What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there ever been a more important 3 minutes?

t-ba

Post Whore
Ziggy the God said:
Yobbo was talking about Round 7 this year, is that ancient history as well?

Please tell me what parameters we should use so that we don't piss you off. Should victories be cherished since 1908 or from the limited tackle rule, top 5, top 8, when we where born or since Manly have been in the comp?

Where have I said anything about that argument here Ziggy? You brought it up, not me. I've made a specific point of staying away from that dross (as frequent as it is) lately. Glad that I've got under your skin ;-)

Ziggy the God

First Grade
t-ba said:
Where have I said anything about that argument here Ziggy? You brought it up, not me. I've made a specific point of staying away from that dross (as frequent as it is) lately. Glad that I've got under your skin ;-)

No my friend, you are always posting the same line of argument in Souths threads, despite said posters not even talking about historical events. I am just trying to clarify what parameters are to your liking so that the goalposts don't keep changing in an Arko fashion. ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Ziggy the God said:
No my friend, you are always posting the same line of argument in Souths threads, despite said posters not even talking about historical events. I am just trying to clarify what parameters are to your liking so that the goalposts don't keep changing in an Arko fashion. ;-)

Apology accepted.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Jobdog said:
Where in this thread did anyone actually say that you had to thank every other rugby league fan for getting you back into the comp? In hindsight, I don't know why everyone decided to march to get Souths back into the comp, perhaps it was just because we felt they were unfairly kicked out in the first place. But that said, we didn't expect it to "bite us on the ass" so to speak for being happy to march to get Souths back in the comp. If we had have known that all of a sudden a few years after they got back into the comp they'd be thrust in our faces 5 days a week, perhaps we wouldn't have worried about it, who knows?

Again, no one said you had to "talk your club down". There is just a way of doing things and carrying on in here like you're the only team in the comp is doing little to alleviate that. A case in point is Penrith in 2003. Sure, they hadn't been quite as sh*t as Souths have been, but the fact remains is that they went about their business all the way to the grand final and were not being shoved in people's faces all the time.

THAT is why everyone in 03 jumped on the Panthers bandwagon - perhaps helped a little by the fact ppl hated the Roosters with a passion - but it was also a case of fans supporting the underdog. I dare say that should Souths make a grand final (dear God help us all), if they're playing a form team of the comp (say Melbourne), no matter that the fact Souths will be underdogs and a NSW team, I'd say there will be a vast majority of ppl who will be supporting the Storm, because the hoopla surrounding Souths in the lead-up would be unbelievable and sh*tful.

Quite frankly, I don't care what your run-of-the-mill fan thinks about Souths and I couldn't give a sh*t for the reasons behind everyone's hatred. Always remember, we are Souths and we are better than you.

But if the publicity this club recieves bothers you as much as it obviously does (and this goes for everyone else as well) take up a different sport because you are right, when we do make the finals and GF the amount of publicity we get then will be beyond saturation. It will make the publicity the club gets now look like nothing.

t-ba

Post Whore
I think this is a sign of how long it's been since the Rabbits have been in contention for the eight.

Said before I said anything.

I put forward a reason for the thread being started. Souths were crap for a while, and now that they're on the cusp of the eight, Souths fans start threads. You've got to admit, this season has seen more Souths threads than any before it. It's hardly coincidence that you are showing some fight this season and it's coinciding with increased posting.

It's got nothing in the slightest to do with an earlier argument I had a while back with Souths fans.

Iafeta

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Quite frankly, I don't care what your run-of-the-mill fan thinks about Souths and I couldn't give a sh*t for the reasons behind everyone's hatred. Always remember, we are Souths and we are better than you.

But if the publicity this club recieves bothers you as much as it obviously does (and this goes for everyone else as well) take up a different sport because you are right, when we do make the finals and GF the amount of publicity we get then will be beyond saturation. It will make the publicity the club gets now look like nothing.

9th...and a succession of crafty wooden spoons, versus fourth and no wooden spoons. Hmmm, yep, I'm playa hating on myself being worse than Souths.

You need to stop putting your head in the toilet and flushing mate, it's messing with your mind.

The worst possible thing Souths fans can do is get arrogant.

There is a lot of potential for the Rabbitohs to become a force over the next 24 months but PART of the charm of Souths is that working class nice guy perenial underdog appeal.

If we start acting arrogant, condescending and - dare I say - Roosterish, that will take a lot of the gloss off what could be a huge thing for the club and the sport IF it happens.

Souths fans take note - we're not a success yet. We're actually a fair way off it. We are COMPETATIVE. yes, that's a good first step - especially after so many years of being a rugby league disgrace - but we have a lot of work to do before we're anything close to a credible force.

You dont gain credibility by showing up for a game and being competative for 3/4 of a season.

Give it time and never let the line of Pride and Arrogance get blurred.

t-ba

Post Whore
RabbitohHighlightMaker said:

There is a lot of potential for the Rabbitohs to become a force over the next 24 months but PART of the charm of Souths is that working class nice guy perenial underdog appeal.

If we start acting arrogant, condescending and - dare I say - Roosterish, that will take a lot of the gloss off what could be a huge thing for the club and the sport IF it happens.

Souths fans take note - we're not a success yet. We're actually a fair way off it. We are COMPETATIVE. yes, that's a good first step - especially after so many years of being a rugby league disgrace - but we have a lot of work to do before we're anything close to a credible force.

You dont gain credibility by showing up for a game and being competative for 3/4 of a season.

10/10. Well played.

Iafeta

Referee

Yup, agreed.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench

Fair call, but I'm certainly not going to idly sit by and have people put sh*t on us and turn comments into something they aren't. And mate we don't need the support, love or whatever from neutrals. When we get there it will be a huge thing with our without them.

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Holy Jesus, some Souths fans don't act like petulent little children? :crazy:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
S.S.T.I.D said:
It isn't a conclusion I came to, it is a fact.
:lol:! Better than everyone else? Sure, you've won a sh*tload of comps, but thats because you've been in the comp for longer than everyone else bar the Roosters. But I would have thought that all those premierships would have been negated by the fact that you've picked up a sh*teload of wooden spoons too :crazy:

Latest posts