What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Officialy Re-signs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hayne poised to sign
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By James Phelps

December 12, 2007 12:00am

THE race to sign one of rugby league's hottest talents should end today with Australian Test star Jarryd Hayne poised to re-sign with the Eels.

Hayne has agreed to a new-deal with Parramatta - ending months of speculation over his future. Hayne's manager Wayne Beavis last night said his star client was "likely'' to sign a new deal with the Eels today.

"It more likely than not that the deal will be done,'' said Beavis. "But I don't like to say anything until the ink is on the paper. It's close but it hasn't been done yet. I am just about to send them an email hoping it could be done soon.''

Hayne, one of the most sought after players on the market, could have commanded up to $400,000 a season on the open market with both the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs vying for his signature.

Hayne, however, was prepared to take a bit less and stay loyal to the club that gave him his start. "I want to stay at Parra,'' Hayne said. "It's where I was born and where I got my start. I really don't see myself leaving.

"I see myself as just a kid still growing ... so there's no point chasing coin and the massive deals. Right now, there's no reason to leave or go chasing money here or in England.''

The Rabbitohs have stepped up their bid to sign outstanding local junior John Sutton after failing to snare Hayne. Souths boss Shane Richardson confirmed Sutton was a "priority'' after the club missed out on the Eels winger.

"We have had some discussions and we are hopeful of working something out soon,'' Richardson said. Sutton, considered by many to be a future representative player, met with Richardson last week.

Manager Steve Gillis said his client's preference was to remain at the Rabbitohs. "Shane wants to get John sorted out as soon as possible,'' Gillis said.

"We have already begun negotiations. John has indicated to me that if we can strike a deal with South than he would be happy not to look at any other options. He is a local junior and he would like to stay. Talks so far have been positive.''

The Rabbitohs are also interested in Hayne's teammate Krisian Inu.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22908054-5006066,00.html

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it only says a two year contract

I believe he was already signed for next year so I am assuming it takes him through till 2010

Gronk

Staff member
Two years is strategic. It will be around the end of the Hindy/Cayless era and he will be able to reassess the club's competitiveness. Should he choose to stay, their retirements will also free up significant coin for a major contract.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
it only says a two year contract

I believe he was already signed for next year so I am assuming it takes him through till 2010

that's right...and that's what he wanted, we offered him 5 years :?

he was also be getting a sweetner for next year using PJ's old 08 slice.

lewiscook

Juniors
hey guys,

i as you all are, are very happy bout this news in retaing hayne...
i find it some what exciting as it is not everyday we reatin an outstanding junior (not mentioning any name COUGH! fitzy)
the thing that has me worried is that we only have him retained atr the club till 2010,
which is when he will sign his biggest contract...
so lets hope his loyalty will remain an not a myth!

lewiscook

Juniors
Eels re-sign Hayne until 2010

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 6:49 AM
Parramatta are set to announce the re-signing of star winger Jarryd Hayne for a further two seasons, keeping him at the club until the end of 2010.
The Eels have organised a press conference for 9am Wednesday morning, but club chief executive Denis Fitzgerald confirmed Parramatta had secured the NSW and Test winger on a contract extension.
South Sydney had attempted to recruit Hayne, but the 19-year-old decided to remain with the club which handed him his NRL debut in 2006.
"He's contracted until 2008 and we've added two years for 2009 and 2010," Fitzgerald told Sydney radio 2KY.
The Eels will now turn their attention towards retaining Kiwi Test centre and fellow young gun Krisnan Inu.
Inu is off contract next year but the Eels are confident "there is enough in the bikkie tin" to offer the impressive 20-year-old a competitive upgraded deal to stay at Parramatta.

WOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOO

yeh boys an girls the future is looking bright!!!!!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
By 2010 the eels will have room under the salary cap to re-sign hayne again so don't worry about that ;)

So i guess buying a house in another suburb doesn't mean you are leaving clubs haha
And danny weidler, wrong again

Stagger eel

Staff member
hindmarsh4pm said:
By 2010 the eels will have room under the salary cap to re-sign hayne again so don't worry about that ;)

So i guess buying a house in another suburb doesn't mean you are leaving clubs haha
And danny weidler, wrong again

to be fair on Danny...he always mainteined that Souths were after him, I think he stopped short of saying that he was definitely heading there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's great news..but I'll save the woohoo when or if INU signs and that probably won't be for a while.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eelavation said:
it's great news..but I'll save the woohoo when or if INU signs and that probably won't be for a while.
as long as he re-signs ;-) i saw inu out at the weekend, he said he is not going anywhere

Latest posts