of the refs,take some responsibility.
Of course you think that:roll:
Don't be condescending,this has nothing to do with my team so don't bring it up.
Whether or not we deserve to be in the 8 is beside the point,the Raiders aren't in the 8 and they aren't because they're not good enough.
Not because it was the ref's fault,because they didn't get there.
The only possible way you'd have any merit is if the ref decided that every opposition of yours won right then and there.

Well you can spout all the stock standard, generic, bullsh*t rebuttal you want. In rounds 14-16 we were shafted by the video ref, and he tried it again last week. If your team wasn't involved in one of those shaftings, then you wouldn't of opened your mouth. So just fall back.

Look who's talking re: we aren't good enough to be in the 8. I hope you enjoy the game this weekend.

Iafeta

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:

I've watched every Warriors game this year, and every Raiders game. And we have definitely been ripped off more than any other team this season. I don't remember the Warriors being ripped off much at all, so I don't know where you're going with that. Don't comment on things you know nothing about toots. Just because you were gifted 2 points, (and don't deserve to be in the 8) doesn't mean you need to try and pipe up and throw your 1.5 cents in.

Player please...

The McKinnon no try at Townsville
The no tries against this mob (the Wabbitohs)
The McKinnon send off against the Tigers

Look, I'm not asking you to twist your niblets, but the Warriors have got some howlers this year. Most of the time we were good enough to overcome the shiz.

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
Well you can spout all the stock standard, generic, bullsh*t rebuttal you want. In rounds 14-16 we were shafted by the video ref, and he tried it again last week.
LOL!
Still not acknowledging the fact that you lost the game not the ref,wow you really are deluded.
Bobby DIGital said:
If your team wasn't involved in one of those shaftings, then you wouldn't of opened your mouth. So just fall back.
Oh you know that for a fact do you?
Wow you just know everything don't you,know that the Raiders would have won those matches had the ref not called,know that you'd have every single one of those points and now you know what I'm thinking.
Tell me more oh so wise one:lol:

Bobby DIGital said:
Look who's talking re: we aren't good enough to be in the 8. I hope you enjoy the game this weekend.
Once again trying to pin it back onto my team when they have nothing to do with the argument.
Go back to your video games little boy:roll:

Rovelli

Bench
m0j0 said:
Thank god he's your problem now. Wouldn't it be funny if the Warriors made the GF and Todd Byrne got run down by a big, hulking front rower to lose the game?

Good luck stopping Crockett or Vatuvei with a full head of steam.

Iafeta

Referee
yobbo84 said:
LOL. Seriously. I post a thread about how a small part of one game has had such an enormous impact on the ladder positions of these 2 clubs, and all of a sudden everyone arks up, puffs their chest out and gets angry. It's little ant syndrome at it's best.

All I can say is that some people have serious issues with Souths and their relative success this year. Fair dinkum. What would happen if we ever won a comp? Would there be mass suicides? What is it about South Sydney that has everyone so uptight? Does a club who's had little or no success for nigh on 30 years really get under your skin that much? A club who your team has completely dominated on the football field in recent times yet you still get so worked up about? Are you jealous of the media coverage my team receives whilst your club, in it's third iteration, struggles to receive any attention, even in their homeland? Do the fans on this website, who are enjoying for once a somewhat successful year, really get to you so much? Why? What is it deep in you that gets you (and everyone else) so worked up? Is it jealousy? Fear? Can't be, your team is better... right? Seek help people.

What do you expect? Someone gets on here, bangs off about how this has been the most important 3 minutes in the history of rugby league and then hopes people have forgotten the video refereeing scam of that day? We can't all be blind like Mr Holmes A Court, shall I remind you? "Firstly, I'd like to tell you what I thought of the refereeing but I think we can use the $10,000 better elsewhere" - that after practically being handed the game on a platter by a shocking video refereeing performance and still not being good enough to come home. Forget three minutes, have a look at the entire eighty. When the spirit was in the game, and no team felt robbed by a horrid performance up stairs, one team was in it. The other team was making up the numbers.

Yay, Rabbitohs are back in the comp and after what 7 years are doing something, they're running middle of the table. What do you expect us to do? Get on our bended knees and prove how happy we are? We're not envious, we just don't need every tom dick and harry from a middle of the table club, whose club has perenially being also rans talk about the most important 3 minutes in rugby league history in their eyes when really 20-30 years of mismanagement at that club needs more close attention than those three minutes. Long way to go, you haven't achieved Everest yet so let's keep it in our pants because proclaiming that three minutes of Souths footy is more important than the Mark Coyne try, more important than Matt Bowen intercepting in Origin, more important than Slater's Origin try, more important than Shaun Timmins' Origin field goal, more important than Dane Carlaw's Origin try, more important to rugby league than the result in the 2005 Tri Nations final.. player please, let's get some perspective of what is important here.

Shorty said:
LOL!
Still not acknowledging the fact that you lost the game not the ref,wow you really are deluded.
Oh you know that for a fact do you?
Wow you just know everything don't you,know that the Raiders would have won those matches had the ref not called,know that you'd have every single one of those points and now you know what I'm thinking.
Tell me more oh so wise one:lol:

Once again trying to pin it back onto my team when they have nothing to do with the argument.
Go back to your video games little boy:roll:

Go back to my video games? ohhhhhh what a diss! that was cold blooded. :cool:

We got screwed 3 weeks in a row. Simple as that, and I don't give a squirt of wombat piss what you think. "ohh ohh the referees are always right and never ever cost a team a win. blah blah blah" You're naivety astounds me.

I didn't say anything at all about it until I saw this thread, because I thought it was extremely rich for a Souths fan to come out with that bullsh*t. Unfortunately it looks like we'll be giving Souths a chance to get into the 8 this weekend.

