What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawaii Comp

amnrlfan

Juniors
Anyone herd or seen anything involving the Hawaii comp that had its kickoff weekend this past weekend? I would like to get some info regarding the comp; results, teams, names, photos etc... Especially if there is supposedly a handful of hawaiians on the upcoming Tomahawks squad (not sure if that is true or not).

Bluebags1908

Juniors
http://www.wearerugby.com/news/articles/league-action-hawaii

League Action In Hawaii

League Action In Hawaii

Source/Author: Brian Lowe (Sergio Rodriguez photo) | Posted: 06.23.2011

Round 4 of the American National Rugby League competition is upon us this weekend and although it’s still relatively early in the season, it will be a pivotal week for several teams.

The second-placed Bucks County Sharks (2-1) are set to clash with the fourth-placed Northern Raiders (2-1) in Congers, NY, in a game that could see one or the other take over first place.

Only one point separates the pair in the standings and with frontrunners the New York Knights (2-1) having a bye week, it’s a golden opportunity for both sides to put themselves in the driver’s seat moving into the second half of the season.

The other Round 4 fixture is a cross-town matchup that pits the two winless teams Aston Bulls (0-2) and the new franchise the Delaware Vipers (0-2) against each other in Pennsylvania. One of these two should come away with their first W of the 2011 season, while a loss will be a major setback for either one and could derail their postseason aspirations.

Also this week, action gets underway in the new Pacific Conference with a doubleheader in Hawaii.

The All-Stars take on Marist in the early game, before the Islanders meet head-on with the Harlequins in the late game. Both matches will be played at Kapiolani Park in Honolulu.

“Rugby League development in Hawaii has been an ongoing process for some time,” says AMNRL president David Niu. “Establishing a foothold for the sport in an area rich in athletic talent and rugby experience makes total sense.

“The launch of the Pacific Conference this weekend is an indication of the level of dedicated effort by Jack Breen and his team with AMNRL Hawaii, HARP, and the HRL to craft a strategic long term plan for the sport in the region.

“We look forward to a successful opening weekend that opens the door to many athletes of all ages to enjoy the sport of rugby league.”

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I think so, you can sort of see something that looks like a PTB.

But I have to say, if Nui thinks these fellas are going to get the Tomahawks into the RLWC, he has rocks in his head.

Fair dinkum, nearly everyone looks like a Union front rower playing back in the old amateur days.

Sharks Forever

Juniors
Looks like some decent athletes there. It appears there was only the one game, but to me, politics aside, that is still something positive. Well done to the coach, and hopefully they enjoyed the game and will keep it going, with support from all league supporters.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think so, you can sort of see something that looks like a PTB.

But I have to say, if Nui thinks these fellas are going to get the Tomahawks into the RLWC, he has rocks in his head.

Fair dinkum, nearly everyone looks like a Union front rower playing back in the old amateur days.

So still no USARL players in the "national" team then?

joshreading

Staff member
I am confused by their response a little on facebook. It seems like they have played a game but it is maybe more a one off.

Latest posts