What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasnt Been A Jamie Lyon Thread For A While

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider Azz said:
im not sure why some people say carney has no chance of being selected but then go ahead and throw mullen up as a chance? if mullen has a chance, so does carney IMO.

in saying that, i don't think either of them are ready for origin just yet.
As a Raiders supporter, you should know why. It's always pointed out by you guys that Raiders players are overlooked.

NSW especially overlook them. QLD gave Shif and Mogg a go after injuries forced their hand, and it didn't hurt at all. But originally, they overlooked them also.

It's pretty stupid that this is the case, i'd love too see Tongue playing Origin. The club shouldn't effect your chaces, but it does, teams like Bulldogs and Roosters are going to make it easier then a team like the Souths or Raiders will.

Disco

Bench
The NSW backline will be (barring injury)

1.Minnichello
2.King
3.Tahu
4.Cooper
5.Grothe

6.Lyon
7.Orford

macavity

Referee
The real kicker though is the junior rep teams. Carney has consistently been selected for both NSW and Australia, where has Mullen been?
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/about/profile.asp?id=24
Player Profile

Jarrod Mullen

Last year’s Newcastle Knights Rising Star, Jarrod Mullen possesses maturity beyond his years. Mullen is a class act at Five-Eighth and continues his apprenticeship this season alongside the master tradesman, Andrew Johns. No stranger to representative duties, Mullen made his senior debut last season for the Prime Ministers XIII against Papua New Guinea. Watch out for post try celebrations in front of the “Mullen clan” on the Southern Hill.

Date of Birth: 09 April 1987 (Age: 19 years old)

Height: 179cm

Weight: 86kg

Nick name: Mullo, Screech

Birth place: Singleton, NSW

Preferred position: Five Eighth

Junior club: Wests Newcastle

Year you joined the Knights: 2002

First grade debut: Newcastle Knights v West Tigers, EnergyAustralia Stadium, 15/5/05 (Rd 10)

Signed with the Knights until: 2009

Representative honours: New South Wales under 19s, Junior Kangaroos, Prime Ministers XIII 2006

Your star sign: Aries

Previous clubs: Nil

Debut with Knights: Newcastle Knights v West Tigers, EnergyAustralia Stadium, 15/5/05 (Rd 10)

What do you remember about your NRL debut? The crowd

Favourite item of clothing: Thongs

As a kid, what was your dream job? Professional Footballer

Best pick up line you have ever used or heard? Are you Jamaican? Cause you're Ja May Kin me crazy

CD you're currently listening to: The Game

Something we don't know about you: I can kick flip a 10 stair switch foot

Match day song: Ride Rims - Dem franchise boys

If you starred in a movie, what role would you play and what type of movie would it be? Background person not paying any attention to anything, in a Sci Fi

Famous person you most admire: Dave Chappell

Perfect date? Nice evening consisting of dinner and a movie

Personal motto: Don’t die wondering

Favourite word: Yes Please (two words)

Describe yourself in one word: Annoying

Who's life would you rather live - Hugh Hefner or Robbie Williams and why? Hugh Hefner, he is the man

What was often written on your school report? Doesn't listen

:sarcasm:

mxlegend99

Referee
Disco said:
The NSW backline will be (barring injury)

1.Minnichello
2.King
3.Tahu
4.Cooper
5.Grothe

6.Lyon
7.Orford
I don't doubt Lyon is a shoe-in... but Orford? That's just Manly bias. Selectors have been hesitant to select him. The only way this team will happen is if Lyon and Orford form a great halves partnership. There is no way to pick our halves just yet... we don't have form to judge our players off.

IMO King should play centre. He is extremely underrated in the centres. Way better then Tahu.

Hutty1986

Immortal
How about we wait until Lyon actually does something at 6 before we go ahead and put him in as an automatic selection at five eighth for the Blues...

CharlieF

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
I don't doubt Lyon is a shoe-in... but Orford? That's just Manly bias. Selectors have been hesitant to select him. The only way this team will happen is if Lyon and Orford form a great halves partnership. There is no way to pick our halves just yet... we don't have form to judge our players off.

IMO King should play centre. He is extremely underrated in the centres. Way better then Tahu.

Orford has been picked for NSW on a number of occasions. Remember Andrew Johns has played for NSW up until last year.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
How about we wait until Lyon actually does something at 6 before we go ahead and put him in as an automatic selection at five eighth for the Blues...

As opposed to Gasnier being a shoe in for five-eigth before he tore his fingernail.

skeepe

Immortal
god1 said:
What is Carney's Representative honours?

NSW U/17's
NSW U/19's (2 years running)
Junior Kangaroos 2005, 2006

I believe he played Australian schoolboys also, but can't find any verification online, just in my memory.

Suffice to say, Carney was first choice half each and every time.

skeepe

Immortal
Raider Azz said:
Carney also played in the PM's side in 05, I believe.

No, but he did play in what I think was termed a "Chairman's XIII" or something like that in what was a combination of senior and junior Australian representatives against a similar New Zealand side. Was played as a curtain raiser for the first Tri Nations match that year.

macavity

Referee
skeepe said:
Suffice to say, Carney was first choice half each and every time.

good to see that even though apparently you are a selector, you can't remember selecting mullen..... :lol:

Latest posts