What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne puts loyalty before cash

Twizzle said:
he was reportedly offered $2 mill over 5 years

that means he knocked back $50 mill a year where I went to school

I think you carried a zero out of your arse. :lol: must of been a great school

Bazal

Post Whore
Excellent news. I notice our troll friends are suspiciously absent this morning....:-k

Galeforce

Bench
This just means that Parra have closed the gap immensely. the public talk is that he putting parra above money, yes you folks can fall for that one.

If true why did he not sign mid year when parra annnounced that they want to sign him up before season ended. If he did not want to ever sign with Souths , why did he not state that mid year.

Simple , he was negotiating more money from Parra.The reason he has a manager is the same reason.

So if has signed he should be taking a good load with him .His comment re Inu indicates that i.e. to me it means there aint much money left for Inu , unless of course Inu really does not care about the money.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Galeforce said:
This just means that Parra have closed the gap immensely. the public talk is that he putting parra above money, yes you folks can fall for that one.

If true why did he not sign mid year when parra annnounced that they want to sign him up before season ended. If he did not want to ever sign with Souths , why did he not state that mid year.

Simple , he was negotiating more money from Parra.The reason he has a manager is the same reason.

So if has signed he should be taking a good load with him .His comment re Inu indicates that i.e. to me it means there aint much money left for Inu , unless of course Inu really does not care about the money.
:-({|=

mickdo

Coach
Galeforce said:
How is Jarryd going to be privy to how much cap room is left? Talking out of your rear methinks.

strider

Post Whore
he was waiting till after the test series cos if he had got picked he'd be worth more money - nothing wrong with that

i guess maybe money can't buy everything - souths will have to find a real reason for players to come instead :lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'd say he wouldn't be getting any more than 350 with us and if that's the case he's knocking back a reported 150K per season for 5 years at Souffs...

if that's not loyalty, I'll eat my hat..
Regardless he knows he'll make a sh*t load in the future where ever he goes, though I am extemely happy he has sacrificed somewhat to stay with us means alot to all of us.

Galeforce

Bench
good luck to parra , i have always stated that Haynes would be a top buy for souths as i rated him immensely and saw him as the best fullback option . I always knew that Souths would have to offer more money for Hayne to join , the question was always how much of a gap would he be willing to accept to stay with Eels.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i'd say the parra guys have a belief they can really push for a premiership in the next year or 2 if we get some luck - we pushed last years premiers to the limit and went within a few centimetres of beating them ...... so i reckon they'd want to hang around for a couple of years and see how things go then maybe move on to the big contracts, wether that be at parra or elsewhere???

i wonder if he is also getting extra's next season as a sweetener as we all thought now that PJs money became available ... which means he wouldn't be giving up as much money as it appears on the surface - he'd just be taking the risk of getting a bad injury and losing out further down the track

Redback71

First Grade
excellent news. but i wont be cracking the champaign bottle until he signs on the dotted line. also its good to see thats its a 5 year dal.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Galeforce said:

Why didn't he just take your 2 million, Im sure that's been on the table for longer than you think, the more he thought about Souths the less he liked the idea of being there, game over see ya.:lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Redback71 said:
excellent news. but i wont be cracking the champaign bottle until he signs on the dotted line. also its good to see thats its a 5 year dal.
I don't think he'll be signing a 5 year deal with us, that was Souths offer, though I would not be complaining if he did.

Pazza

First Grade
strider said:
yeah i'd say the parra guys have a belief they can really push for a premiership in the next year or 2 if we get some luck - we pushed last years premiers to the limit and went within a few centimetres of beating them ...... so i reckon they'd want to hang around for a couple of years and see how things go then maybe move on to the big contracts, wether that be at parra or elsewhere???

thats right, take alittle less money but play for a top 4 club that has a real chance at the premiership next season, better players, better coaching staff, a club that invests in the next big thing instead of throwing massive money at other clubs tallent, just alround better club :D