What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

gallagher

Juniors
Why do they need to be consistant if they are WRONG?

Surely getting the right result is more important than being consistant?
If they've made the wrong call once, why should others have to suffer the same injustice? It makes absolutely no sense that you believe the Gibbs call was wrong but are now calling on the judicary to make the same WRONG call for the sake of consistantly being WRONG...

Going by this crazy logic, that ridiculous call against the Dogs early in the year becomes the consistant call. The send off of Douglas becomes the norm, for the sake of consistancy of course. A forward pass got missed tonight, for mine that was a mistake but for the sake of consistancy, we should now allow ALL forward passes :roll: are we serious!?

So Scott Logan say gets sent off in the first minute for a lazy high shot. The next set that the opponents are defending,says wests, and Gibbs does a similar lazy head shot. No send off for him. You'd be happy with that result?

Raider_69

Post Whore
48,000 + posts , i feel sorry for the poor farkers at the Raiders having to read your utter Bull Sh$t all the time. Far dinkum your full of crap.

well done, now back to bed whilst the adults discuss the matter.
If you've got something worth while to contribute by all means, but if you'd rather play the man and not the ball because you lack the required intelligence and nous to discuss the issue, then i suggest you remove yourself from the discussion before you make a fool of yourself.

in the regular season, he might get 1 week.. but since its the GF, i think a 1 week suspension (the GF) would be too harsh

Who cares if it's a GF...if he gets banned then it is the next game.

This whole "please dont' suspend a player for a GF" line is a load of crap.

Definitely deserves to miss out. You don't dive on a players head with your knees, there was no way at all that he could have stopped the try.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

People against Jarryd Hayne in this incident have absolutely no credibility what-so ever.

You must think fairy touches are worth a penalty?

He did not lead with his knees, he tucked his knees in and changed direction the best he could in the time he had. It turned out Hayne's Thigh got Goodwin not his knee.

It was unfortunate, There was nothing in it, Like Cayless's knee to Patten. Unfortunate.

f**k me!!!

Nothing in it.

He gets suspended its a joke.

He didn't even hit him with his knee...it was his thigh...

Whats more of a joke was the penalty against the "chicken wing"

Someone sticks their arm out to fend...moving forward...and a player trying to grab him...and he falls on his arm he's trying to fend with...and he get's the penalty.

I don't give a rat's arse if he was injured..it shouldn't have been a penalty. Was just football..just a knee-jerk reaction to an injury.

Whats more the Bulldogs are laying around the ruck, not even attempting to roll away from the ruck at all. Absolute rubbish tactic.

Really wish...someone would trample Ennis. Little grub. I'd love to see him run over.

Haha.... But your not biased are you!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
So Scott Logan say gets sent off in the first minute for a lazy high shot. The next set that the opponents are defending,says wests, and Gibbs does a similar lazy head shot. No send off for him. You'd be happy with that result?

At the time, god no, im fuming at the ridiculous call that see's Logan sent off. The heat of the moment gets to me. After calming down, maybe a few days later, i wouldnt be complaining about the fact Gibbs didnt get sent off, i'd be complaining about the fact that Logan did.

2 WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT.
I dont care what happens, making the RIGHT decision is absolutely paramount. Making the wrong decisions for the sake of consistantly being wrong is absolutely absurd

gallagher

Juniors
At the time, god no, im fuming at the ridiculous call that see's Logan sent off. The heat of the moment gets to me. After calming down, maybe a few days later, i wouldnt be complaining about the fact Gibbs didnt get sent off, i'd be complaining about the fact that Logan did.

2 WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT.
I dont care what happens, making the RIGHT decision is absolutely paramount. Making the wrong decisions for the sake of consistantly being wrong is absolutely absurd

Fair enough, I see your point.I have a different way of thinking though. Right or wrong I want consistency. If a team is allowed to lay all over the play the ball and the other team is getting penalised for doing the same. I'm not happy. Consistency is what I want.

Hari Kari

Juniors
I think there is more in the chicken wing than the knees.
If anything, the judiciary will spare Hayne, although in answer to someone saying "you wont be able to dive in to stop a try anymore", they are called your arms, and the torso, and the shoulders.
all are readily available, he chose the knees, now he waits.

Exactly, when it came to putting bodies on the line, Jared chose to put Bronx Goodwin's body on the line rather than his own, now he must pay for it.

Looking at the NRL site, you have a charge of "dropping knees" available. There are 5 gradings available.
There is no doubt Hayne dropped his knees collecting Goodwin in the head after he scored. I can't see how it isn't at least a grade 1. A grade 1 is 200 points. I don't like his chances of playing in the GF. After consulting the video ref, it was given a possible 8 point try and put on report. How on earth can he not at least get a grade 1 dropping knees charge?

Finally some sense!

He chose to tackle with his knees.

He has chosen to sit out the Grand Final!

Scorpio30

Bench
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

People against Jarryd Hayne in this incident have absolutely no credibility what-so ever.

You must think fairy touches are worth a penalty?

He did not lead with his knees, he tucked his knees in and changed direction the best he could in the time he had. It turned out Hayne's Thigh got Goodwin not his knee.

It was unfortunate, There was nothing in it, Like Cayless's knee to Patten. Unfortunate.

f**k me!!!

How the f**k do you do that?

big boppa eel

Juniors
spot on mate...absolutely spot on.
You poor merkin Gibbs is and always has been a piece of sh*t thug with carry over points, Hayne is a smart ass at times but not a thug, and by the way go f**k yourself ass wipe we are in the GRAND FINAL, and you well?:lol::lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
I thought Gibbs was hard done by. I'm also on the record as saying big games should not be taken into consideration when handing out suspensions.

Having said that if Hayne is suspended:

• Thurson should have copped 6 weeks from Origin III
  • Slater should have been driven out of the game long ago
  • The marketing arm of the NRL is non existent, or worse, run by an orang-utang, or funky munkey.
  • The local blouse company will make a killing at the GF.
Hayne will get off, and win the Clive Churchill, and we'll all live happily ever after except bitter Tigers fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Fair enough, I see your point.I have a different way of thinking though. Right or wrong I want consistency. If a team is allowed to lay all over the play the ball and the other team is getting penalised for doing the same. I'm not happy. Consistency is what I want.

I know what your saying. Consistancy is needed, but it needs to be right more than anything else, no point being consistant if you're making the wrong call.
If you always make the right call, you'll be consistant 100% of the time. But being wrong once shouldnt change what is deemed the norm.

As i said, i saw a forward pass let go, that doesnt mean we should be allowing ALL forward passes. I've seen fair try's for Canberra disallowed and no try's against us allowed, if i applied this consistancy logic, we probably wouldnt see another try scored again! You know, for the sake of consistantly being wrong.

gallagher

Juniors
You poor merkin Gibbs is and always has been a piece of sh*t thug with carry over points, Hayne is a smart ass at times but not a thug, and by the way go f**k yourself ass wipe we are in the GRAND FINAL, and you well?:lol::lol:

Its not his go. He just bites women.

You will be cannon fodder for whoever you play!

nrlnrl

First Grade
If he's only charged with grade 1 dangerous contact, that's 100 points. He had a dangerous throw charge from round 12 last year & that means 20% loading to the base penalty for a prior non-similar offence ( in the last 2 years ), but if he takes the early plea, that's a 25% discount of the base penalty & would bring him under 100 points....

sorry if that's complicated, but in summary I think a grade 1 dangerous contact charge would mean he's ok !

Latest posts