What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to Titans!!!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Let us also hope that we do not end up with
Tony Williams or Robbie Farah who would also be wastes of space. I would prefer that we promoted from within where we would get better loyalty from players. Harry Bath gave young and promising players a go in
1977 and 1979 and the Dragons won two
Premierships. Reddy joined us when he was 17 or 18.

I still think Tony Williams would make a better 5/8 than our current marquee player.

Gareth67

First Grade
What I do not understand is that he did not seem that pleased - at all .
A $2.5 mill. 2 year contract and no smiles ?

He away from the sewer that Parramatta has become , plus he will be in the sun at the Gold Coast . Me , I would be smiling each time I looked at my bank balance .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What suprises me about this is that I thought he was a certainty to go to Parra. Saints would have had a genuine chance if they could offer big dollars. Huge mistake not getting him.....

Glad he is going to Titans than any of the other rich clubs.

Goes to show how a good coach can attract players Take note Saints. Getting Boyd, Gaz, Fein, Costigan and Jeremy Smith on board for 3 years of good footy was not due to the Red V being a club with good history but Bennett being a coach. Wake up and sign a decent freakin coach.

Spot on Slip

hazzbeen

Bench
Great signing for them ... They have just added another dimension to their attack . I dont know how he would have gone playing Dragons Footy that has no dimension in attack at all .....

gregstar

Referee
Douche & Jowls must be delighted.

The Hayne love-fest has taken the dopey, dipsh*t, drongo, dropkick, dumbf*ck duo off the back page.

emu62

Juniors
What suprises me about this is that I thought he was a certainty to go to Parra. Saints would have had a genuine chance if they could offer big dollars. Huge mistake not getting him.....

Glad he is going to Titans than any of the other rich clubs.

Goes to show how a good coach can attract players Take note Saints. Getting Boyd, Gaz, Fein, Costigan and Jeremy Smith on board for 3 years of good footy was not due to the Red V being a club with good history but Bennett being a coach. Wake up and sign a decent freakin coach.

Apparently his manager approached the Titan a few weeks ago,according to Graeme Hughes on Talkin Sport.So as usual we were never in the hunt

BennyV

Referee
Sidebar, well done to the Titans. 12 months ago they were shot as a club, in huge debt, rumours of folding, tipped for the spoon.

Not sure how they look off the field, but they have bounced back from the DCE and Roberts dramas and will be real competitors next year, maybe even this year if Hayne fires.

Peats, Hurrell, now Hayne...what a brilliant mid-season recruitment drive!

Old Timer

Coach
Hayne may be a very good footballer on very big money but what a drop kick of a person.
All his so called passion for the NFL, then the Fijians, then rugby, the old love for the Eels and he is now back in the NRL but at the Titans
Smells of "exit stage left" while the heat was on, let every body else cop the heat for the salary cap fiasco, deny any knowledge of brown paper bags and find a way back and earn big bucks while everyone else has been copped plenty.
I can't wait for Beau Scott to give it to him.

Dragsters

First Grade
Sidebar, well done to the Titans. 12 months ago they were shot as a club, in huge debt, rumours of folding, tipped for the spoon.

Not sure how they look off the field, but they have bounced back from the DCE and Roberts dramas and will be real competitors next year, maybe even this year if Hayne fires.

Peats, Hurrell, now Hayne...what a brilliant mid-season recruitment drive!

Potential NRL assistance aside, it shows what a quality management team can achieve.

Totaldragonfan

Juniors
It certainly helps that the NRL is in charge of the Titans. I reckon the Dragons need to be taken over by them too to give us more financial clout.

Gareth67

First Grade
Where is our Bruce the All mighty?
The longer the negotiations with the WIN organisation continues , the less chance there will be of a successful outcome .

In fact , with the utmost respect to the gentleman , Mr Gordon is not a young man and ' heavens forbid ' should he fall ill , that could very well be the end of the Club hopes of a rich benefactor . And then we will not even be able to afford to ' window shop ' .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I wish Hayne all that he is warranted from his pure selfishness and obsession with himself.
Players like Tallis, Silly Bill Williams and Hayne who break their contacts are entitled to the level of respect and good luck that their unacceptable actions deserve. We should not glorify idiots who do not honour their contracts and at the same time let down their Club, fellow players and passionate supporters.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't know but it all smells fishy to me.Apparently he only flew up to the Gold Coast the day before to talk & next thing they had to call the lawyers in to sign a contract.The press conference was all about the eels & little about the Titans,He didn't even have a jumper/shirt on which i find strange.He keeps saying it's not about the $ but his manager says Parras offer was not enough.The Dragons supposedly offered 1.1m & Hayne has stated that a Sydney club did offer him more than the Titans but he wanted to play semi final footy this year.Anyway i can't blame him for not going back to the eels at the moment although there is a smell regarding all the dodgy paper bag deals.You can't tell me he wasn't included in any of them.

Mr Red

First Grade
I don't know but it all smells fishy to me.Apparently he only flew up to the Gold Coast the day before to talk & next thing they had to call the lawyers in to sign a contract.The press conference was all about the eels & little about the Titans,He didn't even have a jumper/shirt on which i find strange.He keeps saying it's not about the $ but his manager says Parras offer was not enough.The Dragons supposedly offered 1.1m & Hayne has stated that a Sydney club did offer him more than the Titans but he wanted to play semi final footy this year.Anyway i can't blame him for not going back to the eels at the moment although there is a smell regarding all the dodgy paper bag deals.You can't tell me he wasn't included in any of them.

Marquee player allowance and very good TPA'S were offered by the Titans ...two things we can't offer. Titans probably the only club that at this point of the season can offer marquee player allowance that's for sure...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Funny that the Dragons offered $1.1 million
but could not offer that to Brett Morris. Maybe Annesley thinks that if he does well at the Titans he may be in the running to be CEO/Administrator at the Dragons which will allow him to move back to the Shire and
replicate the deeds of the illustrious dearly departed Frank Facer.

St Tangles

Bench
The Titans are the only QLD club I don't hate.
Good luck to them.
They were everyone's favorites for the spoon this year.
They show me with the right management things can be turned around.
I'm glad Hayne didn't end up at the usual suspects
Roosters
Broncos
Doggies
DCE Turning his back on them has turned out well.