What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne headbutt=grub

Knightmare

Coach
Would love to know what Slater said to Hayne in the lead up to that head-butt. We all know Billy doesn't mind scrummaging through the gutter for sledging material. Perhaps he can go to his room and have a cry about getting sent off?

oldmancraigy

Coach
having seen both they are both soft incidents.

headbutt barely connected and slater hit thin air.

but if hayne gets a suspension so should slater.

In context of the game, the Slater one is MUCH MUCH worse - doesn't matter that he didn't hit anything, Smith had just been told to 'settle his team down' and 5 plays later Slater attacks someones head with a wild swinging forarm. Which would be bad considering the caution - but SO MUCH worse considering it was the same player he had just been in an altercation with.

Frankly they should just let them both off so they can play Origin and hit each other again :sarcasm:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Would love to know what Slater said to Hayne in the lead up to that head-butt. We all know Billy doesn't mind scrummaging through the gutter for sledging material. Perhaps he can go to his room and have a cry about getting sent off?

Lip reading the situation it was pretty clear that Slater said "I'm gonna tell my mom what you did"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think the Melbourne thuggry is adding to the games. They are just doing whatever they feel like as they have no real repercussions. So you are seeing ALOT of niggle in the matches and they are being played at a really intense pace.

Like Adam Blairs one man grubathon against the Raiders that put a lot of spark in that game. So the fact they are dirty cheats as a club and going out there just to niggle and be jerks is making some exciting games.

hellteam

First Grade
They were both illegal - but there wasn't really that much in them.

I hope they both don't get suspended. Please. We want to see the best players in Origin.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Slater's elbow is just like in Origin last year, when him and Thurston and others all started beating up the Blues player off the kick off.

Slater is a merkin.

You say Hayne is a cheap shot merkin? standing face to face?? Slater elbows to the head during a tackle. Slater is the cheap shot merkin. Feet first into tackles trying to save a try. Slater is such a douche.

natheel

Coach
well in the hayne tackle where slater was sent...as billy was coming in he was kinda laughing and hayne was laughing with a grin on his face all the way down....i think they were just putting it on tbh and the other players got a bit carried away ahaha but i loved seeing poore and white putting hits on eachother at the back of the fight laughing

Glenn

First Grade
If Hayne goes for that, then Slater will be joining him either for the punches after the incident or a deliberate elbow up the other end.

Greenbits

Juniors
Should both sit out. Pretty soft though.

Vidot got suspended for lifting his knees in the fight when he was king hit by Rogers last year. He didn't connect, but apparently intent was enough. If the judiciary is consistant :roll:, Slater goes.

johns_reds

First Grade
"Slaters elbow" i saw tahu do about 5 of them in state of origin number 1, slater shouldn't get any time, hayne however, he'll be biting his nails

Avenger

Immortal
I was there and saw it.

It was dumb but only a tap. Probably a week or two. Just added to the drama of the match which blew up more a few minutes later when slater and mortimer got marched.

It was nothing a tap at best. Slater is a an A class cat.

Danish

Referee
Grade 1 striking at worst. Slater deserves the same for his elbowing effort that started the melee, and probably something for the forearm too.

Both will not be charged, or if they are will hire thurston's lawyer and be let off.