What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne out the rest of the year?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This! If he is right to play he should be playing. Did gallen get rested when the sharks kept missing the finals? What about thurston now they wont make the semis? Did smith slater and cronk sit out the season they were playing for no points? This just typifies the soft loser culture we have here at parra

Agree mate. It's weak as piss.

mrpwnd

Bench
Stuart has hinted he'l be right to play the last few games if sheens wants him for the World Cup. This suggests he will be fit soon
Being right to play and being 100% fit are 2 separate things. What a stupid thing to do to play your best player knowing that he's still very likely to aggravate an injury that hasn't entirely recovered yet.

Not really having a go at you, but I think too many people are taking in the random ramblings of Gould who spent the better half of the Eels game bitching about this same issue. Funny how there's always a few of those in every thread who feel the need to copy+paste everything Gould says just to sound like they know something.

Again, who said he's fit?

eel speel

Juniors
We pay his wages correct. I'd rather him not play for Aus to be honest. Id rather him have the rest of the year off and be fully fit for a big pre season to work on the combinations with Norman, Hopoate etc.

Why risk him when we have nothing to gain? When we can play it safe and wreek the benefits next year. That's when he will earn his pay packet.

because the fans want to see him play. they buy the jerseys, the club plays the wages, he's an entertainer and people want to see that!

mrpwnd

Bench
This! If he is right to play he should be playing. Did gallen get rested when the sharks kept missing the finals?
Different injury, Stuart already stressed the unique nature of the injury - which I would have thought was obvious given the initial 'diagnosis' of 2-3 weeks. Not everything goes according to plan. It did in Gallens case and in many others. Some, not so much.

What about thurston now they wont make the semis? Did smith slater and cronk sit out the season they were playing for no points? This just typifies the soft loser culture we have here at parra
What makes you think these 2 are even related to this situation? Hayne injured, recovery from said injury has been complicated and coach has given him the rest of the season off to fully rehab it and ensure the odds of re-injuring it are minimal.

It's easy to say shit like 'we pay for our stars so we should see them even if they have to run around with half a hammy', but it goes the other way as well. You invest in the team, wouldn't you want to make your investment all the more worth it by making sure the star/main/best player is properly looked after?

BennyBoy

Juniors
Different injury, Stuart already stressed the unique nature of the injury - which I would have thought was obvious given the initial 'diagnosis' of 2-3 weeks. Not everything goes according to plan. It did in Gallens case and in many others. Some, not so much.

What makes you think these 2 are even related to this situation? Hayne injured, recovery from said injury has been complicated and coach has given him the rest of the season off to fully rehab it and ensure the odds of re-injuring it are minimal.

It's easy to say shit like 'we pay for our stars so we should see them even if they have to run around with half a hammy', but it goes the other way as well. You invest in the team, wouldn't you want to make your investment all the more worth it by making sure the star/main/best player is properly looked after?

Unless you know a lot more about his injury than the rest of us you're also talking shit. There is nothing complicated about what many have said here, if he is NOT injured he should play, simple, if you have a different opinion then fine but no need to denigrate a differing opinion as "saying shit".

Noise

Coach

What is your opinion on Stuart letting him play only if sheens wants him for the World Cup?

mrpwnd

Bench
Unless you know a lot more about his injury than the rest of us you're also talking shit. There is nothing complicated about what many have said here, if he is NOT injured he should play, simple, if you have a different opinion then fine but no need to denigrate a differing opinion as "saying shit".
Oh the irony, i'm merely taking it directly from coaches mouth

We have to be careful not to put him in a position where the hamstring doesn't get proper care and, most of all, is not completely healed. That might be hard for Parramatta fans to cop. They want him back as soon as possible.

As far as i'm concerned it's the people who are demanding Hayne be returned to the field who are both jumping the gun and pulling shit out of their ass.
I call your opinion shit because it simply is, it's nothing but your own baseless assumption built around your innate desire to be a pointless skeptic.

If the most reliable source tells me the injury isn't as straightforward as you, or others, would like to think then i'm more than glad to take that over baseless speculation that's nothing more than a copy + paste of Gould's rambling. If you actually had a more reliable source that Hayne would be perfectly fit before the season's over, I'd be more than happy to listen and perhaps change my mind. But you don't.

mrpwnd

Bench
What is your opinion on Stuart letting him play only if sheens wants him for the World Cup?
I agree with it, but at the same time I don't exactly think he was hinting at that.

Last week, I went to talk to Australian coach Tim Sheens and selector Bob Fulton about their plans for Jarryd, let them know where he is at and be sure that if he goes away with the Australian team in October he is given every chance to fully and properly recover.

Show me where he says 'I'm resting Hayne simply so he can play for the world cup.'

BennyBoy

Juniors
I agree with it, but at the same time I don't exactly think he was hinting at that.

Show me where he says 'I'm resting Hayne simply so he can play for the world cup.'
Oh the irony of it. The quote should read "spoke to Tim last week and said I'll only play Hayne if he needs him for the WC"

It was in his weekend column but you can look that up yourself, you may find the research useful.

EDIT: I believe this is from the horse's mouth then eh?
"Stuart said a discussion with Australian coach Tim Sheens would influence his decision whether to rest Hayne or not . "I will talk to Tim Sheens and see what his plans are with regards to Jarryd and the Australian team," Stuart said. "If he hasn't got plans for Jarryd - which I am sure he will have - I might just rest him up for the rest of the year."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-season-20130726-2qq1f.html#ixzz2aXBP9FPT

Last edited:

BennyBoy

Juniors
Oh the irony, i'm merely taking it directly from coaches mouth

As far as i'm concerned it's the people who are demanding Hayne be returned to the field who are both jumping the gun and pulling shit out of their ass.
I call your opinion shit because it simply is, it's nothing but your own baseless assumption built around your innate desire to be a pointless skeptic.

If the most reliable source tells me the injury isn't as straightforward as you, or others, would like to think then i'm more than glad to take that over baseless speculation that's nothing more than a copy + paste of Gould's rambling. If you actually had a more reliable source that Hayne would be perfectly fit before the season's over, I'd be more than happy to listen and perhaps change my mind. But you don't.

"He will be ready again but whether I play him again is another thing," Stuart told Triple M.

Now instead of wasting everyone's time with you pulling shit out of your arse why don't you spend it more constructively by looking for your manners and learning to f##king comprehend what you read?

Last edited:

Noise

Coach

Bennyboy just did it for me. It's unacceptable to not play ur captain if he will be fit to play. Pissweak loser culture

Joely01

Bench
All Stuart said was he will be ready, when that is no one knows. It could mean this week it could mean round 26.
The wooden spoon is ours.
To say its piss weak loser culture is embarrassing to yourself.

I'm involved in athletics and what Stuart is saying about Haynes hamstring injury is 100% correct, if its an upper hamstring tear he had and he re hurt it trying to get fit for origin. I wouldn't risk him again this year.
Where the tear is it can literally re tear if you put your shoe lace on incorrectly if it hasn't fully recovered.
If he only get to 98% fit by the end of the season, don't play him. He will be gone for longer if he does it again.

So before saying s**t like he is piss weak etc, have a think about what pushing it can do to him not just short term but long term.

eels_fan

First Grade
SMH reporting Hayne back vs Brisbane in 2wks...sorry cant link it as I've used my 'quota' of read articles for the month apparently & need to pay to look an any more??!!??