What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne won't be going anywhere

Avenger

Immortal
ok.. he was still under contract for 08 and the extension was for 2 years..technically right as I think he was handed a bonus for the 08 season anyway.

My friend, I know nothing but I have this gut feeling that when Hindmarsh re-signed Anderson met with the great man (as was reported)and let him know the plans for 2010 and beyond. He would have told him who he wants to sign for 2010. Poore and Shackleton accommodated that. The re-signings will be Hayne, Mateo and possibly Inu.

However the clincher to make Hindy sign for 3 years could be the big kahuna for 2011 in the form of one J. Thurston. Just have a feeling we will go all out for him.

btaag

Juniors
offer hayne a 3 year extension, $330k first season, $375 the second season and a $400k option in his favour for the final season.

If he refuses to take the option at the beginning of that year, we get first stab at negotiating a new deal....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My friend, I know nothing but I have this gut feeling that when Hindmarsh re-signed Anderson met with the great man (as was reported)and let him know the plans for 2010 and beyond. He would have told him who he wants to sign for 2010. Poore and Shackleton accommodated that. The re-signings will be Hayne, Mateo and possibly Inu.

However the clincher to make Hindy sign for 3 years could be the big kahuna for 2011 in the form of one J. Thurston. Just have a feeling we will go all out for him.

I get that feeling too. Teams that DA has previously coached have had very high quality half backs. Jones and Long for example.

oldmancraigy

Coach
offer hayne a 3 year extension, $330k first season, $375 the second season and a $400k option in his favour for the final season.

If he refuses to take the option at the beginning of that year, we get first stab at negotiating a new deal....

Flat rate contracts are always better.

give him 400k per season for 3 years (no raises). No raises helps us manage the cap better.

He's on more than 330k now - so you're asking him to take a pay-cut. Good luck with that!

Would love to see him stay at the eels for life but I hope we, as a code, don't lose this genius to f"ing rugby. Man can the kid play. However he also has the right to make as much money as he can because he is a true superstar. Thank f### he is a New South Welshman or origin would be history as a concept. With the economic crisis, he would have to be happy with 350K a season. To put that in perspective, Christiano Ronaldo makes the equivalent of Hayne's current contract in one game for real Madrid.

lingard

Coach
A 15 - 20% increase on whatever he is on next year wouldn't be over the top.

Halfbacks the like of Thurston and Prince or a five eight in the mould of Lockyer are worth $400,000 or more. Just remember no club was willing to sign Karmichael Hunt for more than that.

It appears as though the attacking full-back has taken on even more importance in Rugby League in the last few years. Has perhaps even over-taken the importance of an attacking five-eight. They even play similar roles at times. So, maybe $400,000 for a brilliant attacking fullback isn`t too far-fetched.

lingard

Coach
Lord, you're an idiot, lewis.

Thrive under pressure? How was that five-eighth stint? Hell, how were the last two years?

She has proven nothing except an ongoing streak of petulance (which even reared its head this year).

I agree with Lewis. (I can do that, because I`m an idiot too.) Hayne didn`t have a good season last year (neither did 90% of the Parramatta players - this gets tiresome, doesn`t it? Explaining this to you over and over?) Then he wasn`t a success at five-eight. He`d been asking to play fullback for a while. Finally Anderson put him there. He was on a hiding to nothing. A hell of a lot of pressure, I`d say. Would have looked like a goose if he`d failed. He had his credibility on the line. And guess what? He f**kin` slayed it! He thrived under that pressure. I wouldn`t be calling anyone an idiot if i were you.

I agree with Lewis. (I can do that, because I`m an idiot too.) Hayne didn`t have a good season last year (neither did 90% of the Parramatta players - this gets tiresome, doesn`t it? Explaining this to you over and over?) Then he wasn`t a success at five-eight. He`d been asking to play fullback for a while. Finally Anderson put him there. He was on a hiding to nothing. A hell of a lot of pressure, I`d say. Would have looked like a goose if he`d failed. He had his credibility on the line. And guess what? He f**kin` slayed it! He thrived under that pressure. I wouldn`t be calling anyone an idiot if i were you.

Just because everyone else failed doesn't mean her failure can be excused. Actually, kinda puts more pressure on her.

