What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Gronk

Staff member

ImTheMan

Juniors
Hello.

George Pell was a horrible human. End.

Hayne outrage ?
When the Hayne verdict in the now worst run third trial of them all was finally reached no one was allowed to question anything here or they were apparently enablers. My source on Pell is not an ABC article who was making songs about him being guilty even before his charged, it is the supreme justices unanimous decision that the events were implausible. There is not much similarity between the two, other than the plausibility of the events happening as described by the complainants. As for what Pell himself knew about others, not tested in a court so no real comment.

Gronk

Staff member
When the Hayne verdict in the now worst run third trial of them all was finally reached no one was allowed to question anything here or they were apparently enablers. My source on Pell is not an ABC article who was making songs about him being guilty even before his charged, it is the supreme justices unanimous decision that the events were implausible. There is not much similarity between the two, other than the plausibility of the events happening as described by the complainants. As for what Pell himself knew about others, not tested in a court so no real comment.

Sure mate, just scuttlebutt. I apologise to the great man.

As a member of the surf club I’d be there at least every Saturday or Sunday, I had kids involved in surf-lifesaving and was pretty active myself,” Tyack said.

“I walked into the change rooms and Pell was in there and he was facing three young boys, towelling his back. Then I went to have a shower and he was still standing there when I got out, this time with the towel draped over his shoulder and full-frontal facing the boys.”

In his statement to the royal commission, Tyack said the boys appeared to be about eight to 10 years old and about two to three metres in front of Pell on the bench along the opposite wall to the entrance.

Tyack said the boys were dressed by the time he got out of the shower, and he told them to gather their belongings and leave the room. He said he then allegedly spoke to Pell.

“I said; ‘I know what you’re up to. Get dressed and piss off, and don’t come back to the surf club. If I see you here again, I’ll call the police.”

He said he never saw Pell again.

So what did you accuse me of re: Hayne ?

ImTheMan

Juniors
Gronk it's like someone else said, I don't personally know what these people are like in real life nor do I care, I only care about the cases they were involved in reaching the correct conclusions as it can happen to others. IDC if it is a bum off the street or Hayne. Both cases look like they will reach their correct decision eventually but the time Hayne has missed with his family is irreversible and the process damaging if innocent.

I did lifesaving and swimming, and there were often old men in the rooms changing on full display throughout the day with no shame. We found it weird, would not do it myself, where do I go to report this to the guardian? I'm not really interested in anecdotes neither were the courts apparently. He could be whatever you imagine him to be but I only care about the law.

I am the first to dig the knife in if someone is punished justly.

God bless you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, naked men in the showers with children is creepy but not criminal. I think it was more accepted in previous generations, before every merkin assumed every man (especially priests) were pedophiles.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not really interested in anecdotes neither were the courts apparently.
That is a falsehood.

In 2018, a jury unanimously found Pell guilty "beyond reasonable doubt" of five child sexual offenses.

All three Court of Appeal judges thoroughly and independently considered all the evidence.

George Pell claimed that it was impossible for him to assault the altar boys during a small window of privacy. The High Court found that because the Crown failed to pursue and exhaust this claim, he was not given procedural fairness, and accordingly, the jury could not have made their decision beyond reasonable doubt. The High Court held that the jury and the Court of Appeal decisions were "unsafe."

The decision had nothing to do with "anecdotes"; there was no evidence that was discredited or shown as false, and the witnesses were not held to be unreliable. It was a decision on a technicality alone that quashed his conviction.

Justice for the rich ?

ImTheMan

Juniors
The anecdote was the shower, the unanimous high court decision is not what I was talking about and not influenced by money. The "small window of privacy" placed them too far away from the alleged act in the scope of time of the morning and outside of public eye. What's money got to do with Hayne either other than draining it? There a significant errors in his trials and when I said so even after the 3rd you were quashing posts, no pun intended.

The real question is why does an appeal take as long as a sentence in this case?

Sidenote yes it seemed to be the "greatest generation" before boomers that didn't give a shit who was in public changerooms, definitely weird but always seemed to be a lot of them and for reasons Pou described it's not common now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is a falsehood.

In 2018, a jury unanimously found Pell guilty "beyond reasonable doubt" of five child sexual offenses.

All three Court of Appeal judges thoroughly and independently considered all the evidence.

George Pell claimed that it was impossible for him to assault the altar boys during a small window of privacy. The High Court found that because the Crown failed to pursue and exhaust this claim, he was not given procedural fairness, and accordingly, the jury could not have made their decision beyond reasonable doubt. The High Court held that the jury and the Court of Appeal decisions were "unsafe."

The decision had nothing to do with "anecdotes"; there was no evidence that was discredited or shown as false, and the witnesses were not held to be unreliable. It was a decision on a technicality alone that quashed his conviction.

Justice for the rich ?

So is Pell guilty or not? What are you presuming?

Pell's dead baby. Pell's dead.

peter greene gimp GIF

T-Boon

Coach
That is a falsehood.

Justice for the rich ?

You’ve got to read the judgement yourself it’s on the high court website. It went way beyond a technicality. It’s probably the most damning judgement ever about a jury.
100% the Victorian police trolled for years to get something that they could get across the line on Pell and they managed to find a equally evil jury.
“Evil” Is a bit much - but it was a disgraceful verdict.

Gronk

Staff member
You’ve got to read the judgement yourself it’s on the high court website. It went way beyond a technicality. It’s probably the most damning judgement ever about a jury.
100% the Victorian police trolled for years to get something that they could get across the line on Pell and they managed to find a equally evil jury.
“Evil” Is a bit much - but it was a disgraceful verdict.
The judgement is nothing of the sort.

It wasn't an evil jury, because the court of appeal supported their decision.

T-Boon

Coach
The judgement is nothing of the sort.

It wasn't an evil jury, because the court of appeal supported their decision.
Weinberg, the criminal expert of the 3, dissented and said he should have been found not guilty.
Go read the high court judgement or else keep your hatred based opinion of the case out of it.

Gronk

Staff member
Weinberg, the criminal expert of the 3, dissented and said he should have been found not guilty.
Go read the high court judgement or else keep your hatred based opinion of the case out of it.
I did read it. Next.

Gronk

Staff member
He was swinging it around for a few minutes by the sounds and talking to the boys.
No, it was out before the life saver chap went to have a shower. Then he came out of the shower and it was still out. That's when the aspect of reasonably left the room.

Did you read the evidence from the Royal Commission of Pell and a kid in the pool and what happened under water ? You're good at researching, look it up.

What about how Pell sandbagged paedophile priests? The RC has a bit to about that.

T-Boon

Coach
What was your favourite bits ?
Where they implied the second alleged incident was essentially so bullshit that the jury should have “had a reasonable doubt”. They never go further than using reasonable doubt but they were definitely saying “FFS that’s BS”.