What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne has a fine coming his way

magpie4ever

First Grade
Mannah is already co captain, I like Peats but he's only got 50 odd first grade games under his belt, most of them as an interchange player and let's not forget I only just got suspended for off field behaviour issues.

True, Parra does have problems regards senior players with captain potential (that's why I suggested Peats - from left field). Hayne just isn't a competent communicator - when talking to the referees - it is only to bag them; it doesn't add to his game.

Tim Mannah is just too quiet to be a captain.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Time the refs started penalising and marching 10mins. Players know what is and isn;t allowed anymore. To see Hayne act like a spoilt kid then get pulled out and chastised was a joke. Straight penalty. Any more lip and in the bin.

Hayne will be playing for Perth one day,you best be nice to your future overlord

True, Parra does have problems regards senior players with captain potential (that's why I suggested Peats - from left field). Hayne just isn't a competent communicator - when talking to the referees - it is only to bag them; it doesn't add to his game.

Tim Mannah is just too quiet to be a captain.

maybe he leaves it too late instead of fronting up the first time theres an issue he lets it go then when there has been a string of penalties he goes in fired up and blows his top at them

Danny-Boy

Juniors
if the roosters can put 50 on us playing like shit i'd hate to see them playing well

Yeah every now and again a team with something to prove comes out and spanks them. Roosters got smashed by Souths the week before so you'd expect them to come out and give it everything they've got.

magpie4ever

First Grade
maybe he leaves it too late instead of fronting up the first time theres an issue he lets it go then when there has been a string of penalties he goes in fired up and blows his top at them

That is why he is not a captain. Peats could be having a word on the run, as he is continually around the ruck (only my idea, as to a suitable captain for Parra).

El Diablo

Post Whore
another I Bleed Moron fail http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nrl-over-referee-comments-20140324-hvm9i.html

Parramatta Eels captain Jarryd Hayne won't be sanctioned by NRL over referee comments

Date
March 24, 2014 - 3:50PM

Brad Walter
Chief Rugby League Writer

Parramatta skipper Jarryd Hayne has been cleared of any breach of NRL rules for his criticism of the match officials in Sunday's last-minute loss to Manly at Brookvale Oval.

A furious Hayne labelled the refereeing of the game as "disgraceful" after referee Jared Maxwell's initial decision to award a line-dropout by the Sea Eagles was overturned and the home side awarded a penalty for a high tackle on Daly Cherry-Evans in the in-goal area in the 77th minute.

Manly centre Steve Matai scored at the other end with 49 seconds remaining on the clock and Jamie Lyon's conversion gave the home team a 22-18.

‘‘I want to try and hold my tongue,’’ Hayne told Triple M at full-time. ‘‘I can’t believe some of the decisions that were out there. Disgraceful - if I get in trouble for saying that it is a joke.

“We worked our arses off today - we were the better team. To get the decisions to go against us the way they did is upsetting. Every little thing we were being jumped on. We threw everything at them and it’s devastating the way we lost.”

There had been suggestions Hayne faced a $10,000 fine from the NRL but Fairfax Media has been told the Eels superstar will escape sanction as he did not overstep the guidelines for criticising match referees.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So true. It's a fun read.

Gotta give credit to Eelementary though. Well done sir, total respect.

Naw! I'm blushing!

I thought it was an entertaining game. There was a lot of dropped ball, but Parramatta came to play and, even though Manly were under-strength, they found a way to win. A good game of Sunday footy.

Being on next week!

afinalsin666

First Grade
You can only be done for bringing the integrity of the referees into question yeah? You are a OK to call then incompetent as much as you like, as long as you don't imply they are specifically favoring a side.

Justafan

Juniors
Well, the way I see it, to call the refs cheats is calling into question their integrity = bringing the game into disrepute = $10,000 fine.

To call the refs performance in the Parra-Manly game disgraceful is questioning their performance = the truth = no fine.

Nice and simple.