What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to Titans!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Dragons are always interested in quality players...

... We're just not interested in signing them.[/QUOTE
I don't know but it all smells fishy to me.Apparently he only flew up to the Gold Coast the day before to talk & next thing they had to call the lawyers in to sign a contract.The press conference was all about the eels & little about the Titans,He didn't even have a jumper/shirt on which i find strange.He keeps saying it's not about the $ but his manager says Parras offer was not enough.The Dragons supposedly offered 1.1m & Hayne has stated that a Sydney club did offer him more than the Titans but he wanted to play semi final footy this year.Anyway i can't blame him for not going back to the eels at the moment although there is a smell regarding all the dodgy paper bag deals.You can't tell me he wasn't included in any of them.

its amazing isn't it..he wants to play semi final footy this year.....feel sorry for the person that will miss out..he moves in at round 22 when some poor buggers already done the hard yards....its all about the dollar these days ...in a way I'm glad hes not coming here , gives more opportunity to blokes like Dufty etc...at least it will be good for the game on the Gold Coast I guess..thats if he runs to his full contract

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Gold Coast have had a few reincarnations. I hope that Hayne does not also let them down. Once Annesley goes I hope that they do not fall into a heap again. I am glad that we did not purchase Hayne as I feel he is past his prime due to his age 28.5 years and flip flopping.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I don't know but it all smells fishy to me.Apparently he only flew up to the Gold Coast the day before to talk & next thing they had to call the lawyers in to sign a contract.The press conference was all about the eels & little about the Titans,He didn't even have a jumper/shirt on which i find strange.He keeps saying it's not about the $ but his manager says Parras offer was not enough.The Dragons supposedly offered 1.1m & Hayne has stated that a Sydney club did offer him more than the Titans but he wanted to play semi final footy this year.Anyway i can't blame him for not going back to the eels at the moment although there is a smell regarding all the dodgy paper bag deals.You can't tell me he wasn't included in any of them.

If I was to firmly place my tin-foil hat on here for a moment and add to that some information from conversations I have been privy to... let's just have a guess and say the motivation came from his manager?
Read between the lines of what said player manager has recently been mentioned in the press for 'allegedly being a part of' and who runs the Titans. Much scratching of each others backs with this one me thinks?
No need to look further... all speculative of course :)

BringTheNoise

Juniors
If I'm being completely honest I think it's great for the game that Hayne has gone to the Gold Coast. Regardless of how they're travelling at the moment they're still very much little brother to the Broncos and Cowboys in QLD.

I would have loathed to have seen Hayne sign with a club like the Roosters as was being reported not so long ago.

Good to see a battling club get a win.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
its amazing isn't it..he wants to play semi final footy this year.....feel sorry for the person that will miss out..he moves in at round 22 when some poor buggers already done the hard yards....its all about the dollar these days ...in a way I'm glad hes not coming here , gives more opportunity to blokes like Dufty etc...at least it will be good for the game on the Gold Coast I guess..thats if he runs to his full contract

Gasnier did the same with us in 2010. The difference was he left the Dragons and returned to the Dragons. Still, someone must have missed out on grand final day.

giboz71

First Grade
Brilliant pick up from the Titans. They were already a genuine force, especially after watching the Sharks game. They were just 1 superstar short of greatness and now they have it. They are genuine premiership contenders now, if not this year, then next. Imagine when they get Elgey back to partner Taylor.

We're in a completely different situation. 1 expensive superstar won't help us, given our coach and the holes in our roster. And if we got Hayne, what would we do with Duges?? He's been ineffective playing anywhere but FB (not that he's really helped us at FB either).

Suggest we do what the Titans have done, develop our young talent, get rid of the deadwood, get a coach with half a clue and when the foundation is set, then pick up a superstar.

Alas don't see that happening any time soon.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
LOL. Amazing how people can get so resentful of other peoples' success.

What Hayne has been able to achieve in his sporting career is nothing short of phenomenal.

lol resent his success seriously pull your head in.

The guy is like a f**king soap opera I had this dream i had that dream and in the end his dream is just a load of shit.

He will suit the gold coast they have managed to do sfa for years and when he gets the another i dream of in his head he will walk out on them to.

Gareth67

First Grade
And good luck to the Titans in getting under Parramatta's guard .
I just hope for their sake that he completely forgets about the Eels and does play the football that he once did .
However , I also believe that he will have to work hard to do that . To do so , he must lose that swollen head that he has .

There are times when I get the impression that he believes that he is the greatest player to ever grace our football fields .

BringTheNoise

Juniors

The guy is like a f**king soap opera I had this dream i had that dream and in the end his dream is just a load of shit.

He will suit the gold coast they have managed to do sfa for years and when he gets the another i dream of in his head he will walk out on them to.

LOL ok. His athletic ability has taken him around the world, presented him with many opportunities and won him countless awards and earned him millions of dollars. If that's a load of s*** then I'd hate to see how he goes if and when he finally gets it together. Poor Jarryd.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Gasnier did the same with us in 2010. The difference was he left the Dragons and returned to the Dragons. Still, someone must have missed out on grand final day.

That's true but it doesn't make it right ...at the time I didn't agree with Gaz just walking in...If memory serves me right it was round 25......but I guess that's the way the game is these days

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade

Every sport has prima donas.

The NBA had Lebron James and The Decision. SBW swaps codes every few years and now he's an Olympian.

The common theme is, these guys are the best in their chosen field and puts bums on seats. On NRL on Fox, Kenty said the Titans had sold $10k worth of tix prior to Hayne announcing, and within hours after he signed, this had increased to $50k.

This is what guys like Hayne can do. Yes he's a soap opera, but you can't say he doesn't walk the walk.

St Georgio

Juniors
I am sure come big semi final games most of his team mates would looking at big dollar Hayne to produce something magical particularly when the game is in balance,

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, poor player Number 25 on the roster who probably hasn't played a second of first grade football. It's totally unfair that he loses his position to someone more talented and with far more upside to the employer. I'm sure this wouldn't happen in any other industry or era...

Old Timer

Coach
Hayne is the complete narcissist and has no regard for whom he lets down in his quest.
People can say he is an upgrade and bad luck to good old no 25 on the roster however most would sing a very different tune if they were actually no 25 and you were this close to semi final football.
Same happened IMO with Klim, Hackett, Thorpe, Huegill who left the sport of swimming and on that basis kids who may not have necessarily made it decided to stay on and maybe turned down careers or other opportunities to be pushed aside by the return of the former star.
IMO life should have some procedural fairness and reward for the ones who stayed rather than casting them aside for opportunistic gain.
Some much for his strong Fijian link, Hayne will now be playing NRL whilst his former brothers reach for gold he could have easily forgone this season and stayed on with them in Rio.
I would have kept Benji before I took this wanker and for me say that is really saying something.

STORM.99/07

Bench
hayne didn`t forgo the chance to play in Rio, he wasn`t good enough to make the Fijian team.thats why he returned to the nrl..he is only in the nrl til he has another dream then he will leave his team high and dry.