What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasnt Been A Jamie Lyon Thread For A While

simon says

First Grade
Im pretty sure that Mullen repped at junior level too.

And he doesnt do donuts when he's pizzled either.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
simon says said:
Im pretty sure that Mullen repped at junior level too.

And he doesnt do donuts when he's pizzled either.

I think there is no doubt Todd Carney will get the NSW five-eighth spot. I mean, he's a better player than Benji Marshall. What's Marshall done besides represent New Zealand and help win his team a premiership? Whereas Carney has outplayed Marshall everytime they've played, even when the Tigers have won!

Carney is best player to be produced by the Raiders since...every other player they've churned out over the past three years. Mullen isn't half the player Carney is, he'll win the Dally M this season, you just wait and see!

In fact, most of the Raiders side in 2007 should be chosen in the State of Origin this year. They have the best young players in the NRL. The only reason they have been overlooked is because of the selectors bias to anyone playing for the Raiders. This is an absolutely disgusting outrage, headed by Phil Gould and his anti-Canberra tirades.

hybrid_tiger said:
I think there is no doubt Todd Carney will get the NSW five-eighth spot. I mean, he's a better player than Benji Marshall. What's Marshall done besides represent New Zealand and help win his team a premiership? Whereas Carney has outplayed Marshall everytime they've played, even when the Tigers have won!

Carney is best player to be produced by the Raiders since...every other player they've churned out over the past three years. Mullen isn't half the player Carney is, he'll win the Dally M this season, you just wait and see!

In fact, most of the Raiders side in 2007 should be chosen in the State of Origin this year. They have the best young players in the NRL. The only reason they have been overlooked is because of the selectors bias to anyone playing for the Raiders. This is an absolutely disgusting outrage, headed by Phil Gould and his anti-Canberra tirades.
:lol:

perverse

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:

well i'm for his anti-gould policy... but i'm against his thoughts on carney vs. mullen.

i seem to remember reading somewhere that mullen was captain of at least one of those junior rep sides? quite possibly one in which he partnered carney in the halves?

of course i could just be imagining things... if anyone can confirm/deny this with any degree of certainty feel free :)

caylo

Bench
Carney, No chance. Mullens, No chance.
Lyon i believe will play centre and get chosen there, If he does play well at 5-8 he will play at 5-8. Other options are Finch, Anaster or Orford/Gower ay 5-8 with the other at half. No jnrs will play origin in the halves for the blues, when was the last time on did. Think about it, Fittler made his debue as a centre in origin, so did Dailey, and Kenny. They dont like taking risks with young halves realy. God Barrett was playing the house down, represented Australia in 1997, but only represented NSW off the bench in 2000, when they could have player fittler at lock.
Mind you Carney and Mullens are both crap, Lewis hasnt proven himself. If it was me, id wait until mid season to pick it but ill go.

Mini (if not injury free, or playing crap hodgo, or hayne)
Tahu/Grothe
Lyon
Copper/Tahu
King
Finch
Head

We have problems with out halves, i think Head will stand up though. Big year form him

simon says

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:

:lol: :lol: Word.

mxlegend99

Referee
caylo said:
Carney, No chance. Mullens, No chance.
Lyon i believe will play centre and get chosen there, If he does play well at 5-8 he will play at 5-8. Other options are Finch, Anaster or Orford/Gower ay 5-8 with the other at half. No jnrs will play origin in the halves for the blues, when was the last time on did. Think about it, Fittler made his debue as a centre in origin, so did Dailey, and Kenny. They dont like taking risks with young halves realy. God Barrett was playing the house down, represented Australia in 1997, but only represented NSW off the bench in 2000, when they could have player fittler at lock.
Mind you Carney and Mullens are both crap, Lewis hasnt proven himself. If it was me, id wait until mid season to pick it but ill go.

Mini (if not injury free, or playing crap hodgo, or hayne)
Tahu/Grothe
Lyon
Copper/Tahu
King
Finch
Head

We have problems with out halves, i think Head will stand up though. Big year form him
Far out. The Eels bias here is incredible. :lol:

Finch? He blew his chance at playing for NSW again last year Hayne if selected, would no way in hell get the fullback job. Brett Stewart would get it if they gave it to a noobie.

IMO Backs would be:
1. Anthony Minichello
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King

If any players are injured, i think Brett Stewart or Brett Hodgson would cover fullback, Timana Tahu would be first inline to cover Wing or Centre (or King may shift to centre), Luke Lewis would be next inline if last year is any indication (he was the shadow player for the wing).

For the halves.... well, it could be any number of combinations. But i'd imagine any combination containing Finch would be a very last resort :lol: I'd rate Head/Hornby as a strong possibility... if they play in the halves for Dragons and go ok, it would be a safe choice.

kooriguy

Juniors
i think gower is still the front runner for the half back spot anyway.. the more hotly contested position is 5/8 here is my pick of the bunch.
preston campbell - dynamic attacking player with a good allround attack may also be used off bench as impact ala bowen
reni matua - good running game and rock solid defender
jamie lyon - have to see more of him in the 6 but rated him the best centre going around before he left.

Hutty1986

Immortal
kooriguy said:
i think gower is still the front runner for the half back spot anyway.. the more hotly contested position is 5/8 here is my pick of the bunch.
preston campbell - dynamic attacking player with a good allround attack may also be used off bench as impact ala bowen
reni matua - good running game and rock solid defender
jamie lyon - have to see more of him in the 6 but rated him the best centre going around before he left.

Mate, Campbells a great player but he can't tackle! They won't risk him at SOO level

t-ba

Post Whore
hybrid_tiger said:

:lol::lol:.

A piece of art. Literature to rival Chaucer.

Mal Meninga

Bench
That post is almost as hilarious as Todd Payten, Ryan O'Hara, Keith Galloway, and Bryce Gibbs. Oh and Anthony Laffranchi.

Latest posts