What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

gallagher

Juniors
how on earth can you say gibbs was intentional? nice spelling btw dickweed

Gibbs' got a bad reputation so therefore is guilty. Hayne is the NRL's golden boy at the moment so there in no intent. Thats how intentions are worked out by the judiciary and Parra supporter knobs.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gibbs hit Burt in the arse, hayne got Goodwin in the head. Exact same circumstances.

However anybody thinking he will get suspended are in Disneyland. The nrl won't let it happen.

Hari Kari

Juniors
How is it precedent dickhead?

Gibbs smacked Burt in the back INTENTIALLY.

Hayne did nothing intentionally and didn't hit his knees into any part of his body...it was his thigh.

You are a moron of the highest order.

If Gibbs was intentional then Hayne was pre-meditated.

Hayne must be suspended or the judiciary is exposed as farcial.

munge

Juniors
Can someone say who is defending Hayne answer this

What was Hayne trying to do by going in with the knees if it was accidental? Going in with the knees had no benefits to anything? if he was trying to make the tackle you go in with your chest.

Sood

Juniors
He would get suspended in regular season, but i think wont for a GF. NRL wont allow that, and i like it like that.

Only reason Cam Smith was suspended last year was cause there was no doubt about what he did. Hayne's incident is not as clear cut imo.

Raider_69

Post Whore
who gives a sh*t about Gibbs?
Since when did two wrongs make a right?

There is no way an accidental knock like that should cost a bloke a GF game. It was no more intentional than Miller's head clash on Weyman. You cant charge a bloke for accidental contact, Hayne was racing in to stop a try, once he realised he couldnt stop it, he did all he could to avoid dangerous contact, but when you're racing in at 100 miles an hour, unfortunately you cant stop on a dime

innsaneink

Referee
Burt actually twisted and changed direction slightly, somewhat contributing himself to the Gibbs incident....Haynes imo was worse, there is precedent despite what some wish to believe

Funky Munky

Juniors

There is no way an accidental knock like that should cost a bloke a GF game. It was no more intentional than Miller's head clash on Weyman. You cant charge a bloke for accidental contact, Hayne was racing in to stop a try, once he realised he couldnt stop it, he did all he could to avoid dangerous contact, but when you're racing in at 100 miles an hour, unfortunately you cant stop on a dime

you might want to read what you just wrote again mate...

2 wrongs dont make a right? who the f**k is saying that. 2 wrongs = wrong is what most people are saying. gibbs was bad, haynes was worse. therefore, hayne should get more than 3 weeks

not even gonna go into the next bit cos you clearly a f**king moron

Hari Kari

Juniors

It's not about two wrongs making a right, it's about being consistent with rulings.

You just quoted what would have been Gibb's defense, reasonable for a lumbering tired prop but hardly reasonable for fleet footed, spiders all over him Jared Hayne.

He has to go.

gallagher

Juniors

Because they suspended Gibbs in an identical incident. Consistency.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Because they suspended Gibbs in an identical incident. Consistency.

As said, 2 wrongs dont make it right
if you think the Gibbs call was wrong, then you can support Haynes suspension for the sake of consistancy, the only thing worse then inconsistancy is being consistantly WRONG.

I believe there is marked differences in both cases, which makes Gibbs incident worse, but i think his charge was harsh and i dont believe Hayne should be charged, he did all he could at that speed to avoid dangerous contact. These things happen in RL. Thats why its the toughest collision sport in the world.

My simple point is stated above. Being wrong for the sake of consistancy WORSE than inconsistancy.
My example, if one bloke gets sent to prision falsely, should we send the next bloke to prision for close to identical circumstances, knowing full well its the wrong decision, just for consistancy's sake? No.
The Gibbs call was wrong, we all seem to universially agree with that, so suspending Hayne for consisntancy purposes only continues the injustice... no one can bring back Gibbs for those games but we can end this ridiculous "precedent" with the CORRECT ruling here with Hayne. And i believe that is what will happen

Last edited:

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Ah, doggie tears. So sweet. How do you get under the ball? If you lead head first you have no control over the attacker, he'll be on your back. Only other way is a mid air dive/twist, and he was way too close to pull off that, if he was even able to. People talk about the Hayne bandwagon, I think the Hayne hate bandwagons bigger. But you can't help that, he's carved up to many teams. Better luck next year lads!

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Probably deserves to be suspended.. BUT I hate it when people are ruled out for grand finals and i hope it doesn't happen

Latest posts