What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne out the rest of the year?

am i the only one who thinks unless jarryd comes back for the eels and shows some form before the end of the season he won't be in the world cup?

Chipmunk

Coach
SMH reporting Hayne back vs Brisbane in 2wks...sorry cant link it as I've used my 'quota' of read articles for the month apparently & need to pay to look an any more??!!??

The Canberra Times has the same articles, because it is also a Fairfax paper. If you replace the smh part of the URL with canberratimes it should come up.

Springs

First Grade
am i the only one who thinks unless jarryd comes back for the eels and shows some form before the end of the season he won't be in the world cup?

If he hasn't played for 4 or 5 months before the world cup no way will he be in it. They can't pick someone whose injury is apparently that bad he needed to miss over half the season. Sheens would pick Boyd, the Morris twins, Jennings, Tate, Stewart, Dugan etc before him. If he comes back and shows that he's up to it he'll be the first winger picked but otherwise he shouldn't be chosen.

lingard

Coach
Look I agree with the essence of Lingard's post (partic. given the knobhead post to which he was replying) . I do, however, get the idea that people don't think too hard about the causal links between having (and paying) a superstar like Jarryd, and the quality of the other players who take up the remainder of the cap. This is, in no way a criticism of JH or Hindy. But the posts last year along the lines of 'sign him at any cost' were a little misguided (I'm happy we've got him....don't get me wrong).

Yes, you've got a point - and as he gets older, slower, and more injury-prone, the club will certainly have to take that into account. But for the moment, I can't think of another 'superstar' of the game who could have carried this side like he has. Could Thurston or Inglis, or, say, Lockyer or Fittler have - with no other stars around them - had such an influence on a side as Hayne has? I'm not too sure they could.
Has Hayne's salary prevented us from buying other quality players up 'til now? Who knows?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hayne has been a great player for us but his body just isn't up to it anymore.

He had a good career. Thanks Jarryd.

Someone

Bench
Hayne has been a great player for us but his body just isn't up to it anymore.

He had a good career. Thanks Jarryd.

lets look at his career, the important facts...

- 2 time wooden spoon winner
- 17 Injuries
- Played under 9 different coaches
- Shot at once (2008)
- 2 headbutts

He will be remembered as one of Parramatta's best.

Suitman

Post Whore

- 17 Injuries
- Shot at once (2008)
- 2 headbutts

Brilliant!! :lol:

Suity

mrpwnd

Bench
Oh the irony of it. The quote should read "spoke to Tim last week and said I'll only play Hayne if he needs him for the WC"
How you want the quote to turn out and how it actually turns out are two different things. Otherwise I could very well twist the same kind of stuff all day long and claim whatever I want.

EDIT: I believe this is from the horse's mouth then eh?
"Stuart said a discussion with Australian coach Tim Sheens would influence his decision whether to rest Hayne or not . "I will talk to Tim Sheens and see what his plans are with regards to Jarryd and the Australian team," Stuart said. "If he hasn't got plans for Jarryd - which I am sure he will have - I might just rest him up for the rest of the year."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-season-20130726-2qq1f.html#ixzz2aXBP9FPT

Interesting article, but you conveniently skip the right things don't you?

"It was a very serious injury, the hamstring, with regards to where it was. It was right in the junction on top of his leg I don't want him to be in the position for the rest of his career that he will have a niggling hamstring.
"He is an explosive player and the last thing I want to do is have him [hampered] by it for the rest of his career. I want him to have it fixed."
Again, my original point stands, is it so bad for Stuart to want Hayne FULLY recovered? I still stand by my original position that Hayne should definitely be rested for the rest of the season regardless of World cup footy or not.

mrpwnd

Bench
"He will be ready again but whether I play him again is another thing," Stuart told Triple M.

Now instead of wasting everyone's time with you pulling shit out of your arse why don't you spend it more constructively by looking for your manners and learning to f##king comprehend what you read?

Right back at you mate, just look at my above post. It seems I in my effort to spend time productively I had to do some reading for you. I'll admit, it was a good read though and your initial quote from the article had me taken aback.

mrpwnd

Bench
Probably not.
Coming back off an injury, not really a winger anymore, behind 2-3 other fullbacks.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

- 17 Injuries
- Shot at once (2008)
- 2 headbutts

:lol::lol: this made me laugh!

BennyBoy

Juniors
How you want the quote to turn out and how it actually turns out are two different things. Otherwise I could very well twist the same kind of stuff all day long and claim whatever I want.

Interesting article, but you conveniently skip the right things don't you?

Again, my original point stands, is it so bad for Stuart to want Hayne FULLY recovered? I still stand by my original position that Hayne should definitely be rested for the rest of the season regardless of World cup footy or not.

Lol twist away to your hearts content tough guy it don't bother me but your original
point was we made it up and were just talking shit while your superior opinion was based on what stuart said. Well I have now shown you Stuart said many things you illmanered blowhard so stop talking shit as I find you boring.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Lol twist away to your hearts content tough guy it don't bother me but your original
point was we made it up and were just talking shit while your superior opinion was based on what stuart said. Well I have now shown you Stuart said many things you illmanered blowhard so stop talking shit as I find you boring.

Shut up.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Wow BennyBoy burst onto the scene.

Mate I just joined to have civil discussion with fellow eels fans about our team because I'm isolated down here in Melbourne. No need for poor manners and denigrating my opinion just coz the fool didn't like what I was saying was there?

Mate I just joined to have civil discussion with fellow eels fans about our team because I'm isolated down here in Melbourne. No need for poor manners and denigrating my opinion just coz the fool didn't like what I was saying was there?

You really should check out TheFilthySpammers.

#justsayin

Latest posts