What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne — Biggest bonehead play in Origin history?

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Bazal said:
And along with those, Wheelsy, how about we forget that magic try he scored too? Idiot....

In Jarryd's defence, the way NSW defended in that second half QLD most likely would have scored from the scrum anyway. It was a silly, overconfident play...but 18-6 up at half time should be enough to win an Origin match. You can blame Hayne all you like, if you are an idiot it's easy to blame the most obvious blunder. But what about Matt King? He directly conceded two tries, and would have given up three had Bell not had greasy hands. Or Mullen and Anasta? You'd think they were playing AFL the way they picked out the QLD back three with their kicks, absolutely horrible kicking games from both players.

And while we're at it, why not bring out the way we played in that second half? 18-6 in Origin you go out and grind away for a win. Nothing fancy, defend well and build pressure, and you will win 9 times out of 10. But we went out, and our halves played like they were trying to score off every play...it was terrible.

Basically, we sucked. We played dumb footy and it cost us the game. Jarryd made a mistake, but outside that he was one of our better players...

And you are a PARRA fan, and Jarryd is from Parra. OH THE IRONY!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Bazal said:
And along with those, Wheelsy, how about we forget that magic try he scored too? Idiot....
I'm not forgetting the try. I said it was the most stupid play in State of Origin history.
Nothing to do with the other 79'30" of his game.
:fist:

Bazal

Post Whore
So, in short what you're saying is you'd drop him based on 30 seconds of his performance? Wow, thank f**k you aren't a selector, we'd have an entire new team every time...

Tom Shines

First Grade
Well no, he shouldn't have been there in the first place.
But Hayne probably did enough in the rest of the game to hold his spot.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well at least you can see that...Look, he f**ked up...but did anyone see him wipe the tears away after he did it? He was more passionate than any QLDer last night and played so well. He'll be right

Biggest Bonehead Play????

Hayne Comes second to.........

Paul Simpkins - how the hell Hindmarsh's effort was called a try is beyond me, and why the hell he didn't go to the video ref to confirm his belief was just as gobsmacking!!!

Pissed me right off, had we won this decision would have been all over the headlines, and taken the polish off a victory. As it happens QLD got the chocolates - and in a way I was happy with that - only because of Simpkins.

New ref for Origin 2 please!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
Biggest Bonehead Play????

Hayne Comes second to.........

Paul Simpkins - how the hell Hindmarsh's effort was called a try is beyond me, and why the hell he didn't go to the video ref to confirm his belief was just as gobsmacking!!!

Pissed me right off, had we won this decision would have been all over the headlines, and taken the polish off a victory. As it happens QLD got the chocolates - and in a way I was happy with that - only because of Simpkins.

New ref for Origin 2 please!!!!!!!!!!!
Why cant we get a ESL ref like we did in the ANZAC test match he let the players go at it and didnt blow his whistle that often...

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
The Hayne mistake doesn't matter as he scored one himself.
He played well and in origin you have to try to do things out of the ordinary. He had to pass the ball as he was going out intouch then QLD would of got teh scrum feed and teh way they were playing in NSW 20 they most propably would of scored anyway.
Give the bloke a wrap for his brilliant try instead. Best Winger last night, I'd keep him in the squad cause of his speed and ability to find the try line.

And I'm no fan of his but have to give him a wrap for his rep games.

Parra Glory

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times (if you don't believe me check my post history).. Jarryd Hayne, whilst can score a try, is THE worst defensive winger in the NRL. That play along with the selection of a centre in King on the wing cost NSW the game.

Mate you deadset have no clue. Tell me you think Merrit is a better defender than Hayne???

Redback71

First Grade
apart from that stupid pas is still score 7.5 out of 10 in the telegraph, what would he have scored if it was not for that pass?

tate 6.5
bell 5
hodges 6.5
inglis 7.5
king 6
lyon 6.5
cooper 8

yobbo84

Coach
Parra Glory said:
Mate you deadset have no clue. Tell me you think Merrit is a better defender than Hayne???

Easily. If you don't know that you clearly haven't been watching Souths this season. Oh and if you don't believe me ask Sonny Bill...or any one of about 6 wingers he's denied tries this year with some great defence.

jimmythehand

Juniors
you guys are all kidding yourselves. there's no way it was a bonehead decision. The decision he made was the correct one, it's just the execution wasn't.

He saved a 40/20 quick and would have gone into touch and QLD had so much momentum at the time that it was worth the risk for NSW to keep the ball.

Good on you Hayne for backing yourself. It's just a shame it didn't work out. Brain snap or bonehead decision? No Way.

Mr Saab

Referee
jimmythehand said:
He saved a 40/20 quick and would have gone into touch and QLD had so much momentum at the time that it was worth the risk for NSW to keep the ball.

Wasnt a 40/20, but yes he would have been pushed into touch

jimmythehand

Juniors
I'm sure it was a 40/20 kick??? and he wouldn't have been pushed into touch, his leg was in the air over the touch line about to hit it.

Latest posts