What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haurie Is Back!

lockyno1

Post Whore
How good has Hauritz been today. Bowled brilliantly on a flat track taking 1-42 and a run-out, and a hand in another runout. He is just in the middle of guiding QLD to victory!

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Your Hauritz fetish is bordering on that of the Covell Brigade.......

Hey at least hauritz has the "potential" to improve! Covell on the other hand is rubbish!

The Colonel

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Hey at least hauritz has the "potential" to improve!
:lol: :lol: I am glad that you have put "potential" in inverted commas. Covell and Hauritz share a lot in common....

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
:lol: :lol: I am glad that you have put "potential" in inverted commas. Covell and Hauritz share a lot in common....

Hauritz will be one of the greats of the game. You all should watch him! Close behind Maher in the MOM today!

The Colonel

Immortal
:lol: This is Covellesque. I think you'll find he is well down the pecking order as a "spin" bowler. The display of Hopes looked more promising.....

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
:lol: This is Covellesque. I think you'll find he is well down the pecking order as a "spin" bowler. The display of Hopes looked more promising.....

Hopes has always been good. This was Haurie's day as he showed everyone how good he will become! He will be our future spinner hopefully!:)

azza

Juniors
Hauritz, a full-time off-spinner, got 1 for something odd on a pitch that was turning sideways in Bombay. Michael Clarke, a part timer, got 6/9. Enough said.

Cricketer

Juniors
azza said:
Hauritz, a full-time off-spinner, got 1 for something odd on a pitch that was turning sideways in Bombay. Michael Clarke, a part timer, got 6/9. Enough said.
Game, Set and MATCH!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1 for 42 and a run out is an ordinary stat

how does this make him a better than ordinary player, its about time he got a wicket

aussies1st

Staff member
And this was a 50 over match. Just think about Watson and you will see this is nothing special.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
1 for 42 and a run out is an ordinary stat

how does this make him a better than ordinary player, its about time he got a wicket

It is not how many wickets he got. Yeah he got one, but he beat the bat more than half a dozen times. On that pitch where it was not spinning he has done well and it is a good start to the season!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timbo said:
Dan Cullen looked far more promising than Hauritz IMO.

He did look good, even I will admit that. Looks like Haurie and Cullen will have a similar battle for a test spot down the track!

Australian cricket has never really had strong off spinners. Tim May was ok, but the rest that have come through have barely made any inroads.

Offspin doesn't threaten most batsman. The only two which really do in world cricket are Murali and Singh, and Singh is only really effective on the sub continent.

SirShire

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
And he hits the winning runs! Hail the great man!:D

There is only one great man. Shane Keith Warne.

You should be slapped for branding that useless hack Hauritz with the true Great Man's title.