What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haz-Beanz Meanz Hynz

sladden road

Juniors
I have rewatched the game.
Violet was quiet,real quiet.

5 years of the new Noddy.
f**k.
Put TFI there and let Violet go.
Outrageous finals performance from him. Pretty much nothing. He should have scored that try when he knocked it on over the line.

Avenger

Immortal
Easily the most overrated, most overpaid insipid player I’ve ever seen. A true nothing burger. You need to get rid of him. He’s awful.

I have rewatched the game.
Violet was quiet,real quiet.

5 years of the new Noddy.
f**k.
Put TFI there and let Violet go.
Outrageous finals performance from him. Pretty much nothing. He should have scored that try when he knocked it on over the line.
I will give Noddy credit he chased every kick he put in, played with a busted nut.
He never stopped trying.
This guy it's like when going gets tough I have no idea what to do

Craigshark

First Grade
Easily the most overrated, most overpaid insipid player I’ve ever seen. A true nothing burger. You need to get rid of him. He’s awful.

harsh coming from a fan of a team full of players on huge contracts who struggle to make the 8 most years

sladden road

Juniors
I will give Noddy credit he chased every kick he put in, played with a busted nut.
He never stopped trying.
This guy it's like when going gets tough I have no idea what to do
I remember that game also Stake, in WIN, against that great Shark( and dragon) , Lance Thompson. RIP. Would love for him to still be around.
Noddy was one tough merkin.
Not sure Violet is tho.

Craigshark

First Grade
Would you swap him for Moses?

#samemoney

Unlike most fans in here, I think Hynes will come good. A lot of high profile big money players have form slumps, it’s just frustrating Hynes has happened now. Combined with his injury. I think he’ll come out the other side, just maybe in the 1 or 6. If he starts next season the same as he has finished this one, I’ll be concerned.. but I’m not ready to throw him out to the wolves just yet

Quigs

Immortal
I agree with what you say Craigshark. Re Hynes and us, it currently reminds me a lot of the Donkeys history.

They have had some good quality halfbacks and have pissed them off to other clubs without allowing for this and that. I know over the years there has been a lot of them. Deardon for example.

Next season is a long way away. Let's see what happens as we have made our bed so to speak.

DJDL

First Grade
I hope you're right @Craigshark
As @jc155776 , I think, said elsewhere he's clearly hampered by a serious ankle injury.
When he first did it, it sounded like a season-ending, but he was back in 6 weeks.
There's no way he's anywhere near 100%.

But I just can't get past the look in his eyes at the moment.
He's mentally shot and, as Meninga pointed out, his lack of confidence permeates through the team.
As much as I think Mal is a clown, he's spot on about that.

One thing's for sure, Nicho needs to go away, clear his head and figure out how the f&*k to not dwell on mistakes/losses. It's killing him and the team.

And Fitzy and the coaching staff need to figure out a game plan which gets the best out of Nicho, Tricky and Brails.

Otherwise I can see Nicho being sold off to the Super League in 12 months time.

Craigshark

First Grade
Looks like a player with the weight of the world on his shoulders who needs a break. Probably rushed himself back from injury for the sake of the team thinking we needed him, then didn’t play great and copped an absolutely hammering like I’ve never seen before from the media. Even fitzy has alluded to it in a couple of press conferences the shit he has copped and the fact he has even got himself up to go out and play. I know a lot will say, it comes with being paid that much money and I agree to an extent.. but combine everything together and it’s any wonder he is playing like a busted.

off season has come at a good time for him. Get away from footy and have a break for a bit. f**k the media

Looks like a player with the weight of the world on his shoulders who needs a break. Probably rushed himself back from injury for the sake of the team thinking we needed him, then didn’t play great and copped an absolutely hammering like I’ve never seen before from the media. Even fitzy has alluded to it in a couple of press conferences the shit he has copped and the fact he has even got himself up to go out and play. I know a lot will say, it comes with being paid that much money and I agree to an extent.. but combine everything together and it’s any wonder he is playing like a busted.

off season has come at a good time for him. Get away from footy and have a break for a bit. f**k the media
I really don't understand why the media give it to him the way they do. Is he and the club just seen as an easy shot for these germs thinking it'll curry favour with other supporters and the untouchable clubs

shadowboxer

First Grade
I’m as negative as the next person, but post going to game then reading the misery on the thread at Hynes, I was surprised. Below par, but he wasn’t alone out there.
The glaring issue at the game was the momentum killers of errors. Toby, OK, Royce… the list goes on.
The little things count.
The riff fans were incredibly respectful about the game, which was another surprise. Then again, when a ball got dropped, they were rubbing their hands together. They knew what was coming next.
Long off season to ponder - just play no ponder Mr Hynes.

Craigshark

First Grade
I’m as negative as the next person, but post going to game then reading the misery on the thread at Hynes, I was surprised. Below par, but he wasn’t alone out there.
The glaring issue at the game was the momentum killers of errors. Toby, OK, Royce… the list goes on.
The little things count.
The riff fans were incredibly respectful about the game, which was another surprise. Then again, when a ball got dropped, they were rubbing their hands together. They knew what was coming next.
Long off season to ponder - just play no ponder Mr Hynes.

agree.. we don’t blow those attacking opportunities with basic stupid errors, who knows what we might have been able to do.

can’t agree about the panthers fans.. maybe it was just me surrounded by f**kwits in the 1 designated sharks bay in an 80,000 seat stadium

Weaponhead

Coach
I hope you're right @Craigshark
As @jc155776 , I think, said elsewhere he's clearly hampered by a serious ankle injury.
When he first did it, it sounded like a season-ending, but he was back in 6 weeks.
There's no way he's anywhere near 100%.

But I just can't get past the look in his eyes at the moment.
He's mentally shot and, as Meninga pointed out, his lack of confidence permeates through the team.
As much as I think Mal is a clown, he's spot on about that.

One thing's for sure, Nicho needs to go away, clear his head and figure out how the f&*k to not dwell on mistakes/losses. It's killing him and the team.

And Fitzy and the coaching staff need to figure out a game plan which gets the best out of Nicho, Tricky and Brails.

Otherwise I can see Nicho being sold off to the Super League in 12 months time.
The look in the eyes says it all. He looks like a lost child. Playing with no swagger.

Good news is that he will never again be spoken about in relation to origin.

His contract is a cap millstone. Too much coin for far too long. Sharks will pay massive freight if they move him on. He needs to get sorted and play like a marquee player.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
He isnt a half, organiser or 1st receiver. He cops shit because he's paid elite dollars(dumb move by the club)
Trindall deserves the 7 on his back and brailey has earnt a bigger role
Hynes can try his luck at full back next year and if no good just bite the bullet and ship him off. Kennedy can go too

DJDL

First Grade
I’d be reluctant to play him at fullback.
He has calf issues.
It’s not that long ago we had another half/fullback with calf issues.

It’s 6 or the UK for me.

chewsta

First Grade
I liken it to the Barba to the Broncs as a 6 experiment, good idea in theory but just didn't work. Nicho is an off the cuff type player and will play his best footy again at fullback with no pressure on him to kick or execute game plans. There is a great athlete/footy player in there but it's clear that he is not a general. Let him clear the head, recover from his niggling leg injuries, get back to full fitness and come back as a fullback.

It would solve several problems. Gets Akko back into the team, gives Tricky the reigns and we finally might get a fullback that will follow up the middle in support, especially with OK's ability to offload at will and AFB thrown into the mix as well.