What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever switched support to another team?

Barkley

Bench
I've never switched teams but the doggies have sure tested my loyalties over the years. Unfortunately we are infested with sh!t merkin fans and they have made me ashamed of the blue and white on many occasions.

big hit!

Bench
was a newtown boy. dad got here in 70 and the jets were the way he assimilated into aussie life and the local community.

began going to easts games when they moved to henson pk in '86-87 when the SFS was being built. that basically ended when they moved back to moore park.

dad and i then started going to Balmain games. dad loved Warren ryan as a coach because he took Newtown to the 81 GF. dad stopped going and taking me to games once ryan left. it was clear he was following the individual rather than the club.

my bro was 7 years younger than me and loved the rabbitohs like i had loved the jets when i was a little kid. i took him to games in the early 90s and have basically been a souths fan since. ironic as they were one of newtown's major rivals. for the most part, being a souths fan has been tough, but i've stuck solid for over 20 years.

let me tell you, it's hard when you lose your club. norths fans will agree. the only reason i lumped with souths was to have something in common with my bro. otherwise, i'd probably just be an observer rather than a follower.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yes.

I was a die hard Dogs supporter until I was about 12. I even cried when they lost the GF in 86. My Dad was a big supporter and passed it on to me.

Then I lost interest in Footy for a while altogether and when I was about 15 I was going to Shark Park every second week with my mates and was just like, this is stupid, the only involvement I have with RL is going to Sharks games so I might as well support them.

What a shit move that was.

I still have a mate from primary school who gives it to me about switching teams.

Rather my team come last every season than be a Dogs supporter

Latest posts