What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne won't be going anywhere

Avenger

Immortal
With Jarryd Hayne stamping himself as the most potent attacking player in the NRL, Parramatta are in the process of locking up their superstar fullback for life.

RLW understands Hayne, who is off-contract next season, will be the Eels’ No. 1 priority for a contract extension at the end of the current year.

I’m sure everyone at Parra wants Jarryd to stay and that’s something we’re working towards,” Coach Daniel Anderson says. “Everyone is happy with his form and I certainly am too it’s easily the best I’ve seen him play since I’ve been at the Eels.

“Jarryd has been in ridiculously good touch and now his team-mates are building confidence around him and know that if they support him there will be opportunities. He was fantastic for NSW in Origin and while at stages against the Broncos he looked fatigued, he still came up with two massive plays.”

And it’s not just Hayne’s coaches and team-mates who have been impressed by his recent form, with the Broncos rival Karmichael Hunt labelling him a “coach’s nightmare.”

“Jarryd is certainly one heck of an athlete,” Hunt says. “He has a great frame, speed and agility. He has so much ability with and without the football and he’s up there with Inglis and Slater as one of the game’s best athletes. And with time and practice he is only going to get better and better.”

“Jarryd is just a coach’s nightmare. We even watched extra footage of him and were on high alert to get up in his face but you still can’t stop him with his brute strength and ability to poke his head through the line.”

Source: Matt Logue - Rugby League Week, Page 10, 1 July 2009.

Yeah we should do a deal quick smart before the vulchers get a chance.

He is worth 400-450k and 3-4 year deal.

Keeping in mind that he is only 20-21, he will only get better.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah we should do a deal quick smart before the vulchers get a chance.

He is worth 400-450k and 3-4 year deal.

Keeping in mind that he is only 20-21, he will only get better.

Do you really think that this will be a smooth process with how player managers have carried on of late ?:crazy:

Avenger

Immortal
Do you really think that this will be a smooth process with how player managers have carried on of late ?:crazy:

I do not think Anderson will want the distraction during the 2010 season. I can see him tying up Hayne, Mateo, Grothe, Mortimer, K Keating and possibly Inu before 2010 starts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great news, the guy has so much ability it's not funny, and still at only 21 he can only get better.

caylo

Bench
I do not think Anderson will want the distraction during the 2010 season. I can see him tying up Hayne, Mateo, Grothe, Mortimer, K Keating and possibly Inu before 2010 starts.

dont expect Mortimer to be signed only 6 or 7 months after signing a 1 year deal. Hayne, Mateo and Inu will be top priorities and will sign for about 400, 300 and 250K respectivly. KK will prob sign next for about 150K and Mortimer will get a look in depending on early form in 2010. Grothe will probably be held last as he would be the most disposable of the 6 mentioned and would comand no more than 150K IMO.

If we sign guys like Hayne, Mateo and Inu early we also save ourselves from getting in a bidding war and allows them to concentrate on footy. Anderson know what his is doing, and IMO as soon as he finishes with the make up of 2010 squad he will wrap these guys up.

BD5733

Juniors
Hayne is in a fantastic streak of form.....but only recently went through a terrible run of form (and attitude).

To suggest he deserves more than, or is better than Hindmarsh when he was in his prime (which is basically his entire career) is laughable.

Bazal

Post Whore
I just hope we don't jump the gun and sign him to a long deal a la Witt/Brent Sherwin. 3 years with an option for a fourth would do me just fine.

And he's not worth 400-450 in a million years :lol: 300k 3 year deal with an option for a fourth

The Colonel

Immortal
A 15 - 20% increase on whatever he is on next year wouldn't be over the top.

Halfbacks the like of Thurston and Prince or a five eight in the mould of Lockyer are worth $400,000 or more. Just remember no club was willing to sign Karmichael Hunt for more than that.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yes I think the $300 - $350 K a year for 3 years would be abotu fair. Perhaps we can upgrade his contract for next year aswell if its a sweetener.

H0WZAT

Juniors
Becoming the number one face of the club when Hindy retires, and of NSW for that matter, he should get a nice 3rd party deal to cover the increase.

Yes and your point is?

Well...

Hayne is in a fantastic streak of form.....but only recently went through a terrible run of form (and attitude).

To suggest he deserves more than, or is better than, Hindmarsh when he was in his prime (which is basically his entire career) is laughable.

There's also no evidence that her current form is anything but a hiccup.

And he's not worth 400-450 in a million years :lol:

lewiscook

Juniors
Yes I think the $300 - $350 K a year for 3 years would be abotu fair. Perhaps we can upgrade his contract for next year aswell if its a sweetener.

Tbh i think if Hayne wonts it he deserves a more longer term contract.
My reasons are as follows:
- he has proven to not be injury prone.
- proven to thrive undeer pressure.
- proven to be an established NRL/player.

I dont see Hayne signing for more then another 2 years, but i feel if he wonts a longer term contract he truely warrants it.

Tbh i think if Hayne wonts it he deserves a more longer term contract.
My reasons are as follows:
- he has proven to not be injury prone.
- proven to thrive undeer pressure.
- proven to be an established NRL/player.

I dont see Hayne signing for more then another 2 years, but i feel if he wonts a longer term contract he truely warrants it.

Lord, you're an idiot, lewis.

Thrive under pressure? How was that five-eighth stint? Hell, how were the last two years?

She has proven nothing except an ongoing streak of petulance (which even reared its head this year).

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
well the best player of a club is normally on about 400-450K. I would look to offer Hayne a 3 year deal at about 400K is not ove rthe top. As far as I am aware was offered a 1.2million over 3 years which probably around what Hayne would deserve if he kepts his form continues.

Guys like Inu and Mateo arn't worth as much but the problem is they will command alot on the open market with teams like Cronulla and the roosters probably looking for an outside back and backrower. We need to rap up Mateo and Inu early or we could have to pay over to get them to stay here, while not too many clubs could afford much more than 400K for Hayne (as seen with hunt, no ones willing to offer too much more than 400K)

Latest posts