What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there ever been a more important 3 minutes?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Jobdog said:
Holy Jesus, some Souths fans don't act like petulent little children? :crazy:

If you are talking about this thread, well it wasn't Souths fans that turned this thread into what it is that is for sure.

yobbo84

Coach
RabbitohHighlightMaker said:
The worst possible thing Souths fans can do is get arrogant.

There is a lot of potential for the Rabbitohs to become a force over the next 24 months but PART of the charm of Souths is that working class nice guy perenial underdog appeal.

If we start acting arrogant, condescending and - dare I say - Roosterish, that will take a lot of the gloss off what could be a huge thing for the club and the sport IF it happens.

Souths fans take note - we're not a success yet. We're actually a fair way off it. We are COMPETATIVE. yes, that's a good first step - especially after so many years of being a rugby league disgrace - but we have a lot of work to do before we're anything close to a credible force.

You dont gain credibility by showing up for a game and being competative for 3/4 of a season.

Give it time and never let the line of Pride and Arrogance get blurred.

The funny thing is I started this thread just to point out how a couple of minutes of play has had a very large effect on the competition ladder. Nothing more, nothing less. From there it degenarated into a slanging match due to some opposition team supporters' failing to come to terms with the beginning of the resurgance of South Sydney.

Now, go bring me some more SSFC-TV footage. I am bored.

S.S.T.I.D said:
Fair call, but I'm certainly not going to idly sit by and have people put sh*t on us and turn comments into something they aren't. And mate we don't need the support, love or whatever from neutrals. When we get there it will be a huge thing with our without them.

I've never understood this line.

Why are people so against these 'band wagon fans' ?

If they want to help give money to the club by becoming members - sweet

If they want to help fill the stadiums on a week to week basis providing better atmosphere, creating some sort of 'home ground advantage' and once again, financially supporting the club - sweet

If they want to louden the roar when we win a game or boo when something goes against our team, to help create more of those 'goosebump' moments you feel in a 'big game' atmosphere - sweet

And if they want to be part of the club and build that feeling of pride and kinship even though you never met these people on the street when you see a person walk past in the same jersey as the team you support or have their sticker on their car as you drive past - sweet

I'm all for bandwagoners, because unless you flew out at birth in a Souths jersey, it all had to start somewhere and everyones reason is as good as each others.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
RabbitohHighlightMaker said:
I've never understood this line.

Why are people so against these 'band wagon fans' ?

If they want to help give money to the club by becoming members - sweet

If they want to help fill the stadiums on a week to week basis providing better atmosphere, creating some sort of 'home ground advantage' and once again, financially supporting the club - sweet

If they want to louden the roar when we win a game or boo when something goes against our team, to help create more of those 'goosebump' moments you feel in a 'big game' atmosphere - sweet

And if they want to be part of the club and build that feeling of pride and kinship even though you never met these people on the street when you see a person walk past in the same jersey as the team you support or have their sticker on their car as you drive past - sweet

I'm all for bandwagoners, because unless you flew out at birth in a Souths jersey, it all had to start somewhere and everyones reason is as good as each others.

I'm not for one second saying that I am against bandwagoners, we have the biggest one.

What I am saying is that I couldn't care less what the average Newcastle, Manly, Parra, etc fan thinks about the club. We don't need these people to look kindly upon us to be a success.

Iafeta

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
I'm not for one second saying that I am against bandwagoners, we have the biggest one.

What I am saying is that I couldn't care less what the average Newcastle, Manly, Parra, etc fan thinks about the club. We don't need these people to look kindly upon us to be a success.

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't just your club supporters who were in on the 'march for survival'. I think you owe fans of all those clubs involved the common courtesy of respect and as pointed above, knowing the line between pride and arrogance. Something, excuse the pun, Souths should and has in the past prided itself on.

Shorty said:
Please point out to me where I have said this?

I think a lot of people share that opinion,however there are a few teams that have been dudded by refs and I'd say the Warriors have had the worst.

Will you be complaining about ref calls again if we win?

What makes you think the Warriors have been dudded the most. Apart from the Souths game that Iafeta has mentioned in this thread?....OH WAIT A MINUTE....that's right the Warriors also got screwed out of a fair try vs your team by the video ref. A game which the Warriors lost by 6 points. Geez your team leads a charmed existence.

I'll only complain about video ref calls. I can cop the mistakes out in the middle, but these video ref f*ck ups I will not wear.

But if your team beats us fair and square this week, then I will admit we don't deserve to make the semis.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Iafeta said:
If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't just your club supporters who were in on the 'march for survival'. I think you owe fans of all those clubs involved the common courtesy of respect and as pointed above, knowing the line between pride and arrogance. Something, excuse the pun, Souths should and has in the past prided itself on.

If I could individually thank those that marched for us I would, but I can tell you that the amount of times I have been told either on a message board or in person that we shouldn't of been let back in or left to die far, far outweighs the amount of times I have been told, read or heard 'its good to have Souths back'.

I am certainly not going to go around kissing the arses of opposition supporters and nor should I have to. We don't owe anyone a thing. Read my earlier post, 99.99% of league supporters didn't give a f@ck about us then and outright hate us now.

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
What makes you think the Warriors have been dudded the most. Apart from the Souths game that Iafeta has mentioned in this thread?....OH WAIT A MINUTE....that's right the Warriors also got screwed out of a fair try vs your team by the video ref. A game which the Warriors lost by 6 points. Geez your team leads a charmed existence.

I'll only complain about video ref calls. I can cop the mistakes out in the middle, but these video ref f*ck ups I will not wear.
Seriously can you lay off the bashing of my team?
What,do you think that it was our fault that teams got dudded?
Wait,what about when you get calls that go your way which you undoubtably have...what then?
Wasn't your fault?

Get a grip,point your finger at the officials not the team.

Ice777

Bench
So you can bash sh*t out of the Storm until your heart's content but you have sook when someone bashes the Cowboy. I believe the right term for that is a hypocrite. If you can't take it, don't give it out ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
Ice777 said:
So you can bash sh*t out of the Storm until your heart's content but you have sook when someone bashes the Cowboy. I believe the right term for that is a hypocrite. If you can't take it, don't give it out ;-)
Stalking me again Ice?:roll::lol:

Ice777

Bench
Don't flatter yourself little girl. Why? Because i replied to one of your posts? Isn't that what you just did? That's the whole idea of a message board isn't it? Now run along little girl your hypocrisy is shining through once again ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
Ice777 said:
Now run along little girl your hypocrisy is shining through once again ;-)
More like your stupidity,read the whole thread instead of just my post.
It will indicate the Cowboys have no relation to what Bobby and myself are arguing about.

Ice777

Bench
I read the whole thread. I told you stop flattering yourself junior and stop stalking me by replying to my posts. See how dumb that sounds? It's a forum! :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
Ice777 said:
I read the whole thread. I told you stop flattering yourself junior and stop stalking me by replying to my posts. See how dumb that sounds? It's a forum! :lol:
Erm..you're the one that popped up out of nowhere,off topic trying to flame me.
Return to the Storm forum where you'll be taken seriously champ:roll:

Latest posts