What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasnt Been A Jamie Lyon Thread For A While

So i thought i would start one.

With Gasnier gooorrrrnnnnn for the Rep games he must be in mind for the 6 jersey for the Blues. Outta maybe him and Anasta

Thoughts

skeepe

Immortal
Carney is far better than Mullen, and as long as the selectors can remove their anti-Canberra bias, will be wearing the sky blue number 6 this year.

macavity

Referee
skeepe said:
Carney is far better than Mullen, and as long as the selectors can remove their anti-Canberra bias, will be wearing the sky blue number 6 this year.

bwaahahahaha

I will bookmark this for when the Knights tear canbraaa a new one.

Carney should stick to getting pizzed and doing burnouts.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mullen > Carney

Neither are likely to play Origin IMO.

At any rate, i say we wait till Origin is coming up and judge on form.

JJ

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Mullen/Carney/Anasta/Lyon....Dykes.

Great depth

meh - NSW won Origin games with Shaun Timmins at #6 :loL:

Anasta will get the job I'd imagine... Hornby's limited but a good footballer and could fill a role there too.

Carney :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmins with his flukey field goal in game one 2004.
Before that in 2003 he had some guy called Andrew Johns next to him.
This yr there is no great halfback to help guide the 5/8.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Mullen/Carney/Anasta/Lyon....Dykes.

Great depth
Don't forget Brett Firman and Brett Finch.... :oops:

And if Preston Campbell keeps firing at the Titans, he could quiet possibly get the recognition he deserves and play for the Blues (off the bench at the least).

Truth be told, if one of these guys is in form, they won't cost us a game. They just won't win us the game.

Mr Saab said:
Timmins with his flukey field goal in game one 2004.
Before that in 2003 he had some guy called Andrew Johns next to him.
This yr there is no great halfback to help guide the 5/8.
While they aren't as great as Joey, Gower or Orford in form could cover for a dodgy 5/8. You're not giving the Blues much credit. Sure when their halves are out of form, they suck. But they do have some very capable halfbacks.

JJ

Immortal
Kimmorley and Dykes? ;-)

Orford and Lyon?

Sherwin and Anasta?

I guess a club combo, or a makeshift #6 such as Hornby outside of either Orford or Gower??

As Qld have shown, a lot depends on attitude and intensity

mxlegend99

Referee
JJ said:
Kimmorley and Dykes? ;-)

Orford and Lyon?

Sherwin and Anasta?

I guess a club combo, or a makeshift #6 such as Hornby outside of either Orford or Gower??

As Qld have shown, a lot depends on attitude and intensity
Another club Combo:
Gower and Firman

If both hit form, it would be a pretty strong combination. Firman had a solid game against the Titans also, bagging our only try. :cool:

Whatever happens, it better not be Kimmorley and Dykes. Dykes and someone else would be alright though, he was awesome last year without Kimmorley.

Mr Saab

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
Another club Combo:
Gower and Firman
If both hit form, it would be a pretty strong combination. Firman had a solid game against the Titans also, bagging our only try. :cool:

I pray to god they hit form and NSW select them!

mxlegend99

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I pray to god they hit form and NSW select them!
They wouldn't be a weakness if they were in form though.

Gower has been a reliable choice, and that's why he gets selected ahead of guys like Orford who are just as capable as he is (unless the pressure is on atleast).

Mr Saab

Referee
Origin is beyond both of them, form or no form.
Gower is a great club footballer, origin is out of his league.

Fluffy

Juniors
why dont we get benji since qld has a few kiwis i see no reason why we should be allowed at least 1

mxlegend99

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Origin is beyond both of them, form or no form.
Gower is a great club footballer, origin is out of his league.
He has played multiple games in which he was more then solid for NSW and Australia. Last year he was out of shape, first week back from injury and had a centre playing 5/8. He still had an ok game, although he was pretty quiet.

It's why he is pretty much first in line after Joey. Even when he is out of form, he isn't the one to let the team down.

Latest posts