What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne escapes suspension, no such luck for Gibbs

caylo

Bench
Correct, but when it comes to sentencing, the injury sustained or the manner in which it is sustained is a main factor in determining that sentence. If a person kills someone by giving them an overdose of sleeping pills (i.e. a non-violent death), they are likely to receive a lesser sentence than someone who tortures a person and cuts off their arms and limbs to kill them.
If you kill someone it generally recieves a similar sentence with more depending on other factors like reason for killing, intent, psycological status etc.
If you torture someone there is often more than 1 charge which is why there is a greater variability in sentencing time (i.e if you cut off a persons arms and then killed them they would have 2 charges of grievous bodily harm and then murder).

mickdo

Coach
Irrespective if its 3 months or 2 weeks should an accidental high tackle that causes an injury be punished more than an identical accidental high tackle that does not cause injury. Your argument is flawed.

How is my argument flawed? Why shouldn't it be punished more? It caused more harm

That is the point, first you say the resulting injury should determine the severity of the punishment but then you say there was no intent so it is not illegal. You cant have it one way or another, there should be a universal rule which encompasses all senarios and unfortunatly if you suspend a player simply on extent of injury you are now punishing them for things often beyond their control.

Ok, one last time for the dummies. The injury should determine the severity of the punishment IF THE CAUSE OF THE INJURY WAS AN ILLEGAL ACTION.

mickdo

Coach
If you kill someone it generally recieves a similar sentence with more depending on other factors like reason for killing, intent, psycological status etc.
If you torture someone there is often more than 1 charge which is why there is a greater variability in sentencing time (i.e if you cut off a persons arms and then killed them they would have 2 charges of grievous bodily harm and then murder).

The sentence for the murder charge would still be greater than the one for a person who killed someone in a non-violent manner

sando88

Not a Moderator
I did an iq test in school 8 years ago I've got the results lying around somewhere AND I'd be happy to find and scan them. In fact, the teacher was so surprised she put me in the composite class so I could study a year above with some of the year 12 nerds.

Just a few corrections there. I'm glad for your sake you didn't skip ahead grades using a written test.

mate its the intenet not f**kn who wants to be spelling bee champion. u should be banned from this forum for being an asshole. now that i am no longer banned i am gonna cause sum sh*t

fanaticeel

Juniors
Wests Tigers' Gibbs facing 2-3 game ban, but Hayne and MacDougall cleared
AAP August 24, 2009 6:11PM

712632-luke-burt-parramatta-eels-hurt-rd-24.jpg

Hurt ... Luke Burt of the Eels lies on the ground after being kneed in the back by Bryce Gibbs of the Tigers during Round 24. Gibbs is to face the NRL Judiciary over the incident. Source: Getty Images

WESTS Tigers will decide on Tuesday whether to challenge Bryce Gibbs' grade two dangerous contact charge which could have the prop suspended for three game.

Gibbs was put on report after catching Parramatta's Luke Burt in the back with his knee as the winger scored a try during the Tigers' 26-18 defeat by the Eels last Friday.
The 24-year-old will miss his side's last two regular season games against Gold Coast and the Bulldogs if he make an early guilty plea - a big blow to the injury-hit Tigers' finals hopes. If he opts to fight the charge and loses, he will face a three-game suspension.
Tigers coach Tim Sheens was furious at the decision to put the 24-year-old on report and also award an eight-point try for the incident.
"I thought Gibbs was trying to pull out a bit, it was a big call,'' Sheens said on Friday. "I wasn't happy with a few of the calls and also some of the things we did.''

Sheens was also unhappy with a challenge by Jarryd Hayne on Gareth Ellis, with the Eels fullback under scrutiny for catching the English second-rower with his elbow. Hayne was not charged after the incident was looked at by the NRL video committee review.

The Colonel

Immortal
Bryce Gibbs opts to front judiciary

August 25, 2009

Article from: Australian Associated Press
WESTS Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs is to risks a three week NRL suspension by challenging the grading of his dangerous contact charge.
But if Gibbs is successful at a hearing tomorrow evening he will be free to continue playing in 10th-placed Wests Tigers' desperate bid for a finals berth over the remaining two rounds.

Gibbs was charged with grade two dangerous contact after catching Parramatta's Luke Burt in the back with his knee as the winger scored a try during the Tigers' 26-18 defeat last Friday.

He pleaded guilty today but is contesting the grading which would have given him a two match ban if he'd forgone a hearing.

He will get three weeks out if he's unsuccessful but escape a ban if he can get it reduced to a grade one offence.

AAP

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25979315-2722,00.html

SDM

First Grade
mate its the intenet not f**kn who wants to be spelling bee champion. u should be banned from this forum for being an asshole. now that i am no longer banned i am gonna cause sum sh*t

Its spelt arsehole, arsehole.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

You made a wrong turn boy,....... this is heaven,...... we're now taking you back home to
hell_logo_white-thumb.jpg

where you belong...
HELL.GIF

Cheney_and_Bush_Borg.jpg

TheBorg.jpg

Booooooooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

macnaz

Staff member
Seriously>i dont understand why you dont understand my comments, its pretty much straight forward sh*t.I dont talk in riddles so you should be able to understand what i actually say.I would suggest its just you dont understand logic or common sence when people speak it.Seriously!For you to say you didnt understand my last post really tells me a lot about you.
Ya f**king goose.It wasnt hard to figure out.
:crazy:I wouldnt have a clue what u are saying half the time either .. I did understand u predicted parra to win by 30 or 40 tho .:shock: Close !!

sando88

Not a Moderator
OK Sando....home boy..home boy lol Nothing left to say here;-)

wtf. was that suppose to be a go at me being a westie. well ur wrong i live on south coast and i dont dress like a f**kn loser westie lad. i am indie style

macnaz

Staff member
wtf. was that suppose to be a go at me being a westie. well ur wrong i live on south coast and i dont dress like a f**kn loser westie lad. i am indie style
No !! i was saying go home back to the WT forum, your time here has expired i think :lol:. Oh and whats wrong with Westie style ?

Last edited:

sando88

Not a Moderator
wat the f**k. now i know the nrl is f**ked up. 3 games. omg i could whinge and whine for a few paragraphs but this is downright stupid. theres at least 10 cases they could have used to get gibbs off. f**k me dead

Latest posts