What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne — Biggest bonehead play in Origin history?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he didn't really seem to have much choice, his leg was over the touch line by the time he got rid of the ball looking at this mornings replays

he was either worried about the 40/20 or worried about being over the touchline and giving back to Qld if he held onto it

he was damned either way

at least he didn't let in two tries without laying a hand on his opponent

V1er

Juniors
ANother turning point was when bedueres ran behind his own player, up 18 6 at the time, next set QLD score and they get a snif, they should have never been given a sniff. What hayne did was silly but it did not cost nsw the game. they win as a team and they lose as a team.

Cammo

Bench
He had a good game despite the blunder. I think at least he should have just let himself go into touch cause then at least NSW can get a defensive line set.

Not the biggest bonehead play in Origin history though.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wheelsy said:
Forget Hodges in the in-goal. Forget Tallis getting himself sent off. Forget Hodgeson's sh*t ball last year.

That was THE singlemost stupid play I have seen in an Origin. Paul Carige would be proud of that.

Give yourself one :fist:

At least Hayne played well before hand and after it. The rest you mention didnt.

And Hodges' one was the worse one in 2002, threw the ball in the ingoal, TWICE, which led to tries.

I know it was a blunder, but what about the other two tries that Qld shouldnt have got. The Price one was the worst one, how the f***k was no-one there?

Give yourself an uppercut mate if you think Hayne's was the worst one.

yobbo84

Coach
Y2Eel said:
ONLY SOUF fans think he played crap

Your Soooooooooooooooooo not funny

2 tries down Kings side No threads from Souths fans to dump him yet...

No threads about Hayne being picked before tonght even though there are better options out there...

yobbo84 said:
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times (if you don't believe me check my post history).. Jarryd Hayne, whilst can score a try, is THE worst defensive winger in the NRL. That play along with the selection of a centre in King on the wing cost NSW the game.

Learn to read.

badav

Bench
That was a moment of madness from Hayne. I am not sure if the kick was going to be a 40/20 but the pass did not need to be thrown. I guess it just typifies what happens when inexperience comes to a head in big games.

But i dont think it outranks Hodges debut. Hodges did it in his ingoal. After the first one people were saying. What the f*ck. after the second one, people were lost for words.

panthersballboy

Juniors
LOL at Souths fans. Hayne was excellent apart from THAT pass. Merrit will never make a rep side as long as this kids around. He is a much better player. I think King and Lyon were the weak links in the side. Hopefully Tahu is fit for game 2 to push King in to centre although then we don't have a kicker.

JJ

Immortal
King on the wing didn't work, but he's played well there before, so will probably keep the spot

I'd much prefer wings on the wing, but NSW has a long history of playing centres out there

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is Merritt the new Alan Tongue? FMD some Canberra fans eg Skeepe piss and moan for Hindy to be dropped in favour of him, i see something similar developing.

And Merritt is sh*t

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Sure, Hayne threw the loose pass that led to the try.

He also scored a sensational solo try to balance it out. On top of that, he was solid at the back, and IIRC took a few high balls to boot.

He will keep his place. I cannot say the same for some of the other debutants.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll say right now that Hayne's try was one of the best I've seen on an Origin and indeed a RL field. Better than Slater's (offside) effort IMO. That's what I'll remember him for on debut... the pass? Well, Hodgson did it last year and he wasn't on debut and Bowman in the 05 GF... hell, the Bulldogs almost every week... He made a mistake.

El Masri wouldn't have thrown that ball away though :sarcasm: *casts line*

Bazal

Post Whore
And along with those, Wheelsy, how about we forget that magic try he scored too? Idiot....

In Jarryd's defence, the way NSW defended in that second half QLD most likely would have scored from the scrum anyway. It was a silly, overconfident play...but 18-6 up at half time should be enough to win an Origin match. You can blame Hayne all you like, if you are an idiot it's easy to blame the most obvious blunder. But what about Matt King? He directly conceded two tries, and would have given up three had Bell not had greasy hands. Or Mullen and Anasta? You'd think they were playing AFL the way they picked out the QLD back three with their kicks, absolutely horrible kicking games from both players.

And while we're at it, why not bring out the way we played in that second half? 18-6 in Origin you go out and grind away for a win. Nothing fancy, defend well and build pressure, and you will win 9 times out of 10. But we went out, and our halves played like they were trying to score off every play...it was terrible.

Basically, we sucked. We played dumb footy and it cost us the game. Jarryd made a mistake, but outside that he was one of our better players...

Bazal

Post Whore
S.S.T.I.D said:
Merritt>Hayne.

Hayne is also a diver. nice person.

There you go.

Diver?:roll: Yeah, that explains the fact that his eye was already blackening when he got up....f**king genius.

Latest posts