Speaking of pressure, the five-eighth stint is exactly what one needs to look at. Most especially considering she has been quoted as saying she was jumping out of her skin to have a go when she was told about it.

Asking to play fullback equates to crying because she doesn't get what she wants and won't do a job for the team when asked.

As such, there has been absolutely zero thriving under pressure. And I mean zero. She has had about three good games in the last two years yet everyone seems to overlook that because she made two breaks (from the wing, mind you, after doing jack all at fullback) last weekend against the Broncos.

Epic fail from HaHa and monstrously epic fail from her bum sucking cheer squad.

btaag

Juniors
Most of the people here will call it like they see it. Some people have an irrational love of some players or an irrational hatred of others (or 1000 shades between this).

Personally, I think that haynes move from 5/8 to fullback was only a slight change, and in many ways the two positions are interchangeable. The only difference is that the 1 has to return kicks and be in the right position for bombs, and the 5/8 has to defend in the line (massive simplication, but give me some time to explain)

Lockyer showed that he could go fron 1 to 6 and vice versa, Brett Hodgson was very much an attacking 6 that played from fullback when he was at the Eels.

Hayne was psychologically rattled by playing 6, but the pack was being beaten at the time. They still are.

Now that Hayne is at 1, he feels free to insert himself at key points, but will also make an attacking play and try to set up a try. He is playing with more confidance and it is as a result of being in a freer position.

PS - Refering to Hayne as 'her' is immature, puerile, and an insult to the brave and gutsy performances Hayne has delivered in the last 2 months. He should be proud of his efforts recently. I would like to see people infer he is a female to his face.

I think the attacks on Hayne are irrational. He is no Brett kenny, but he has played more than 3 good games this season.:crazy:

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
As Bigfella said the other day.................embarressing.
Seriously John, grow up.

Suity

lol, nah I'm fine.

My points are all valid. There are sometimes valid counterpoints, true, but in no way do these automatically invalidate my comments. As for the "her" stuff, as long as they keep biting then I'm gonna keep fishing. It's the interwebs, after all, and not to be taken too seriously. Ron gets all fussy over it but at least he has stated that he knows what I'm doing.

It's actually other people that need to grow up, not me.

Raudonikis

Juniors
lol, nah I'm fine.

My points are all valid. There are sometimes valid counterpoints, true, but in no way do these automatically invalidate my comments. As for the "her" stuff, as long as they keep biting then I'm gonna keep fishing. It's the interwebs, after all, and not to be taken too seriously. Ron gets all fussy over it but at least he has stated that he knows what I'm doing.

HJ,look i was 1 of haynes harshest critics before he started producing the goods.But you can not be serious with your continual critisism about him. He has become parras best player and the form player in the nrl. can you not see this or is it that you just refuse to acknowledge this? mate seriously your continual bagging of him is making you look like the biggest goose on this forum.

lingard

Coach
lol, nah I'm fine.

Everyone on the forum knows what you`re doing. That`s the sad part. You think it`s clever or funny to call a bloke 'she' and then get some sort of kick out of it because people react to that? I once knew a kid in primary school who was like that - but he grew out of it. You`re about as smart, witty, and intelligent as that 'Homo Man' idiot that was on here. At least he made one good decision - he f**ked off. Why don`t you?

TheRam

Coach
Hey, Homo Man was cool. He said things that weren't meant to be taken seriously and out of the box at times. Something that should be encouraged, as silly as those ideas may have been, they were never mean spirited and may many of us found them humorous.

As for (H)omo (J)iz though...well that is an entirely different story of a major knuckle head that cannot be explained or excused for his blind, dumb arse bias statements that simply make no sense and show him to be a major twat that does not support Parramatta, but instead supports individual players that he likes to fancy.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hey, Homo Man was cool. He said things that weren't meant to be taken seriously and out of the box at times. Something that should be encouraged, as silly as those ideas may have been, they were never mean spirited and may many of us found them humorous.

As for (H)omo (J)iz though...well that is an entirely different story of a major knuckle head that cannot be explained or excused for his blind, dumb arse bias statements that simply make no sense and show him to be a major twat that does not support Parramatta, but instead supports individual players that he likes to fancy.

yeah homo man was cool

Homo Jiz:lol:

Latest posts