And I wasn't pinning sh*t back on your team. Just wishing you happy viewing for this weekend, that's all. ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
Go back to my video games? ohhhhhh what a diss! that was cold blooded. :cool:

We got screwed 3 weeks in a row. Simple as that, and I don't give a squirt of wombat piss what you think. "ohh ohh the referees are always right and never ever cost a team a win. blah blah blah" You're naivety astounds me.
Please point out to me where I have said this?
Bobby DIGital said:
I didn't say anything at all about it until I saw this thread, because I thought it was extremely rich for a Souths fan to come out with that bullsh*t. Unfortunately it looks like we'll be giving Souths a chance to get into the 8 this weekend.
I think a lot of people share that opinion,however there are a few teams that have been dudded by refs and I'd say the Warriors have had the worst.
Bobby DIGital said:
And I wasn't pinning sh*t back on your team. Just wishing you happy viewing for this weekend, that's all. ;-)
Will you be complaining about ref calls again if we win?

yobbo84

Coach
Iafeta said:
What do you expect? Someone gets on here, bangs off about how this has been the most important 3 minutes in the history of rugby league and then hopes people have forgotten the video refereeing scam of that day? We can't all be blind like Mr Holmes A Court, shall I remind you? "Firstly, I'd like to tell you what I thought of the refereeing but I think we can use the $10,000 better elsewhere" - that after practically being handed the game on a platter by a shocking video refereeing performance and still not being good enough to come home. Forget three minutes, have a look at the entire eighty. When the spirit was in the game, and no team felt robbed by a horrid performance up stairs, one team was in it. The other team was making up the numbers.

The whole "we was robbed" thing is absurd. Two fair tries were denied based upon the interpretation of the rules at that time. Sure, now they'd be fair tries, but at the time they were not. Quite simple really and in fact one of those tries was a key catalyst in getting the interpretation changed.

Iafeta said:
Yay, Rabbitohs are back in the comp and after what 7 years are doing something, they're running middle of the table. What do you expect us to do? Get on our bended knees and prove how happy we are? We're not envious, we just don't need every tom dick and harry from a middle of the table club, whose club has perenially being also rans talk about the most important 3 minutes in rugby league history in their eyes when really 20-30 years of mismanagement at that club needs more close attention than those three minutes. Long way to go, you haven't achieved Everest yet so let's keep it in our pants because proclaiming that three minutes of Souths footy is more important than the Mark Coyne try, more important than Matt Bowen intercepting in Origin, more important than Slater's Origin try, more important than Shaun Timmins' Origin field goal, more important than Dane Carlaw's Origin try, more important to rugby league than the result in the 2005 Tri Nations final.. player please, let's get some perspective of what is important here.

Do you even read anything I've posted?

yobbo84 said:
So I ask you, has there ever been a more important 3 minutes of regular season football in the context of the competition?!

You do understand what I mean by regular season and context, don't you?

Oh and where did I ask you to do anything for Souths? I post a simple question about 3 minutes of football and everyone goes into little-man-syndrome-mode. At no point did I say anything about the greatness of South Sydney, or ask anyone to do anything. This is what prompted me to write the post that you replied to. What is it about South Sydney that stirs up such emotion in people?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
S.S.T.I.D said:
You forget mate that all Souths fans MUST kiss the arse of every other rugby league supporter on the planet for marching for us when we were out of the league. Despite the fact that 99.9% of league fans didn't give a f@ck whether we made it back or not, and most were quite vitriolic towards to club when we were gone, our right to question other supporters was lost when they single-handedly got us back into the comp. Don't ever forget mate it wasn't Nick Pappas et al that gave us our team back, it was Joe Blow the Parra supporter next door that actually did all the hard work.
Where in this thread did anyone actually say that you had to thank every other rugby league fan for getting you back into the comp? In hindsight, I don't know why everyone decided to march to get Souths back into the comp, perhaps it was just because we felt they were unfairly kicked out in the first place. But that said, we didn't expect it to "bite us on the ass" so to speak for being happy to march to get Souths back in the comp. If we had have known that all of a sudden a few years after they got back into the comp they'd be thrust in our faces 5 days a week, perhaps we wouldn't have worried about it, who knows?

S.S.T.I.D said:
And be careful what you say about Souths as well in general. If you dare speak of Souths at any time that actually means that you believe that the entire universe revolves around the club. I mean fancy a Souths fan talking about Souths! Beggars belief!

Just stick to kissing everyone's arse and talking the club down. You won't offend anyone that way.
Again, no one said you had to "talk your club down". There is just a way of doing things and carrying on in here like you're the only team in the comp is doing little to alleviate that. A case in point is Penrith in 2003. Sure, they hadn't been quite as sh*t as Souths have been, but the fact remains is that they went about their business all the way to the grand final and were not being shoved in people's faces all the time.

THAT is why everyone in 03 jumped on the Panthers bandwagon - perhaps helped a little by the fact ppl hated the Roosters with a passion - but it was also a case of fans supporting the underdog. I dare say that should Souths make a grand final (dear God help us all), if they're playing a form team of the comp (say Melbourne), no matter that the fact Souths will be underdogs and a NSW team, I'd say there will be a vast majority of ppl who will be supporting the Storm, because the hoopla surrounding Souths in the lead-up would be unbelievable and sh*tful.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
t-ba said:
That's never what I said and you know it. I get sh*tty when Souths fans hang their hat on ancient history with an almost wilful disregard of the present.

Yobbo was talking about Round 7 this year, is that ancient history as well?

Please tell me what parameters we should use so that we don't piss you off. Should victories be cherished since 1908 or from the limited tackle rule, top 5, top 8, when we where born or since Manly have been in the comp?

Latest posts