What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne set to be axed

strider

Post Whore
carson said:
I wonder if the club paying for the plasma and the general lack of retribution for this incident had anything to do with certain contract negotiations that were going on at the time?
mmmmmm :-k

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was under the impression that the club has pubished the players for taking the Gasnier incident further then the McDonalds resturant and not so much for being out late.

mickdo

Coach
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
I was under the impression that the club has pubished the players for taking the Gasnier incident further then the McDonalds resturant and not so much for being out late.
this has been said before but we are yet to see a source for this...

fish eel

Immortal
carson said:
I wonder if the club paying for the plasma and the general lack of retribution for this incident had anything to do with certain contract negotiations that were going on at the time?

at this point,should emphasis the only source I have heard or seen about the club paying was ray hadley in the middle of his diatribe earlier in the week.....

carson

Juniors
fish eel said:
at this point,should emphasis the only source I have heard or seen about the club paying was ray hadley in the middle of his diatribe earlier in the week.....

ooh... so I was speculating about a speculation, if I was on the news ltd payroll this would make me an Australian sports journo!!!

fish eel

Immortal
carson said:
ooh... so I was speculating about a speculation, if I was on the news ltd payroll this would make me an Australian sports journo!!!

you'd be up for a walkie, tbh :lol:

strider

Post Whore
carson said:
tbh mate I reckon that'd make you CEO!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1 Eyed TEZZA said:

Anytime a player is out somewhere with Mark Gasnier they must realise they are going to get in trouble.

Nikki

Coach
I think what all players need to realise is that the second they arrive back at pre-season training they are representatives of thier clubs. No longer are they "Jarryd Hayne, a kid from Minto", but become "Pirtek Parramatta Eels Jarryd Hayne, a kid from Minto" As they are not playing on the field their actions off the field seem to be scrutinised even more. Papers need something to report, and we the fans, eager for our football fix want something to read.

Im not sure how contracts are worded or written up, but they to put more emphasise on the fact that they do represent this club and should do what ever they can NOT to bring the clubs name into disrepute.

TBH, if the dickhead didnt go and get his gun on Monday morning he probably woulda been the type to go straight to the media. Jarryd may have found himself in trouble either way.

fish eel

Immortal
Nikki said:
I think what all players need to realise is that the second they arrive back at pre-season training they are representatives of thier clubs. No longer are they "Jarryd Hayne, a kid from Minto", but become "Pirtek Parramatta Eels Jarryd Hayne, a kid from Minto" As they are not playing on the field their actions off the field seem to be scrutinised even more. Papers need something to report, and we the fans, eager for our football fix want something to read.

Im not sure how contracts are worded or written up, but they to put more emphasise on the fact that they do represent this club and should do what ever they can NOT to bring the clubs name into disrepute.

TBH, if the dickhead didnt go and get his gun on Monday morning he probably woulda been the type to go straight to the media. Jarryd may have found himself in trouble either way.

I disagree.

Whether they like it or not, their profile means they are 'representatives' of the club 12 months a year. People dont suddenly forget who they are and then remember them when they resume training.

The players might not like it, but they are well paid and it's a responsibility that they need to accept comes hand in hand with their pay packet

Nikki

Coach
Lol.. I actually agree with you, but I thought I was being a bit harsh not giving them their 4 weeks off. They are usually overseas for that time anyways where they are a little less known.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Maybe we do not know all the facts? at the same time Im dissapointed in Haynes axing, I think maybe they should have fined him maybe 10 k and let him play.

Nikki

Coach
Oh I would say we definitly dont know all the facts.. And probably never will. I am assuming he has broken an agreement that the club had put in place for him to be axed for Rnd 1.

Latest posts