What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

Have the Roosters overpaid O'meley? ($375k)

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
souths fans seriously have nothing better to do?

The time it took him to start this thread is roughly the same amount of time it took you to respond to it.

Tom Ace

Bench
Until we see him play the play for the Roosters next year there is absolutely no way to tell whether we've paid overs for him.

He's not playing his best football at the moment but a move east may be a breath of fresh air for him....literally.

so it took him 3 hours to question whether the roosters overpaid for o'meley? i guess that confirms souffs fans aren't the sharpest tools in the shed

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
No, you just have players that shyte in shoes.
"I shat in schlossies shoe"

Yes, we have had a player who liked the odd brown fountain joke. Its almost as good as the time Brett Seymour was accused of head-butting a young woman. Hmm what is worse...a joker or a woman-beater.

I think we paid overs.
Ogre's looked pretty tired at best this year. What worries me is he basically admitted he's coming over for the money (support the family) after his little chat with Folkes.
I'm praying that a fresh club and coach might reivigarate the big fella but I'm not holding my breath.

Avenger

Immortal
Last weeked the SMH advertised the position for the NSW Police Deputy Commissioner. The combined salary package was advertised as $280 to $330K a year. Considering that this person is managing about 14,000 people I would say that Rugby League players are generally overpaid, including O'meley.

Canard

Immortal
Seems a shadow of his former self, he seems to have lost a yard or two of pace, and appears to have lost the dynamic line breaking ability that he had.

Ridders

Coach
hmmm, while i've though his form all year has been largely sh*t i thought he had a pretty strong game against the cows on saturday night.

hopefully he can find some form at the roosters, always admired the way he went about his football, very similar to Martin Lang in his style of play.

Packy

Bench
If you want a benchmark prop you will have to pay.

There don't come on the market very often and even if he is in decline he has a lot of smarts to pass down.

I think it's a decent buy for the Roosters. As stated by others in this thread... Myles was a flop.

Redback71

First Grade
yes. if thats the true amount.

who ever though the roosters would be in a position where they had to pay overs. :lol:

NGR

Juniors
props get better with age, so i wouldnt write him off...

375k, is paying overs but then again they really do need a good prop...

Latest posts